One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-13 22:38:57

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Home maker

I really hate that the home maker is set up for me when im born and when i hear a bell tower i dont know where it is ...

I really love this baby on my display

#2 2019-05-13 22:39:32

Solbusaur

Re: Home maker

Can't you just break it, and it'll show the belltower direction?

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#3 2019-05-13 22:42:47

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Solbusaur wrote:

Can't you just break it, and it'll show the belltower direction?

Thats the thing i cant see where it is i just see the arrow pointing at the place i was born no home maker made its like its automatically just there where im born

#4 2019-05-13 22:48:25

Solbusaur

Can you place a new one?

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)

#5 2019-05-13 23:16:42

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, this may be a bug...

Is this the case for every baby, no matter where born?

Should only be for Eve, and there's actually a home marker placed where she spawns.

And yes, setting and clearing another home marker in the rough area of your "ghost" home marker should clear it.

#6 2019-05-13 23:19:05

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Just tested it, and I think it's working correctly.

You "inherit" a live home marker if it's within about 2 screens of you where you're born.  It was always supposed to work this way, but there was a bug in the client that got fixed a week ago.

This should only happen if there's actually a home marker there, though.

#7 2019-05-13 23:30:03

Post apocalyptic
Banned

Okkkk ill try taking off the home maker this time

#8 2019-05-13 23:31:33

Post apocalyptic
Banned

But ya i got confused about the inherting the home maker cuz if there is a bell tower there is noway for me to find out where it is but i will try taking off the home maker this time

#9 2019-05-13 23:55:27

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yes, the bell tower creates a different class of home marker, an "ancient" one that is at the bottom of your marker stack. So you can't see it without clearing all your other markers.

It may not be clear to people, but new markers stack on top of previous ones, allowing you to work at a temporary outpost for a while, and then clear that marker and make your way back home.  So you could park your cart in the rock biome, mark it, and then prospect for iron, and find your cart easily.  Then, when you're ready to go home, clear the cart home marker, and you'll start navigating back to your old home marker.

Like waypoints.

#10 2019-05-14 09:05:56

Solbusaur

jasonrohrer wrote:

Yes, the bell tower creates a different class of home marker, an "ancient" one that is at the bottom of your marker stack. So you can't see it without clearing all your other markers.

It may not be clear to people, but new markers stack on top of previous ones, allowing you to work at a temporary outpost for a while, and then clear that marker and make your way back home.  So you could park your cart in the rock biome, mark it, and then prospect for iron, and find your cart easily.  Then, when you're ready to go home, clear the cart home marker, and you'll start navigating back to your old home marker.

Like waypoints.

I did not know that, and WOW is that useful to know!

Board footer