One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-24 19:15:58

theraccoonbear

Tech Tree Visualizer

A friend started playing and was frustrated with trying to learn the different crafting recipes and steps (even with the wiki, which can be challenging to navigate) so I've been working on a tech tree visualizer.  It is by no means complete or perfect, but it gives an easily explored overview of some of beginning steps (basic tools, carrot farming, rabbit harvesting, clothing production, etc).  I'll keep adding to it over time, as I'm able.  It is slow to load, but once it's loaded, it's pretty snappy (at least on my desktop computer).  I'd be interested to hear any constructive feedback.

Key and Usage:

Blue Arrows - primary crafting input.  this is typically the thing you're holding.
Green Arrows - secondary crafting input.  this is typically the thing you're working with (striking, taking, etc).
Purple Arrows - alternate input.  this is an item that can be substituted for a primary input (a blue arrow).
Red Arrows - primary crafting output.  this is typically the thing you were wanting.
Orange Arrows - secondary crafting output.  sometimes this is an unimportant artifact, other times it may be an item you also want.
Yellow Arrows - provider output. this is something you can draw from subsequently.

To figure out how to craft an item find it in the tech tree (I know, that needs to be easier).  Follow the red arrow leading to it.  The arrow will be coming from a blue bubble that describes the crafting step to yield that item.  If you do not know how to attain the input items needed to craft the item, this blue bubble will have blue, green, and sometimes purple arrows pointing to it. These are the constituent inputs.  Follow these back (going back to the step with the red arrow) to work your way up the tech tree to a place you're familiar with.

Anyway, here's my Tech Tree Visualizer

#2 2018-03-24 19:29:39

Thexus

Re: Tech Tree Visualizer

it wobbles, i love it

Discord: Translators' Server, Thexus#3774
Working again on translations, oof

#3 2018-03-24 19:29:51

ryanb
Website

Have you seen this crafting reference? It contains a tech tree for each object, for example here's one for fire.

One Hour One Life Crafting Reference
https://onetech.info/

#4 2018-03-24 19:31:12

theraccoonbear

oh, nice! I had not seen that one ryanb.  I think I like it better than mine, haha!

#5 2018-03-24 19:32:16

Thexus

it's missing the whole metallurgy and a lot of connections tho

Discord: Translators' Server, Thexus#3774
Working again on translations, oof

#6 2018-03-24 19:37:56

Babsy

Sorry I don't like it. It's confusing to me sad

#7 2018-03-24 19:39:22

theraccoonbear

Thanks for checking it out Thexus.  It is a limited starter set of crafting for now.  I'm adding things as I get to it (just started it last night).  adobe, kilns, and metallurgy are probably the next things I'll add.  Maybe wolves/wolksin caps.  It's a work in progress.

#8 2018-03-24 19:41:09

theraccoonbear

@Babsy anything that you'd find helpful?  Do the directions in terms of arrows/colors make sense?

I'm still working on it and one thing I just did (not yet published) was hiding the "bare hand" and "time" inputs which were adding a lot of noise and unnecessary links.  I'll keep updating it as I add things and fine tune the interface.

Thanks for checking it out!

#9 2018-03-25 06:17:13

yvanhooe

Ugh... It is pretty but unusable. Can't search, can't visualize the relations of a single item, can't visualize a path...

This kind of guide needs to easily answer two kind of questions : "How can I get item X?" showing the whole path to get there, and "What is item Y useful for?". This guide makes it hard to answer the second question and almost impossible to answer the first one.

#10 2018-03-29 19:37:01

Vescator

This is also a crafting tree generator.
http://mc.edmi.nl:1340/onelife2/routes/
example of a hatchet
http://mc.edmi.nl:1340/onelife2/routes/ … bjectid=71

Last edited by Vescator (2018-03-29 19:37:33)

Board footer