One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-22 02:34:45

voy178

Sally familly estate and other great experiences with properties

I love properties. I love it more when people do something nifty with it.

I've had a few great lives recently.

1. In the Honor family as Bow. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4177491
Twisted, as Kevin Honor, wedded me with Bebe and gave us his property which we utilised and laid floors in. The wedding and more can be seen in his video. Bebe had a tendency to overfeed without asking, but otherwise a great wife.
https://youtu.be/4b0baMgQosA?t=3700

2. In the Ray family, I was Zona Ray. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4196424
I was born into a family with their own little property and we really cooperated with each other and made good connections. It was really nice. I married Shawn, a distant cousin, that stuck around. I ended up becoming the Matriarch after my mother died and I had inherited another property so my nieces and I appropriated the new property. We were rich with a lot of food and tools we had made as well as a lot of rope. And as such, we got a bit haughty with the commoners. I yelled at bypasser to get off my lawn and shooed some unwanted visitors. As a rich lady I started to mingle with the other old lady neighbours and invited them for dinner parties and fresh mimosas, we laughed wealthily and said our shares of Ta-Ta and darling before I died.

3. In the Sally family, I was Velma Sally. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4197080
Omg, this life was so much fun. I was given a red dress set when I was born by my grandmother which meant I was lady Velma from the getgo. My mother Tori was landless, so my siblings Fouad, Smaran, Zora and I decided to build our own little house on the prairie for our family as soon as we could grab stuff. Sebastian, my second cousin, joined us early and to make him an official member of the family I married him, by that time we were already feasting on enough bread to sustain us for life. Sebastian also brought us a little bonsai tree to decorate our little house and brought enough plates from his generous uncle.

I had three children of note, Hilda and Bliss were exemplary and very up with the idea of the close family, but then there was teenage Price who didn't enjoy the fact that we were rich out of our own hard labour (there is always that one rich kid that rebels against their parents). He accused us of stealing and tried to kill me so my hubby Sebastian had to end his life.

We didn't steal all of what we owned and we didn't keep community tools away from the rest. Anything my children and siblings would bring that was too much I insisted they should take it back given that having a lot of wealth is worthless unless there is a lower class to observe it and they need food and tools to survive. We made bread, pies and a little garden for the future. Being the great philanthropists we were, we also aided the community farm.

We almost finished the little 3x3 house on the prairie and had only one side left undone by the time I was 60. Sadly the line got cut short, but I had instructed my grandson Allie to marry and I hope the little house on the prairie survive to this day.

BmLZ0Jj.jpg

4. My last life of note was in the Hyon family, as Lara Hyon. http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4197572
From humble origins, I got to witness the scandalous life of my uncles and great uncles who served as some sort of security force in town. I got hands on their property as well and moved in. My son Laughlin was abducted at birth right in front of my eyes by a distant cousin who claimed he was a milkweed dealer. He locked my son into his little demesne but had missed one little hole in the wall. I rescued my child and got my uncle Xander to deal justice with the kidnapper who confessed to the crime. Safe to say we took over his property after his passing and I invited my surviving sisters to join me. Sadly disconnection issues killed a large part of my family.

All in all, properties is a lot of fun and people do make families more likely to stick together like small eve settlements. Not all build houses, but at least they fence in the family demesne. Although, not much is made in the community town it doesn't hurt it if it's already developed. As long as we, as property owners, do not hoard or steal, it does not hurt anyone.

#2 2019-04-22 03:06:16

happynova

Re: Sally familly estate and other great experiences with properties

Glad you had good experiences with it.  Mine have been pretty terrible so far.  Especially the town I was in where everybody had their own walled enclosures.   One or two groups had bogarted pretty much all the good stuff in town.   There were few tools and no milkweed for the rest of us. There were communal areas, but  nobody was tending the communal berry field or making food or compost.  Well, nobody but me, just about, but it's kind of hard to bake pies when you don't even have a hatchet to chop kindling, or any way to make one.  (There wasn't much around in the way of natural resources.  I died scouring the wilderness for milkweed and not finding any.)  It was sad.  Incredibly depressing, even.  If that's the future of the game, I'm out.  I don't play to feel awful about a game experience for an hour, and then awful about the nature of humanity for the rest of the day.  Sigh.

The best experience I had with fences was in an underpopulated town where someone had fenced off and claimed a huge area at one end of town, including one of the town's wells, and stashed a bunch of useful stuff in there so nobody else could use it.  The good thing about it was that the only other active adult in town and I were able to agree that this kind of thing sucked and left it to decay, unclaimed, after the owner died.  By the time I died it was mostly gone, and good riddance.

#3 2019-04-22 17:59:09

Jaona

Re: Sally familly estate and other great experiences with properties

Nice to see you had fun at grannys estate, I was your mom Elia Ray. Sadly I was too old to buy the kid that one weird stranger offered to sell to us :'p

Mofobert on discord, message me for a good time.

Board footer