One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-15 21:51:46

Bob 101

The benefits of wars/trade?

So let's say you had at least one neighbor close by. Would it worth the hassle translating for a trade agreement or losing lives in a war.

I personally think neither, Just play defensively and work on your own town. Wars only an issue if you are ill prepared or the other town is technically superior  (They got swords and you don't). In one case people from an Eve camp just bow'd a random city dweller for his full set of clothes, Knife and cart. In other being prepared deters most raids.

I'd rather a long term trade aggrement, They continue producing things for you rather then one time payment. But even then you could kill them and replace them with your own people.

BUT EVEN taking over is stupid if your town is exactly the same or better anyway.

Just because we are closer and speak different, Dosn't make us want to trade or war (Unless you're already a griefer beforehand anyway).

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-05-15 22:05:00)

#2 2019-05-15 23:59:27

RodneyC86

Re: The benefits of wars/trade?

I think trade will not happen simply because every village fundamentally has the same resources and as the player base stands now everyone has same skill set since players are not coming in. Arguably the one things that few people know are perhaps engines - which I still have trouble learning and remembering, even then I could be wrong and underestimated everyone else

To make trade feasible, there must be excessive potential production and scarcity which unfortunately, every town eventually shares the same of since we are not likely to find another town that is too far away

You know what I think can really change up the game?
Make Biomes HUUGE. Seriously, what kind of savannah is only 20 meters by 20 meters, what sort of jungle is only 10 by 10 meters.

We need them to be huge so we have grassland towns, plains towns, badland towns, jungle settlements, tundra camps, desert outposts. Each that make their own set of resources. Grassland should be most prevalent of course so Eve camping won't be impossible, make them spawn around pond clusters which in turn is surrounded by one or two huge biomes. So a towns production depends mainly on which huge biome it is sitting next to.

This will actually give reason to to trade not kill

#3 2019-05-16 01:06:13

Booklat1

Re: The benefits of wars/trade?

having bigger, slightly more liveable biomes is the way to go

Board footer