One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-08 19:40:41

futurebird

Immigration, Rubber City

I was born in the wilderness and had to chase my mom because she was pretending not to see me, but I guess she felt guilty. She picked me up and told me "want me to take you to the town?" since she didn't seem to be that in to being a mom I said "yes" and she took me to a mid-sized village. It didn't have a pump but didn't need one not big enough. Charming bakery just the right size and very tidy, yet empty.

Then my mom says "I am Long" and names me Long too. She was an Eve! How strange. Maybe she was journeying to the bell town and found the little town I'll call "the suburb"

I grew up by the time we got to the suburb and noticed there were several carts with rubber tires, not a rubber tree nearby. Where did they come from? I got to work on making the smith a bit nicer and soon a young man comes up to me on a horse cart "come to the big town in the west!" he urged but I had traveled enough. I wanted to work in the tidy town and the last big city I was in was over-run with poo.

So, I told him thanks but no thanks but I'd let my kids know about it. I had some kids and one girl went to the town with that guy he just kept poaching people from our town and asked me over and over! He was nice though, he brought us fancy clothing and told us there was more in the town. The other family that was in the suburb left and soon it was only me.

I thought I'd have no kids and just work there in quiet but then I had a son. So, at last my son, who was born when I was 39 and hand fed said "mom we should go!" I didn't want him to be bored. So, I let my dreams of making the smithy nice go and went with him and the kind man on the horse to the place I'll call "Rubber City" this was no doubt the origin of the carts! They had so many buckets and a perfect biome set up to make rubber, lots of close trees and sulfur pools. My son and I completed a few tires ourselves.

I thought it was neat since it was the closest to a town with a specialization that I'd seen. And it was a big city but not big and gross. My daughter thrived there as did my son. I told the man on the horse I was happy that I came with him.

So, my mom, an Eve, got her girl to a good place and I got my kids to an even better one even though I was not certain about it at first. One of the more happy lives I can remember.

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4041994

Last edited by futurebird (2019-04-08 19:54:01)

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

Board footer