One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-12 19:06:24

Solbusaur

Paper for translation

If you use paper and then get a foreigner to use paper, they'll say the exact same thing, but in their own language. This means you can link up whatever you said to what they said. For example, if a sheet said 'Welcome traveller', when they read it, it could say something like 'Valsim kluxittur' (Or whatever the syllables are). Obviously that makes Welcome = Valsim and Traveller = Kluxittur

Using this, one could make sheets with the most commonly needed words, so that foreigners can learn what to say by matching their speech with yours. I came up with a list of the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Directions: North - East - South - West
Verbs:  Feed - Need - Kill - Help - Get - Farm - Take - Run - Die - Come - Am/Is - Make
Nouns: Fuel - Fire - Sheep - Compost - Iron - Water - Food - [Plants vital for civilisation, e.g berries milkweed and carrots]
Connectives: Or - And - Because (or 'As') - For

Example phrases:
If you need help with producing rope, you can say the words for 'Come Help Farm Milkweed'

If you're low on pies because there's no meat, say the words for 'Come Help And Kill Sheep'

Fire is dying, 'Need Fuel For Fire'

A mine is needed to get iron, 'Help Get Iron North'
Etc. Try and make these vocabulary sheets in every town at some point. Would help to have some more vocabulary in the replies too

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

Board footer