One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-02 07:35:53

Neamtu44

Yesterday i cried

My story goes something like this:
I was born to a poor mother. She gave birth to me in a small deserted village. She nursed me to childhood, and shortly after i was able to fend for myself she passed away, leaving me with a cart of carrots i couldn't carry and not much more. But this is not the sad part. My name was Jack Chadwick.

I spent my early days putting some supplies together. I was determined to find civilization if it was the last thing i did. So i started wandering further and further from home. When i was a teenager, luck made it that i met my best friend...It was a wild horse which i tamed and named Stallion. He was my only companionship so i cherished him as another human. I hooked my carrot cart to Stallion, i burried my mother Eve Chadwick and i left in search of civilization.

I traveled maybe half of my life..just me and Stallion, through savanas and snow, forests and swamps, dodging lonely wolves and hungry bears, until i found another person; an EVE! I was the happiest. I had a purpose again...i had hope...we were in a big deserted town...everything was there. i started a fire for my newly found wife and our kids, i trained some of the kids in farming, i sent some of them for rabbits...My wife started baking pies...i was happy, and most of all thankfull for all the people that came before us, allowing our little family develop into something.

But soon enough we had to make compost and i went in search of the domestic berry bushes..they had to be around, right?....and then i saw it...just a bit south of the town...it was a masacre...a huge berry field...a field at least 20x20 tiles DESTROYED....all the berry bushes lied on the ground staring me in the soul...dug up by some monster...all of them...the only ones around for miles...green and alive, but useless...dug up and left on the ground to rot...mocking me..for the whole world to see what HE DID...
         He destroyed hours and hours of work..lifetimes of people cooperating to create something beatifull....something sustainable...the basis of a civilization...lifetimes of people desperately running for a pouch of water when they saw the yellow bush, just not to lose it...LIFETIMES WASTED BY A GRIEFER...LIFETIMES...hours me or you sank into that city in order to make it great...HOURS...AND HOURS......

I litterally shed a goddamn tear as these thoughts went through my head...so i did what a man must do...i grabbed an axe, i rounded up all the family (wife+6 kids at this point) i took them to the crime site and i showed them what one monster can do, as i choped each and every berry bush into firewood, under my children's eyes, tears in my eyes....

At this point  my life was closing to an end...i grabbed my old friend Stallion....went on a quick run to find full berry bushes, filled 4 bowls and took them back to my family for compost in order to undo what HE had done...replant those bushes for future generations to come.
I said goodbye to my family, i gave my eldest daughter my knife and my old friend Stallion to keep and cherish and i went and died by those bushes...may my bones feed the ground from wich they came.

That is the story of one of my saddest lives...I hope i was an example for my children and them seeing me turn all that work into worthless firewood made them think twice about destroying other people's sweat and tears.

If YOU are reading this...YOU are what's wrong with the world today!

P.S. I had printscreens but lost them. sry

#2 2018-04-02 08:28:34

Laura

Re: Yesterday i cried

;_; ...

I was in this abandond town, alone as an eve ...
No Berrys ... i think you came after me.
No horse, no ability to rebuild the bushes ...
Died with starvation ...

#3 2018-04-02 09:06:25

Neamtu44

Laura wrote:

;_; ...

I was in this abandond town, alone as an eve ...
No Berrys ... i think you came after me.
No horse, no ability to rebuild the bushes ...
Died with starvation ...

I hope my children did better...we had everything we needed...except the berries...i can only trust the children and hope to return someday to see all those berries back

Last edited by Neamtu44 (2018-04-02 09:06:46)

#4 2018-04-02 10:27:27

breezeknight

there had to be at least a second way to make soil

just one way to make such a basic ingredient invites vandalism

IRL compost is made not just depending on one sole recipe

Board footer