One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-08 04:20:43

fragilityh14

A friendly "goodbye for now"

I meant to post this some time ago, and I know one doesn't have to announce when one leaves forums etc,

But I got into my busy season for work, and my wife and I are about to have our first kid quite soon (this month).

Last year i accidentally took a break from this game a long time, because it wasn't working right on my computer and I ended up getting into like 5 games before i made it work again (which amazingly was just installing WINE on a system I hadn't needed it on since upgrade)

the point is, i never said "Bye" last time and I wished I had. I hope it's not so long before I play again, but with the big well update (which makes sense for balance, i saw the email, i haven't played in weeks) i know I'll be all the more hesitant to get back into it because I need to learn some of the basics again.

But the truth is, i hope this game is still around in 10 years, because i'm not sending my daughter to school, and this is the type of genius shit I want her to learn at home.

I hope to come back, both to the forums and to the game. I wish you wonderful people the best, and I fully believe in Jason's vision here.

Maybe my daughter will be an amazing sleeper and I'll have plenty of available hours to play this, i just don't know. Maybe I'll never come back.

But i just really wanted to properly say goodbye to y'all, this has been an amazing game community to be involved with, and i love most of you.

peace and happy travels, may you have many children and may your family lines live an eternity. <3

[I'll check back on this thread to say goodbye to people. I genuinely hope I'll be back. I meant to make this post like 6 weeks ago...I'll be a real life dad at sometime in the next month, wish me luck!]

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#2 2019-05-08 04:22:35

GreatShawn

Re: A friendly "goodbye for now"

I think ur daughter deserve public education to be smart instead of emergin herself in a virtual human simulator

#3 2019-05-08 04:45:26

fragilityh14

GreatShawn wrote:

I think ur daughter deserve public education to be smart instead of emergin herself in a virtual human simulator

Says the guy growing up under communism. LMAO.

this game wont be her life education, but she'll have free time.

Elon Musk unschools.

My daughter will know how to work instead of complaining on the internet her daddy doesn't give her enough allowance.

Last edited by fragilityh14 (2019-05-08 04:47:52)

Listen to your mom!

#4 2019-05-08 05:40:12

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Sounds like a plan, fragility!

Welcome to the wonderful world of breeding.

Don't leave life without experiencing these things:

1.  Having children of your own.

2.  Seeing a total solar eclipse in person with your naked eye.

3.  Trying virtual reality (just once is enough).

4.  Having a psychedelic experience.

#5 2019-05-08 06:05:11

Psykout

Nice list Jason, combining 3 and 4 is... a trip... wink

#6 2019-05-08 18:43:05

Solbusaur

Good luck Fragility!
You should name your child Hope, haha

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#7 2019-05-10 03:41:36

fragilityh14

jasonrohrer wrote:

Sounds like a plan, fragility!

Welcome to the wonderful world of breeding.

Don't leave life without experiencing these things:

1.  Having children of your own.

2.  Seeing a total solar eclipse in person with your naked eye.

3.  Trying virtual reality (just once is enough).

4.  Having a psychedelic experience.

Haha Jason, i live in WA, so i saw the most recently solar eclipse, though i was just _barely_ out of full range, and of course, only looked with the glasses.

I've done WAY too many psychedelics, so i'm trying to get out of the rest of my life without too many wink

Haven't done VR too much, though the VR torture in Altered Carbon made me a bit scared of the concept!

Solbosaur: haha, i was telling my wife how common that is on the game. We've only told literally 2 people the name of the baby, one is my little brother, and the other is a person on OHOL who named me our baby name! (though, one letter different in spelling, but still)

Listen to your mom!

#8 2019-05-10 06:13:50

jasonrohrer
Administrator

fragilityh14

I've seen my share of partial eclipses over the years, with the dark glasses.  Weird shadows on the ground, etc.

But we went up to Oregon to see the total eclipse a few years ago (the one you're talking about).... and, well... cannot put it into words.

I mean, you take off the glasses for about two minutes, and what you see there in the sky is.... well, your eyes and brain simply cannot believe that what you're seeing is real.  It looks like a special effect from a video game, like a void particle that a boss might shoot at you or something.  But there it is, in the sky.... and it's huge looking.  And it's moving!  The fringe around it is waving, like angel wings or something.

I've seen lots of photographs..... holy crap, they get it so wrong.  I guess it just can't be photographed.  And even if the visual aspect could be captured, the feeling that it gives you is yet another matter entirely.  The feeling of not believing your naked eyes.  The world looking so dark and weird.  The chill in the air.

Yeah.... I must say, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.  And it was over so fast....

So, fly to Argentina in 2021.... whatever it takes, man!

Oh, and I forgot the one other thing on my list:

5.  Disneyland   (not world, land)

#9 2019-05-10 14:52:06

fragilityh14

yeah my mom is actually from Madras, OR, so most of my family was down there for the eclipse. My brother flew home from Ireland. Where we live was still like 95% eclipse but it was kind of disappointing, as it didn't go entirely dark as i thought it would. It was weird for sure though.

I actually hate disneyland and I was a kid when i went, but my wife and her mom love it, so that's more of a girls trip they can do.  Plus that way my mother in law pays for it and i don't have to go wink

Listen to your mom!

#10 2019-05-11 00:04:37

Spockulon

fragilityh14 wrote:

yeah my mom is actually from Madras, OR, so most of my family was down there for the eclipse. My brother flew home from Ireland. Where we live was still like 95% eclipse but it was kind of disappointing, as it didn't go entirely dark as i thought it would. It was weird for sure though.

I actually hate disneyland and I was a kid when i went, but my wife and her mom love it, so that's more of a girls trip they can do.  Plus that way my mother in law pays for it and i don't have to go wink

Beaverton, OR reporting here, sir! The eclipse really was spectacular. I'm glad you saw a partial at least and it sounds like Jason enjoyed his trip to see it. I was really lucky with timing, because I relocated here in 2016.

Best luck and blessings to you and the family, frag. I second whoever on here recommended Hope as a name LOL

If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean (the village, that is)!

Board footer