One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-08 14:34:50

voy178

Dry dung as fuel

So in the current dung apocalypse, we can't seem to find enough uses for the dung produced as a byproduct of the clothing production.

I propose to you the ever-present and historical use for animal manure, dry dung fuel.

Dung, once dry, would be an excellent source of "kindling". The only thing that would be bad is the smell, but we don't care about that in a society where we use soil and food with the same bowl.

Side-note, why not make bison produce "Bison chips" for an early source of fuel for your eve camps? Make prairie civilisations a thing.

#2 2019-04-08 14:48:08

Grim_Arbiter

Re: Dry dung as fuel

+10000

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2019-04-08 14:50:47

Booklat1

i think it would cause more problems than fix, cheap fuel is kind of a problem and kindling is already cheap.

its a fun idea, but breaks balance even more

Last edited by Booklat1 (2019-04-08 14:51:22)

#4 2019-04-08 16:19:36

Redram

Booklat1 wrote:

No more than the overabundance of mutton was really.  Dung can only be considered 'free' when it's a byproduct of other things people want more.  it's technically far from free.  This sort of imbalance is bound to happen when you have one creature producing three resources via a single pathway.  It even happens with rabbits, whose fur is more valuable than the meat, so you end up with piles of rabbit corpses.  And rabbits only produce 2 resources. 

With sheep, honestly Jason should just remove mutton from them entirely, and make pork pies a thing.  Then maybe have 2 different feeds for sheep, one of which makes dung, and one of which makes fleece.  Give players control over what they produce, and have better control over the game balance.

Last edited by Redram (2019-04-08 16:24:05)

#5 2019-04-08 16:30:36

Booklat1

Redram wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:

No more than the overabundance of mutton was really.  Dung can only be considered 'free' when it's a byproduct of other things people want more.  it's technically far from free.  This sort of imbalance is bound to happen when you have one creature producing three resources via a single pathway.  It even happens with rabbits, whose fur is more valuable than the meat, so you end up with piles of rabbit corpses.  And rabbits only produce 2 resources. 

With sheep, honestly Jason should just remove mutton from them entirely, and make pork pies a thing.  Then maybe have 2 different feeds for sheep, one of which makes dung, and one of which makes fleece.  Give players control over what they produce, and have better control over the game balance.

your conclusion is right but for a solution for ALL of these would be better if it was pigs that pooped. Mutton isn't great if you dont also produce byproduct dough. pigs pooping would also mean that both animals are necessary.

#6 2019-04-08 16:42:44

Redram

Ya true, I guess that way you only need one food type for each, since they'd each have one product that doesn't require them to be killed, and one that does.  Which gives players the control they'd need.

#7 2019-04-08 17:03:44

Booklat1

Redram wrote:

Ya true, I guess that way you only need one food type for each, since they'd each have one product that doesn't require them to be killed, and one that does.  Which gives players the control they'd need.

also relevant for balancing sheep
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5900

Board footer