One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-31 22:21:18

Filenzi

PvP/PvE Servers

Hello Guys

We are playing on server 15 we build huge settlement and some kids came and griefed everything and we couldnt protect it how about making few server that can be only PvE ? just building stuff and working together ? no griefing or murders ?

#2 2018-04-01 00:10:20

khloron

Re: PvP/PvE Servers

Hi Filenzi,

I was one of those kids from this morning. I usually hate when people destroy things in the game, whether it's randomly stabbing people or even something small like harvesting milkweed that isn't fruiting. Up till today, I had owned knives and bows many times in the game but never killed anyone except once (when there was one of those rando-griefers in the village who was going to kill everyone). Here is my side of the story.

Yesterday my friend and I decided to try playing on an empty server to see if we'd be able to play together. It worked, and we stumbled upon this settlement that had a carrot farm and some tools. So we decided to live there, and we spent hours working on it. We started a big wheat farm, made many piles of compost, built two cisterns and filled them with water, made more water pouches, built an oven and a pie-baking area, and we baked a bunch of pies. We also built tons of boxes, carts, and baskets and organized the whole place because it had been lacking storage space and had been a little cluttered.

When a baby was born, did we just let it die so that we could keep playing alone and monopolize the space, the way you guys would have? No, of course not. There was plenty of food, and the more the merrier, we thought. And it was great--the baby grew up and that player worked with us and it was a lot of fun. S/he built a lovely sheep pen and domesticated some sheep, and we started learning how to make wool clothes.

So that was yesterday.

This morning, when my friend logged on, you guys were the only ones online, so he kept being born to you. You guys were living at the same settlement, which had plenty of resources and wasn't short on food or clothes or anything, but you just let him die over and over. Which is fine, I guess. Personally, I think it totally sucks when people don't take care of babies, since that (to me) is one of the big parts of the game. But I get that some people apparently can't be bothered when they're busy working on something, so maybe you two are in that camp. The bigger issue to me is what happened when my friend respawned near the settlement as an Eve, and had this conversation with one of you (which I saw because I was in the room looking over his shoulder, going "oh, try talking to them"):

Friend: Hey you guys, can't you be a little more welcoming? We put a lot of work into this place yesterday.
You: We start this base
My Friend: Yeah, but we put a lot of effort into improving it. Let's work together.
You: But we start this base
My Friend: Yeah, but this is a public server. Can't we just build together?
You: Public, yes. BUT IT IS ALSO PVP.

And then you (or your friend) proceeded to run off the screen, come back with a bow, and kill my friend.

Seriously, WE were the ones who asked if we could just work together. Multiple times. And the response was a very slap-in-the-face F*** You. We were pretty angry. After we had spent so much time building there yesterday, you two were completely monopolizing the place (and thereby kind of monopolizing the server) and not letting anyone in--if we spawned as babies, you let us die, if we spawned as Eves (which was always nearby) and came anywhere close, you shot us.

So our mission for the day changed from one of learning how to dye wool and build more stuff to hunting you two down and getting revenge. We would have been 100% happy to play alongside you, but since you guys decided to turn this into a "PvP situation", we decided to follow suit. And if you weren't going to let us play there, then we weren't going to let you play there either. So yes, we led a bear to the settlement to kill you guys and then proceeded to destroy the place.

TLDR: We would have been perfectly happy to play alongside you, but you wouldn't let us. YOU let us starve over and over again as babies even though you had plenty of food. YOU fired the first shot, without any explanation other than "this server is PvP." And after we literally asked you, peacefully, if we could play together.

I totally agree that murderers and griefers suck, I just find it kind of funny that you made a post like this when you guys were very clearly the ones who didn't want to build and work together without any murders. I'm just going to assume that first conversation between my friend and one of you was with your friend, and that you, Filenzi, were not there. Maybe you didn't realize how much of an a**hole your friend is and that you guys fired the first shot. Because otherwise your post is kind of hypocritical.

To everyone else out there, I'm sorry that the settlement is such a wreck.

#3 2018-04-01 00:44:25

Filenzi

didnt know that he started it we wanted to play together or better work together cuz i saw what effort you put into it ... we were trying to play together and when we did i told you ill be farming that was okay than one of you came and started stealing stuff and pulling them away from settlement clothes cakes carts .... after that we started attacking you and than it begun ... war for small settlement that we both worked on so hard ... you are telling me that we started killing you im telling you that you started stealing from us ... to be honest, its bunch of bullshit from both sides ... this pitty fight over some carrots and pies cost us (both parties i would say) whole day of figting destroying eachother work ... so how about this... we still could work together after this huge misunderstanding ...  play like normal adult people with differences everyone will be welcome under one condition .... each one will have his own job and will do only what he is suposted to do Farming hunting building etc. give me your contact and we can work this out together ...

#4 2018-04-01 01:23:58

khloron

Thanks for replying, Filenzi.

It's good to hear that you didn't know--so at least part of it was a misunderstanding.

Just to make things perfectly clear, we didn't take anything--clothes, pies, whatever--until AFTER your friend killed us. That first conversation took place at the edge of the settlement, shortly after my friend first spawned as Eve and was still naked, and I hadn't even logged on yet.

But I know now that you weren't there, so you wouldn't have known that. I can see how it must have looked to you--I'm sure you were appalled by our seemingly unprovoked raids.

I'd be glad to play together with you in the future, but I'm content to just keep playing normally without swapping contact info.

Side note: in the spirit of playing together in harmony and stuff, if you are ever one of the only people online in the future, could you pleease take care of babies? Those are other players, and if you're the only ones online then there's no one else to get born to.

I didn't mention this in my first post since it was too long, but at some point, another player was on the server. S/he was named Eve Ofallon when I was born to her and she called you guys "those a**holes in the West." Maybe your friend killed her too but otherwise I'm guessing it's because you guys kept neglecting him/her as a baby while surrounded by food and extra clothes.

Anyway, I usually try to communicate with other players to make sure one of us is always taking care of important stuff--and if I don't already have a job I'll ask other players if they need any materials for what they're making. I didn't get a chance to do that this morning, since I'd be killed on sight, but that's how I play as a general rule.

So if we ever run into each other again, I think we will get to collaborate--you just won't know it's me. wink

I was thinking of going back to Server 15 someday to try and restore some of what was destroyed (though I'm not sure that'll be possible, so I might just start a new place nearby). Perhaps we'll meet again there.

Last edited by khloron (2018-04-01 01:31:35)

Board footer