One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-05-20 17:04:02

OminousBladeBlank

Re: Jason Made My Playstyle Meta - WARMONGER META

DestinyCall wrote:

I think the most annoying thing about that experience for me was trying to talk with the other villagers who were planning the raid, because they were pushing the idea that "We are gingers.  We have to attack them first or they will wipe us out."   

Oh really?    Screw that.   I'm a peaceful farming ginger.   Leave me out of your dumb wars.

There is a time for war and a time for preparation. Obvuously it was time to prepare. You needed a better leader, clearly. It's a shame I wasn't there.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#27 2019-05-20 17:49:55

Solbusaur

DestinyCall wrote:

That feeling when you destroy your own village by trying to destroy another village. Tough luck, wish you had better players there

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#28 2019-05-20 18:03:54

Cookie

Joseph Stalin wrote:

looting and pillaging is fun as hell i'll admit

Only problem is, it's not as fun when you are the one being looted.

#29 2019-05-20 18:14:38

Cookie

OminousBladeBlank wrote:

I get the appeal of OHOL is changing, but this guy is right. We play the way our lor d and savior jason christ desires.

I think Jason actually wants to make the game more challenging for players. He is the "God" of the OHOL universe, thus he is testing us to see if we could overcome the odds and work together, or choose the easy way and keep relying on each others demise for our own "advancement".

#30 2019-05-21 10:52:36

breezeknight

well, there is only one little detail to be mentioned

you won't be able to kill players like me, because i don't play OHOL anymore since the fences update ... har har har
i am smart enough to realise that OHOL mutated meantime to a griefers' game completely

so, griefers, you meet mainly noobs, naive, masochists, youtubers, streamers, modders, update hoppers & other griefers in game
& maybe some olden days players completely desinformed about the current situation
so eg, if the number of players present in game declines again, then it's because the naive, noobs & olden days got more clever to stay away & because update hoppers, youtubers & streamers did already cover the last changes & are now playing the other newest game there is
that's the only fluctuation of players OHOL manages to generate, there is no growing players retention, lol
it all falls down to the level of the lowest common denominator, which is griefers & notorious masochistic griefer avengers

- - -

#31 2019-05-21 12:41:20

Spoonwood

breezeknight wrote:

so, griefers, you meet mainly noobs, naive, masochists, youtubers, streamers, modders, update hoppers & other griefers in game
& maybe some olden days players completely desinformed about the current situation
so eg, if the number of players present in game declines again, then it's because the naive, noobs & olden days got more clever to stay away & because update hoppers, youtubers & streamers did already cover the last changes & are now playing the other newest game there is
that's the only fluctuation of players OHOL manages to generate, there is no growing players retention, lol
it all falls down to the level of the lowest common denominator, which is griefers & notorious masochistic griefer avengers

- - -

I won't be surprised if this happens, since there's no consequences for smart enough griefers anymore sufficient to deter them.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#32 2019-05-21 13:00:21

futurebird

I don’t think the game has gotten to that point yet Breeze but you are correct that it could go that way. The majority of my games 9/10 have been totally peaceful. Most people who play this game are not interested in war, object to going on raids speak up when people want to kill a friendly Eve. If the balance tips? if it’s really a game where you kill anyone different on sight and always raid rather than collaborate I’ll be gone too. I encourage you to play one game. See what happens. Random irrational violence has a big impact on the victims. But it isn’t exactly “normal “ no matter how badly the warmongering voices may want that to be the case.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#33 2019-05-21 16:58:47

JonySky
Website

Spoonwood wrote:
breezeknight wrote:

- - -

I won't be surprised if this happens, since there's no consequences for smart enough griefers anymore sufficient to deter them.

I think you are exaggerating, the game still has the same base of players and the last update has created a more dynamic game in many ways ...

I even think that if the game continued as before this update, I had more chances to reduce the player base than right now ...

Before when a city came to have the diesel engine, the decadence began in every way (babies dying, griefers, players who did not know what to do, etc.)

now there are more stages before reaching the "complete" cities
and you always have to be alert of the "brigades of death"

now it is less repetitive than before and very good stories are generated!

#34 2019-05-21 17:04:26

futurebird

JonySky wrote:

now it is less repetitive than before and very good stories are generated!

The language changes, being closer together have had positive effects. But, the closer spawns the inability to curse people outside of our family and the ability for anyone to become Eve just by spamming /die are a toxic combination.

Might as well just add a "I want to grief" check box when you log in and you'd spawn as eve and could get on with causing as much trouble as possible. And if you die? If you get killed? Why would you care? You're just Eve you didn't build that much: start over and do it again.

---
omnem cibum costis

#35 2019-05-21 22:01:19

breezeknight

@futurebird

the feature changes made with the last couple of updates, since the fences update are only the last straw for me, tipping the wobbly enjoyment i still had now out of balance
it's not like the game before those updates was great to play for me, i complained enough about the garbage, the egotists, the lack of organization tools, lack of features rewarding constructive gameplay, rinse & repeat grind building a settlement, lack of features for different life design, powerless Eves, boring exploitative female lives, mods skewing gameplay, those problems are still present in the game, the last changes didn't improve anything about that, didn't they ? rather the opposite, isn't it ?

months ago, Jason talked about how he wanted this game to become popular, as popular as minecraft
i really cannot imagine how this can ever happen if the game is just punishing players for even playing it while rewards those who grief
& minecraft doesn't boast as being about building civilization & parenting, isn't it ? it's an open world 3D sandbox multiplayer & that's it, freedom, modding & griefing
OHOL on the other hand doesn't allow a player even to defend themselves against being killed with one hit while it hands over another weapon to be killed with, lol

yeah, Jason has first to even out the negative results of the last couple of updates with several really tremendously positive features & tools, before i come back playing

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-05-21 22:04:50)

#36 2019-05-21 23:47:12

futurebird

breezeknight wrote:

@futurebird

the feature changes made with the last couple of updates, since the fences update are only the last straw for me...

- - -

I'm running out of straws too.

y8gW9I1.jpg

I've played like 4 games in the past few days. I was feeling cheered because 3 were reasonable. Then I stumble in to this.

Though I think I'll trying avoiding the "after school" hours and play in the AM only. If this keeps on being common ugh. IDK.

It's not just that there is so much death it's that there is NO MEANING here. Nothing. This was not an invasion. This was not swords. This was just people who know they can't get sent to donkey town as easily. I did manage to curse the one who was kiting the bears in to town (and not having much success due to the fence. It was funny to watch TBH)

But, we had griefer twins and two other griefers one who killed a sheep probably using multiple accounts and /die to target one town for maximum mayhem.

And of course some people got killed in murder chains as well. It was just so...

boring.

Why am I bring wood and making kerosine for this place???

---
omnem cibum costis

Board footer