One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-03 20:31:25

ClownBaby

February 2018 Server is up!

I worked with Jason to set up the time machine server running v59 of One Hour One Life. 

The clients to connect are located here:
Windows
Linux
Mac

I tested the Windows client and it works well, Linux should be good to go also.

For Mac you need to change the /settings/reflectorURL.ini file to

http://timemachine.onehouronelife.com/reflector/server.php

The next step is copying over your settings/email.ini and settings/accountKey.ini files over from your main OHOL installation into this client. 
You should then be able to login, do a quick update up to v59, then be able to join. 

If you are using Steam, you can locate your installation location by:
Right Clicking One Hour One Life in the steam browser -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files

Please let me know if you have any issues with these instructions.

I will be play-testing it for the next few hours, come and join!

Last edited by ClownBaby (2019-05-03 20:32:21)

#2 2019-05-03 22:13:09

Tarr
Banned

Re: February 2018 Server is up!

Was quite a nice change of pace to just be able to chill and farm.

Completely forgot composting was 1:1 this early in the games lifespan. This means that if you want to make more soil you need to hunt down wild wheat or you'll never get a net gain.

Thankfully since it was just us two I didn't have to worry about the berries getting ripped up (not that they're useful unless baking.) Carrot farming took just as long as I remembered which shows why towns were so fragile to someone eating the seed row.

Knowing everything from so many hours of playing sort of ruins the true vanilla experience as you basically can do everything in two to three generations besides making large buildings and what not.

Vanilla also suffers from a lot of traps if you don't know any better but in return knowing everything basically makes the game a much more chilled experience. Overall, it makes for a fun little experience even if it doesn't have all the frills and whistles of the main game.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2019-05-03 22:15:59

ClownBaby

Re: February 2018 Server is up!

Our town is just north of spawn, the tech tree is still very similar with a few small changes.  We worked through most of it, so I could change the default spawn location if someone else wants to start from scratch.

Last edited by ClownBaby (2019-05-03 22:20:42)

Board footer