1. Economic Gain
2. Territorial Gain
3. Religion
4. Nationalism
5. Revenge
6. Civil War
7. Revolutionary War
8. Defensive War

I''ll try to expand the ones more relevant to OHOL.

1. Often wars are caused by one country's wish to take control of another country's wealth. Whatever the other reasons for a war may be, there is almost always an economic motive underlying most conflicts, even if the stated aim of the war is presented to the public as something more noble.

There needs to be something valuable that each country holds. This could just be there axes and shovels or iron but the problem is that rather then going to war for some iron or food people would rather produce their own. More resource scarcity and bringing towns closer would solve that, or adding an exclusive items that a civilisation can capture.

2. A country might decide that it needs more land, either for living space, agricultural use, or other purposes. Territory can also be used as “buffer zones” between two hostile enemies.

There needs to be something done about this, there needs to be some territory that will aid a town when captured. This could be achieved by constricting the map so towns can't just build off into any direction not caring about space restrictions. There is not much else that can make territorial gain a reasonable reason for wars.

4. Nationalism in this context essentially means attempting to prove that your country is superior to another by violent subjugation. This often takes the form of an invasion.

This is the whole making you care type of scenario, players need to believe that the survival of their family is of upmost importance. They need to fend off these other threats and feel like their family matters more. I don't know how we can achieve this because one thing that comes to my mind is that you can only spawn into 1 family..... but that destroys the fun (more then griefers do)

6. These generally take place when there is sharp internal disagreement within a country. The disagreement can be about who rules, how the country should be run or the people's rights. These internal rifts often turn into chasms that result in violent conflict between two or more opposing groups.

This is interesting what if two or more different groups formed and had war within their family. This is here because Jason said that he will make a sword for attacking other enemies, but this could be interesting. The town creates 2 different groups they kill and chase each other off and then another family seizes the chance and takes over the town.

Now these are real life examples, i don't know if they will be used for war in a game.

#2 2019-05-09 10:06:33

voy178

Re: The main reasons for war........

The only thing I can think of that is worth fighting about would be water given how each well could be considered a form of territory.

#3 2019-05-09 10:14:32

Toxic
Banned

voy178 wrote:

The only thing I can think of that is worth fighting about would be water given how each well could be considered a form of territory.

Yea the water could cause conflicts but that will only happen if eves spawn closer and the springs are spread more further apart and area ban needs to be changed. This would mean changing a lot but it could work. Imagine if there were only 4 water springs in a 1000 tile radius or something idk.

#4 2019-05-09 11:06:19

jinbaili83

To make war happen we need leaders who play on diferent scope level like Civilisation and not Farmville. Why would berry farmer abandon his crops and go somewhere to fight other berry farmers ?

#5 2019-05-09 22:11:09

Bob 101

voy178 wrote:

Yeah but at the same time, Once you get advanced pump then it's infinite water.

Oil is a the cause of many wars in real life, Make oil finite similer to water.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-05-09 22:19:22)

#6 2019-05-10 00:04:38

DaTrüf!

griefer

>Me: *writes detailed post on pit bull griefing and details how to prevent it*
>Community: GRIEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 2019-05-10 04:14:16

Bob 101

DaTrüf! wrote:

griefer

Griefer

We all grief though, Some just don't admit it or realize they do.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-05-10 04:14:59)

Board footer