One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-16 11:47:36

omlinson

Suggestion to turn Donkey Town into a reformative experience

I recently took a long plane ride.  I used the runServer function to play locally with AWBZ to play on the airplaine.

The nice thing was lowering my the age to respawn near my death to 0.

It showed me the truth worth of iron, the true worth of a pen, etc. I had to build them myself. It never seemed to really important to do more than gather surface on big server... 

Playing as an infinite chain, shows how one life sets up the next and has given me a new respect for the amount of time that goes into building any form of society in this game.

I think griefers in Donkey Town would learn more if their DT experience allowed them to build over multiple generations. They might be less likely to grief in the future after actually learning the joys of building their own solo town. DTowners not needing to redoing the whole move to clay might reduce griefing in the future as I can understand how boring that could be. Being bored in Donkey Town should be about missing others, not having to grind for an hour and building resentment over the ones who sent you there. 

I'll be playing offline until I build a diesel water pump (as I think more towns should have them vs cars & airplanes). As it's so much easier to learn and be tidy when you are alone.

FunFact: Learning to use LifeLog is useful!

Last edited by omlinson (2019-04-16 12:28:03)

Board footer