One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-22 02:04:00

Bob 101

Question for Spoonwood?

You are conistantly an ass to everyone yet you have been here for awhile now.

Why have you stayed for so long despite your constant misery.

Do you have any other hobbies outside of this.

#2 2019-05-22 02:53:45

Spoonwood

Re: Question for Spoonwood?

I don't know why you think I'm miserable.

I had people like Leonard (there's an accent over the 'o' that I don't know how to make here) and I think MultiLife saying that they don't quite understand the negative tone towards me, so no, it's not everyone.  Also, I think you've only see what I've said on the forum, not elsewhere.

Yes, I have other hobbies.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2019-05-22 03:07:07

Bob 101

Spoonwood wrote:

I had people like Leonard (there's an accent over the 'o' that I don't know how to make here) and I think MultiLife saying that they don't quite understand the negative tone towards me, so no, it's not everyone.  Also, I think you've only see what I've said on the forum, not elsewhere.

Well, I've only ever seen you complain up until recently.

You have hated on buildings quite a lot and even said you didn't want them improved at one point. But you have responded positively to Jason's building buff.

It's a role reversal because I'm not convinced it will help much. Still too much clutter in towns even outdoors.

#4 2019-05-22 03:23:27

Spoonwood

Bob 101 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

Well, I've only ever seen you complain up until recently.

You have hated on buildings quite a lot and even said you didn't want them improved at one point. But you have responded positively to Jason's building buff.

Yes I did say I didn't want them improved before, and I'm not sure that such makes for a good change for bs2.  If the result ends up that people make small buildings that cramp off a smithy or bakery, as I've seen before, then even with the temperature changes, buildings probably don't end up worth it.  I worked in a smithy on server12 that had size problems before and it wasn't the best.  Temperature is nice, but it's not everything.  There's also the issue of the doors getting blocked or locks... though from some discussion on discord it seems that some people have a way around that.  The size of buildings though isn't Jason's responsibility.  So, it's fine as a design choice.  Whether it leads to better or worse play though makes for a different matter.

Also, I would still rather have the old temeprature system before the temperature OHOL rather than all this building stuff.  No, the new system with buildings I don't think as good as things were before the temperature overhaul.  There still won't be a way to heat the farmers to how they could get heated before the temperature overhaul, and there's a bunch of them often enough.  A woman perfecting her temperature for fertility reasons will now be able to go inside with clothing, but that's still fewer tasks than were available to women perfecting their temperature say within a jungle or alongside multiple desert/neutral biome edges (which could anywhere, along a farm, near a bakery, on the way to a soil pit, etc.) before the temperature overhaul.  So, it's still fewer opportunities for fertile woman to do something productive while waiting on children via the temperature optimization strategy.  But Jason, and many others actually, don't care all much about that (if they care at all).  Heck, Tarr or someone else might still say that the temperature overhaul *clearly* made the game better, even though it made things more limiting for people trying to perfect their temperature/play for the sake of their lineage, which, at the very lease makes things less than clear with respect to the value of such a change for the game (also... and Whatever provided this link on the discord... see here: https://steamcharts.com/app/595690#All).

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

Board footer