One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-04 22:30:09

Booklat1

What property do you find indispensable?

What items do you try to get for yourself every life? Do you care to restrict your workspace as well? What do you do to get something you want?

#2 2019-04-04 23:06:19

futurebird

Re: What property do you find indispensable?

Really depends on what I'm doing. I would say a backpack, but if I'm working in town it's not really that important. If I'm going out of town a backpack and a triangle stone.

If I want to do anything outside of town and there aren't many pack around I spend some time trapping until I've made 2 or 3 packs one for myself and two others. If I can make a cart I may go a bit further.

When something I'm using goes wandering I take it as a sign there aren't enough of that item in town and make a trip to gather more. A basket of round stones, a more rabbit fur, more needles and thread, more milkweed seem to be the big ones.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-04-04 23:24:26

BlueDiamondAvatar

I love carts!

When someone takes my cart, that means the village need more carts to operate efficiently. I'm probably one of the few people who knows how to make one.  So I go make another cart.

Often times, the town has all the tools for carts, but has lost them or never made one.  So I'll start setting up a workspace for cart building when I'm eight or ten, so that there will be one ready for me by the time i'm twelve to fifteen.   

There have been many, many times when I've made the boards, made the wooden disks, hauled in the long shaft, and put together the flint-tipped bow drill, and am waiting on the local milkweed farm to give me a rope.  If I get distracted at this point (say by having a baby), the parts will be gone, and I'll spot someone hauling a cart around.  But since I've already gathered the tools in one place, it's usually pretty easy to put another one together.  As long as there is enough milkweed.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#4 2019-04-04 23:32:38

Grim_Arbiter

Fruitboots, but I'm a weirdo. If I dont have access to a knife I'm not going to go make one to get them, but if I have the knife then all the snakes are now footwear.

The real answer though is a comrade. I have had many lives where I have made a friend and we kick ass with all the village needs together. Also lives where we probably goofed a bit much, but never really hurt anyone else. I know I could always twin with someone on the discord, but finding that one time random unplanned connection that usually only lasts 20 or 30 mins is actually very satisfying.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#5 2019-04-04 23:32:40

Averest

Sharp stone. Every life. Every time.
- Compost, burdock,  carrots, pies, reeds, wheat, arrowheads, LSS, curved branches, Yew branch.

#6 2019-04-04 23:48:56

Spockulon

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

Fruitboots, but I'm a weirdo. If I dont have access to a knife I'm not going to go make one to get them, but if I have the knife then all the snakes are now footwear.

I miss the original fruit boots so much. Clothing and food in a two-for-one! Have to admit the new ones are more stylish and I'll make a pair if there's an abundance of snake skin.

If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean (the village, that is)!

#7 2019-04-05 00:28:40

Matbat

A single piece of clothing (except any shoe, unless its a snake boot.(snakeboots are useful)).
Pretty much anything halves the amount of food you'll ever need.

no, if need to restrict space I do whatever it is away from people.

If I need anything I get it, unless its given to me, I find it, or earn it before I need it.

#8 2019-04-05 00:52:16

Turnipseed

Nothing.

As the game sits right now nothing is truely yours. I find something that needs to be done and do it

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#9 2019-04-05 00:55:06

Bob 101

Knife and Pack is usually priority.

After that is a full set of clothing.

#10 2019-04-05 02:05:56

futurebird

I used to like to have a knife, but it's a pain in the but looking for someone to give it to or taking it apart before you die. And I consider just falling dead with a knife on my that anyone can pick up to be one of the worst things I can do, so often I get rid of it by giving it to someone industrious doing a knife job or by taking it apart with the smith hammer and recycling the blade.

It's a little odd to me that knives don't get old or need sharpening. Hmm.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#11 2019-04-05 04:45:24

Deleted User

Depends on the gender.

As a man, I try to claim a basket or cart to do outside work. In older towns, I then gather the old loot and hand it back to women/girls when they need it.

Which brings me right to them: They need both warmth and food diversity in order to stay fertile. As a man, you can literally eat a trashton of berries and nothing would change (except consumption rate, of course). As a woman, it's an important factor whether you are selected by the spawning process or not, so it is crucial for the continuity of the entire town. So as a woman, I usually look for warm clothes (coat, loincloth, maybe a fancy straw hat because I like them) and see how the children are popping out.

#12 2019-04-05 10:46:02

breezeknight

backpack
loin cloth
sharp stone
pie (mutton, rabbit, rabbit/carrot)

if backpack is not possible, then
basket
needle
snare
if there is sheep
thread
to make my own backpack

then depending on the work i want to do
bowl
round stone
stakes
rope
snare
knife

i personally don't care AT ALL for family ties in this game
there are none since we have NO CONTROL over who is being born to us
we have not even control over WHEN kids are being born, that yum magic is a nuissance not help
i have no time spending a hunt over some food, sorry

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-04-05 10:48:50)

Board footer