One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-20 13:32:16

Cookie

Do untouched graves not despawn anymore?

Many times after the last two updated I've came across old graves saying "died 750 years ago" or something similar. Maybe there must be players nearby for the despawn process to trigger?

According to the wiki, an untouched grave takes a total of 182 min. to despawn.

https://onehouronelife.gamepedia.com/Grave

#2 2019-05-20 13:48:33

MistressZues

Re: Do untouched graves not despawn anymore?

Ive had some weird findings with graves to lately, what keeps happening for me is if a non related person dies on the same spot that my family memeber died they mash the names together and say its my relative who died 40 minutes ago. for example my little brother died next to the fire, his name was Abaas Arabia(even though we were sos, he was named by another family). Seeing as he died next to the fire his bones were moved promptly to the graveyard. 44 minutes later a new eve spawned Eve Lake and tried to cause chaos for our peaceful four family village. She shot my cousin so I stabbed her to keep all the others safe. she died on the same spot my little bro had died before. When I scrolled over her grave it said Eve Arabia your little brother died 44 minutes ago.... i was like umm i know this is eve lake and i know she died 30 seconds ago and i know she isn't my little bro f the what??!! lol so yea weird

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#3 2019-05-20 14:54:01

Twisted

Re: Do untouched graves not despawn anymore?

Items don't transition while the chunk is unloaded. Usually when a person dies, the Fresh Grave decays into a Grave after two minutes, the Grave decays into an Old Grave after 60 minutes, and the Old Grave disappears after 120 minutes.

When the last person in the area dies they leave a Fresh Grave, but since no one is in the area their body will not decay into the other stages. When someone wanders into that area 750 years later, the Fresh Grave immediately changes into a Grave as its timer has run out, and a new 60 minute timer starts for it transitioning into a new grave.

It's the same reason you sometimes find fires or hot coals in villages that died out hundreds of years ago.

Board footer