One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-04-25 15:59:20

Ace

Re: Jason might as well go quiet again

Booklat1 wrote:

Do you think having a person to review your code for bugs could help?

He can just buy a rubber duck and explain the code to it for debugging.

Last edited by Ace (2019-04-25 16:00:00)

#27 2019-04-25 23:49:45

Spoonwood

Booklat1 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:
Twisted wrote:

It is ten times better. The only bad thing about that update is that it didn't come six months earlier.

It is not better, since as I explained it has resulted in people not playing to provision for their children as much as before.

but that was a horrible explanation, you havent even proved SIDs increased, let alone show why that is more important than actually balancing biomes and clothes, making an entire meta appear with tailoring.

Oh yeah, fertility, keepin lines going... Guess what? There's absolutely no reason to do it in a game that is sit and eat simulator

heat update was the absolute best, you were wrong before when saying it made the game unplayable, you still are.

At NO point in time did I ever say the game became unplayable after the temperature overhaul.  Surely, I didn't prove that SIDs increased, but I did NOT claim that they did either.  The temperature overhaul did increase how often children get overfed, but the nurses overfeed almost every child.  That didn't happen when everyone was raising their own child as often.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#28 2019-05-19 04:41:17

MiniblueWarrior

I think its safe to say that Jason's goal at the moment is not to make a game that the people who play it want, but rather a game where the players merely follow how he wants it played. It is not a rebuilding civilization game, it is an idea game, one where the ideas are random and do not match the idea of the trailer. The trailer shows the advancing of civilization through teamwork, creating little societies together and striving for further advancement amd survival. The game instead is one of constantly being reborn in random villages and having an hour to get to know everyone and the locations of everything while trying not to starve before doing it all over again. (The being reborn thing is cool, the always being somewhere random is not). It is a game of constant introductions and never any real connections. Its like taking the introduction phase of a roleplaying game with the struggle of a survival game and setting it on a timer, and once that timer is up it starts all over.

I think we all love the game, have ideas, and really want to see it do well, but Jason would rather act like we merely complain and dont contribute and are selfish. Its not a free game, of course we want it to be refined in a way we liked. It is a product, and one we want to help give ideas for. Jason doesnt have to be a one man team when it comes to testing the game, creating ideas, finding bugs, and getting feedback, but he chooses to be.

This is not a game for the consumer, but rather the developer. Of course our opinions wont be heard, as our job is merely to populate the game.

Board footer