One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-27 19:23:43

Aname

Make knifes for everyone.

I make knifes most of the time if i cant see someone with a knife. and if i make a knife for myself im Always making more knifes for people who are trustworthy.

how more weapons there are how more people can defend against griefers. because most of the people are just normal players.
there is just sometimes one maniac running around killing innocent people. but if most of the town have knifes the griefer cant stand a chance against all those peoples.

its just an idea.

And if you make many knifes u have to give farmers and breed mothers first because they are mostly standing still. then u give knives to the pie maker and then to trustworthy and hardworking people.

you can give babys knifes but that can be risky because there is more chance that a baby turns out to be a griefer then a hardworking person.

So in short.

First you give knife to Farmers
Second knife too Breed mother
Third Knife to Pie Maker
fourth and more to Hardworking-Trustworthy people
And Last maybe babies but thats risky

Last edited by Aname (2018-03-27 20:23:10)

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#2 2018-03-27 19:51:45

Goliath

Re: Make knifes for everyone.

I agree with this idea, it seems safer to have everyone outfitted with knives since they are relatively easy to produce in a medium size city.

Last edited by Goliath (2018-03-27 19:51:56)

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

#3 2018-03-27 19:58:25

Baker

We gotta try it, completely removing weapons from towns isn't working. That system fails as soon as someone makes a weapon, any griefer can just kill everyone and no one can do shit.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#4 2018-03-27 20:03:25

Aname

But i think for small town the best option is to hide all weapons because in small towns there arent enough supplies to really make weapons yet to arm everyone.

And only give knifes to players who are doing something like the guy who bake pies or the guy who is the main farmer. etc
u can give knifes to the breeding mom and she can kill kids if there is almost an overpopulation.

If i am making many knifes i Always give the main farmer a knife first because farmers are mostly target number one. then you give knife to the breed mother because she is a big target for griefers too. (because breed mother stands still and farmer too)

then you give knives to pie maker. and then u look if there are more hardworking or trustworthy people who you can make knives for.

but Always give a knifes to the farmers and breed mother because those are most of the time standing still. and then u give a knife to the pie maker and trustworthy and hardworking people. and maybe kids but if you give knife to kid there is a bigger chance that he turns out to be a griefer.

Last edited by Aname (2018-03-27 20:13:08)

#5 2018-03-27 20:09:03

Papiertig0r

how political big_smile

Bob Greathouse

#6 2018-03-27 22:40:47

lordoftherink

probably a good move for a small town, or even just having a few knives around each work area so that if a griefer shows up you can deal with them even if they take one of the knives.  When towns get big enough though there will probably have to be dedicated guards who are allowed to be armed, and no one else.  Otherwise too much time will be spent by workers messing with weapons rather than their jobs.

#7 2018-03-27 22:54:34

Eannatum

Yeah. this whole issues kinda mirrors the gun violence in america. Do we ban knives or do we give everybody knives? THe biggest difference is that this is just a video game, so killing a griefer isn't as bad as killing a mentally unstable kid.

I tell my children, "suck ma mammal juice". Then they do and I get cornūy

#8 2018-03-28 06:46:08

Goliath

I agree with the concept of giving protection to people bettering then community, not just anyone. Since its a crafting game and alot of people are still learning the ins and outs.

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

#9 2018-03-28 09:50:23

masamune0

I tried this idea, was becoming a knife lover and made 3+ knives in cities and put them on floor, so anyone can take it. I was simply thinking that the griefer won't be the only one having weapons. It seemed that the number of griefers will increase a lot more when it happens and murders become much more common (maybe coincidences, maybe not..? I did it like 4/5 times).

So I stopped doing it.

#10 2018-03-28 10:24:55

Erudaru

I'd just like to point out that it's not like the gun debate! Gun debate is about who should by law be allowed to own a gun. With knifes that doesn't work.

A gun has to be bought (or stolen). A knife (or bow and arrow) can be made by anyone.

#11 2018-03-28 16:26:51

Aname

masamune0 wrote:

I tried this idea, was becoming a knife lover and made 3+ knives in cities and put them on floor, so anyone can take it. I was simply thinking that the griefer won't be the only one having weapons. It seemed that the number of griefers will increase a lot more when it happens and murders become much more common (maybe coincidences, maybe not..? I did it like 4/5 times).

So I stopped doing it.

yea but you dont need to put it on the floor you have to give it to an trustworthy person
because if you drop them all on the ground and the griefer has a backpack he is going to pick all the knives. so noone can pick up another knife

Last edited by Aname (2018-03-28 16:28:05)

#12 2018-03-28 21:21:11

Yogotronik

I like this idea a lot, I think the main incentive of killers is the prospect of easy targets.

Armed villages can not only deter killers, but maybe even assist smaller villages from attackers.

#13 2018-03-28 22:59:06

Lexyvil

I do like that idea. Most of the people I meet in a town that has only a knife or two tend to use it for anything 'but' killing.

When the number of knives increase and when there is a person who goes on a killing spree, it would be easier to just get rid of a killer like that if everyone were to draw their weapons.

Thankfully, in my 30-ish hours of playing the game, I've only had about two or three good lives where I have actually been killed by a player.

Last edited by Lexyvil (2018-03-28 23:02:44)

#14 2018-03-29 14:56:13

Aname

I had a life recently where i made 5 knives and there was a guy with a bow trying to attack people i and 2 other guys who had knives where chasing him away 3 minutes later he came back and then he tried to kill a little girl but The main farmer who i gave a knife killed him.

So i think if you make knives for trustworthy people and main farmers prob will work.

Board footer