One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-22 02:22:07

RodneyC86

I generally suck at PVP

And I basically suck at aiming at moving objects with my mouse. So.... anyone wanna knife fight spar with me? We can have a healer standby to heal.

We lock ourselves in a 8x8 property fence area and attempt to stab each other.

What? I can't have gladiator tournaments? Wait that's an idea RIGHT there

Bring colosseums into reality Jason!

#2 2019-05-22 03:12:23

Jk Howling

Re: I generally suck at PVP

Good way to practice aiming, in a way, is trying to feed people berries [with their permission ofc, don't do it randomly to people. Ever.] It can help you get a feel for aiming at moving targets at least.

-Has ascended to better games-

#3 2019-05-22 03:15:48

RodneyC86

Jk Howling wrote:

Good way to practice aiming, in a way, is trying to feed people berries [with their permission ofc, don't do it randomly to people. Ever.] It can help you get a feel for aiming at moving targets at least.

Ah i see

Still a little outlet for physical violence in a controlled setting might satiate some innate bloodlust in some players

#4 2019-05-22 03:26:39

Jk Howling

RodneyC86 wrote:

Ah i see

Still a little outlet for physical violence in a controlled setting might satiate some innate bloodlust in some players

That's what eve'ing is for now tongue Just /die till eve, find whatever village you spawned near [since eves now only spawn near living people], get hold of a weapon [preferably a sword], and start 'sating your bloodlust.' You can't be cursed so there's no real consequence to this in-game.

Not the most enjoyable playstyle tbh [and also rather frowned upon], but it's always there as an option. After all, Jason wants wars big_smile [sarcasm btw]

Personally I like the peaceful lives where the family accepts ume and my children, and w integrate into their town. Only takes a generation or two for your family to pick up the language. But not every family is happy to see strangers.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2019-05-22 03:27:05)

-Has ascended to better games-

#5 2019-05-22 03:32:18

RodneyC86

Jk Howling wrote:
RodneyC86 wrote:

Ah i see

That's what eve'ing is for now tongue Just /die till eve, find whatever village you spawned near [since eves now only spawn near living people], get hold of a weapon [preferably a sword], and start 'sating your bloodlust.' You can't be cursed so there's no real consequence to this in-game.

Not the most enjoyable playstyle tbh [and also rather frowned upon], but it's always there as an option. After all, Jason wants wars big_smile [sarcasm btw]

Personally I like the peaceful lives where the family accepts ume and my children, and w integrate into their town. Only takes a generation or two for your family to pick up the language. But not every family is happy to see strangers.

Yeah I know that's an option, but maybe we need to promote doing it in controlled environments, rather than going on a rampage against poor innocent civilians who are more than likely unprepared

Pit fights were pretty popular back then as entertainment. Even to this day, we have MMA. Maybe we should embrace that rather than trying to argue against violence?

Food for thought

#6 2019-05-22 03:32:49

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Sadly, this part of the game is totally unplayable currently.

It was never meant to be a reflex game.  The way the server resolves these things is designed around a player coming to rest before executing an action.  So mid-move actions are impossible.

Mez and I tried stabbing each other on a private server while running in circles.  It's an absolute joke.

This is my highest priority this week.... fixing it so that "dancing" is not a strategy to avoid someone who is trying to kill you.

#7 2019-05-22 11:41:31

hmrka

Jk Howling wrote:

Ohhh feeding players to practice stabbing, and throwing snowballs to practice shooting! nice

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#8 2019-05-22 13:25:56

breezeknight

jasonrohrer wrote:

Sadly, this part of the game is totally unplayable currently.

It was never meant to be a reflex game.  The way the server resolves these things is designed around a player coming to rest before executing an action.  So mid-move actions are impossible.

Mez and I tried stabbing each other on a private server while running in circles.  It's an absolute joke.

This is my highest priority this week.... fixing it so that "dancing" is not a strategy to avoid someone who is trying to kill you.

great, i wished for that, still ...

are there ANY plans in the near future for some substantial additions to the peaceful side of life ?

or do OHOL players have to wait through another series of high tech, radical changes to basics & more killing objects
until all constructive players left for good ?

- - -

Board footer