One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-04 21:00:47

Mushroom

Why there shouldn't be a war.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the idea of fighting for your family/village. I also like to imagine how battles would look in OHOL.

But there is one major problem in the current state of the game mechanics that would make wars really bad - the cursing system.
Come on... image a war breaking between two villages. One village decides to curse some of the enemy folks (because why not? they are our enemies) - then they get sent to donkey town... right. This would probably destroy any fun and only cause frustration.

If Jason wants wars in his game he doesn't only have to make people care about their families more, but he also has to change that system IMO.

Dickbutt

#2 2019-04-04 22:17:30

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Why there shouldn't be a war.

Yes, I kinda see the cursing system as a stop-gap.

Maybe it won't be needed at all anymore if we have sane limited property access.

#3 2019-04-04 23:40:53

antking:]#

that could be problem but if two cities are fighting your goal is to hinder the city as much as possible, I think if every one understood that they were in war then the cursing would just be a normal weapon… and people will have an even better reason to elimintate the enemy to stop them from learning your town's name

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#4 2019-04-05 02:03:09

futurebird

But, property isn't the main cause of curses in my experience. It's murders after that family drama. I don't think having property would change the need for the system that much.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#5 2019-04-05 03:04:55

Bob 101

Numbers can protect you from curses somewhat.

One dude attacking will have every curse thrown at them. A group will only get a small fraction of curses each. Unless the town curses one unlucky soul but then other soldiers can kill them freely.

Maybe a way to declare wars, The other town will be alerted but the attackers will be immune to curses.

Last edited by Bob 101 (2019-04-05 03:10:41)

Board footer