One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-21 13:45:02

Eve Bear

Possible disconn bug?

Hi! A guy in my game last night complained they disconnected each time someone died. I thought it strange but a problem isolated to him.
But just now watching Twisted's most recent OHOL video, he kept disconnecting and though I did not witness anyone dying on screen, perhaps they were dying off screen? For an example in his vid, go to 36:00 timestamp.
So I'm putting two and two together and thinking that there may be a problem with people d/c upon others dying in game.
Is that a thing? Just throwing it out in case other people search after having same problem and can discuss here.
Hope that helps!

==============
My Eve name is normally Sugar & I love my babies, all of them!

#2 2019-04-21 21:14:18

Welcius

Re: Possible disconn bug?

Happens to me as well, I've played the game for a few weeks and I have only been receiving these disconnections between yesterday and today. They happen every 20-30 min and you have to reconnect to the game like, 4-5 times between you can enter again. Found out it affects to multiple players at the same time, because I was playing a game with a friend that lives in the same country in twin mode and we both got the disconnections at the same time. I also asked in the Discord server if someone has been having this problems and looks likes so.

#3 2019-04-21 21:19:22

Twisted

This was almost definitely an issue on my end, I restarted my router and replugged my ethernet cable and the issue went away immediately.

#4 2019-04-21 21:25:57

futurebird

I had the same issue, earlier today.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#5 2019-04-21 22:28:50

honikker

I've had this happen recently, too. Last night I disconnected several times in quick succession--I'd be back to the game and it would disconnect me again and then I'd reconnect and be back in the game for a few seconds before being disconnected again and so on until it finally stopped being a weenie. I've also had to log into the tutorial before being born into the game, otherwise it says I can't log in.

I've watched several people die on screen without issue, though, so I dunno if what I'm experiencing is related.

I'm one of those spoopy roleplayers your mothers warn you about before they tuck you in at night.

#6 2019-04-21 23:28:16

Eve Bear

@jasonrohrer
Was watching Phbee's (not sure if that's spelled right) stream and many times when someone died on her screen, she would disconnect.

Hope it gets fixed for you guys soon! :-(

==============
My Eve name is normally Sugar & I love my babies, all of them!

#7 2019-04-22 21:06:15

happynova

It's happened to me several times, too.  I'd have assumed it's just my sometimes flaky internet, except that it's exactly the same kind of pattern of disconnects others are reporting, and not one I'd ever seen before.

Board footer