One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-06 14:12:14

Bob 101

Should springs be useable straight away?

Just keep ponds for goose and as non renewable water sources.

It is annoying trying to find lots of ponds AND spring AND other ideal biomes in the same spots.

#2 2019-05-06 14:56:15

Booklat1

Re: Should springs be useable straight away?

You can rush shovels tbh. You can only farm after kiln so just one rabbit and 3 iron later you can fire a forge too.
Ideally this is where an eve has one good kid to help get iron or rabbits.

Skipping farming was viable before (not always optimal) so maybe it still is

#3 2019-05-06 15:00:16

Thaulos

imo springs should be usable right away just like ponds. Right now it's a mess having to make a temporary farm area and then move it to another location. It still forces players to settle on ponds first which kind of defeats the purpose.

Exhaust rate on deep wells also way too large. I barely filled a cistern before I had to rush engines.

#4 2019-05-06 19:53:29

jasonrohrer
Administrator

There will be some adjustment here, for sure.

I don't hate the idea of a village needing to move early on.  It's a mess.  A mess is good.  It turns a "just do this one thing in one spot forever" into a messy trans-generational project with key decision points along the way, and a need for leadership.  A player can't "move the village" unilaterally.  They need to talk about it, and convince others, etc.

Like when the Rats of NIMH decided to leave the Rose Bush.... there was a little bit of disagreement about that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIBbT6uwZI

Board footer