One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-28 02:50:36

TofuInjection

Killed for the first time, was cursed for the first time. Was I wrong?

Hey folks, relatively new player here (compared to some of you guys anyway, got about 60 hours), wanted your opinion on something:

A little while ago there were two toddlers round hanging around the nursery spamming the word "fag".  I show them my knife and say stop.  They do not stop, I don't know if they were ignoring me or just didn't notice.  I stab one.  He asks why, the scene draws a crowd.  I say I don't like people who say fag.  "Is Joke" he says.  "Bad joke" I reply.  Crowd seems split on agreeing with me and thinking I'm the troll.  I explain my actions and one person says I should stab the other kid too.  He's still mouthing off so I do.  He says "nigger" right before he dies so I reckon I made the right call.  But then the mother curses me and starts warning people about me, and a few others seem wary of my actions.

I'm pretty comfortable with how I handled it, but I'm bummed out recieving my first curse over it.  I certainly don't want to play with trolls, and honestly, if the situation repeats itself I think I'll probably kill again.  I also don't want to end up stuck playing alone for however long because of curses.  Is there any other way to deal with shit like that?  Cursing them seems liable to get me cursed right back, and of course they were twins, and I can only curse once.

Seems like a tough situation, not a lot of great answers.  What do you guys think?

#2 2019-04-28 02:56:07

DestinyCall

Re: Killed for the first time, was cursed for the first time. Was I wrong?

Any time you use murder to solve a problem, there is a risk of getting cursed.   As long as you don't make a habit of stabbing babies in the middle of town, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That being said, evil twins are rarely a good thing.  You probably made the right call.

#3 2019-04-28 03:01:52

Tarr
Banned

You're absolutely right to stab those types of people on the spot. They're generally just looking for someone to stab them for drama or to annoy the people around them. Their mother is the absolute second worst type of player in the community. People who protect griefers and trolls because arr-pee relatedness are also idiots not because they want to roleplay but because they'd rather keep those people around than to have proper players like yourself send them away.

Basically if you meet someone "roleplaying" racism or sexism you should absolutely stab them on the spot so they can go be a pest elsewhere.

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2019-04-28 03:05:26

Booklat1

no u did wrong, should bow them instead, less chance they'll be healed

it happens mate, you did good

#5 2019-04-28 03:23:35

DestinyCall

Booklat1 wrote:

no u did wrong, should bow them instead, less chance they'll be healed

it happens mate, you did good

Good call, Booklat.   

You know what they say ... An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

#6 2019-04-28 03:35:57

TofuInjection

Hah, well all I had at the time was my knife in my BP (was shepherding).

Thanks for the reassurances; I don't like killing and all the drama it creates, so I felt I was put in an awkward situation.

#7 2019-04-28 03:53:06

futurebird

Right, though, I alway tell people before I kill. "should I kill him" get one yes and go for it.

You wanna have back up because people curse whoever is the murderer without listening, and they may not trust you.

I also like to ask them to stop twice. If they do I let it go. If they don't... well...

seems like there are a lot of racist, bigoted people cropping up today. I had one woman who was saying the n-word over and over and over same excuse "its a joke"

another woman was killing all the white babies. I mean she tried to take me off to starve. (I'm not even white irl, but that fake reverse racism nonsense really ticks me off. ) I chased her out of town with a bow till she starved. I also cursed her.

This could all be the same person. Esp. since the "it's a joke" thing was exactly what she said to me too.

Last edited by futurebird (2019-04-28 03:55:42)

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#8 2019-04-28 07:46:31

CatX

My impression is that people who say racist things get killed, and people are fine with it.

#9 2019-04-29 02:04:20

cupcakefrosting

Tofu. I was there when this happened.  I was actually one of your kids at the time. You did the right thing and I'm sorry you were cursed for it. I didn't see that happen but I now that there were several of us who agreed with your action. They were for sure there just to stir up trouble and interrupt the game for everyone else.

#10 2019-04-29 09:42:43

coriander

We must've met the same twins. Same situation for me. Twin boys saying 'fag'. The nurses decided to stop feeding them for bad behavior, but some bystander took pity and started feeding anyway. I stabbed one twin and the other started bitching so I killed him too. Then some busybody came over, told me I was 'causing too much violence' and stabbed me.

No regrets though. Keep doing what you're doing.

Board footer