One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-15 08:56:30

Toxic
Banned

I feel sorry for Datruff

Datruff lately had been posting a lot of things trying to sabotage my apology. I told him on the day he started saying he wasn't a griefer that if he griefs and says he isn't one he will be hated more. He has been caught lying on multiple occasions and i bet he still heavily griefs. Today my town was invaded and i did end up killing their town which was only 400 tiles away. I think that was reasonable since we were a new town so we stole their swords when they attacked us and killed them lol.

Back on topic, so listen to me Datruff if you think that you can say (Im not a griefer! im a good guy this community is sooo bad!!!!) and expect people to beieve your sorry its not happeing.
I actually want to change and become a better member and unlike you i don't go and say "I Quit Griefing", then get caught the next day red handed for griefing.

It's just annoying that i am trying to be a better member of this community and this other guy has to keep reminding me of my past.

#2 2019-05-15 09:28:06

Dantox

Re: I feel sorry for Datruff

datruff just doesnt want to accept the fact that the community was willing to give you a second chance for a formal apology rather than his childish apologys

make bread, no war

#3 2019-05-15 11:14:38

CatX

Maybe your change of heart is a provocation that forces him to take a good look at himself if he wants to remain your friend. Since he doesn't want to face himself, he lashes out at you instead.

Sort of like Luke's vision in the cave in Star Wars, only Datruff can't handle what he sees.

Last edited by CatX (2019-05-15 11:14:55)

#4 2019-05-15 11:16:46

Psykout

Dantox wrote:

datruff just doesnt want to accept the fact that the community was willing to give you a second chance for a formal apology rather than his childish apologys

Well said

#5 2019-05-16 00:17:27

pedrito confesiones

i don't, he decided this

CoNtEnT

Bottom text

#6 2019-05-16 00:31:43

DestinyCall

pedrito confesiones wrote:

i don't, he decided this

It's not Datruf's fault.  No one warned him that feeding people to pitbulls was wrong.   By the time he figured it out for himself, it was already too late.   He was branded for life.    No amount of whinging could fix his reputation with the community.   It is a sad story.

Could have happened to anyone, I suppose.

#7 2019-05-16 00:51:02

spurofthemoment

DestinyCall wrote:

No one warned him that feeding people to pitbulls was wrong.

I'm doing my best to discover whether this is sarcastic or not. If not, it's at least hilarious.

@Toxic, don't worry about DaTruf. Like others have said, I think he's just mad that you're getting a second chance and he's not (cause you're being an adult and he's not), so don't bother worrying about him. I don't think he's managed to turn even one person against you...he's just making himself look more ridiculous.

Tbh, I'm not convinced DaTruf is even upset by this. Although it'd be nice to think perhaps he has a conscience, I'm more inclined to think he's just having a heyday now that he's found a new person to bother and new drama to create posts about, now that the pitbull post is getting old.

Keep having fun playing OHOL productively, and don't let him bother you.

My name's Ash. And yes, I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

And no, I've never played Pokemon. It just...kinda happened that way.

#8 2019-05-16 01:25:52

Jk Howling

Personally for me, it's just a matter of owning up to your mistakes and taking responsibility for your actions. I don't have the highest of expectations when someone with a history of bad behavior claims they've stopped, but giving them a chance to own up to their mistakes and turn things around doesn't hurt. An honest apology and an open willingness to change is commendable.

But running around denying every accusation, regardless of proof, and continuing to screech "I'm not a griefer! I'm a good guy! I'd never grief!" does nothing to help anybody's case- certainly not your own.

It comes down to a matter of respect. I can respect someone who admits they've made mistakes and wants to move past them. I can't respect someone who behaves disruptively and immaturely, then does nothing but make try to excused for their actions.

-Has ascended to better games-

#9 2019-05-16 02:12:37

futurebird

People are being really mean to 'tuff meaner than I think anyone should have to put up with even if they are annoying and eat all the carrots and won't stop when you ask nicely.

LOL.

I mean I do find this a little funny. But, don't make him feel like he'll always be hated if he stops being a pest. The steps are simple:

1. recognize what you did that hurt and annoyed others
2. own it. it's your mistake, not their's for being mad
3. stop doing it

Then you could have real fun with us. Come on give it a shot.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#10 2019-05-16 03:37:05

spurofthemoment

futurebird wrote:

People are being really mean to 'tuff meaner than I think anyone should have to put up with even if they are annoying and eat all the carrots and won't stop when you ask nicely.

LOL.

I mean I do find this a little funny. But, don't make him feel like he'll always be hated if he stops being a pest. The steps are simple:

1. recognize what you did that hurt and annoyed others
2. own it. it's your mistake, not their's for being mad
3. stop doing it

Then you could have real fun with us. Come on give it a shot.

^^^ This. If he ever posts an apology that sounds sincere, I'll be more than willing to give him a shot at redemption. (Forgiveness isn't the same as trust, mind you, but I'd be happy to play nice with him if he wants to play nice with us.) I don't hate DaTruf currently...I just think he's funny, in an eye-rolling sort of way. So in the case that he ever gets past that, I look forward to playing productively with him just as much as Toxic or any other repentant griefer.

Last edited by spurofthemoment (2019-05-16 03:37:13)

My name's Ash. And yes, I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

And no, I've never played Pokemon. It just...kinda happened that way.

Board footer