One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-03 15:25:02

Sukallinen

Keeping stuff to next life is wrong

Say, a tattoo, chromosome, anything that identifies you as a specific player is same as making each player's name (me: sukallinen) show above his/her head. What needs to be done is figure out how to war (if that's the way game wants to go) between towns. This is NOT simulation of life, this is a simulation of civilization ! (in my head at least)

I especially enjoy you start over always from scratch, nobody knows about you and you know about nobody-by the time you are trusted (depends on town level) you have things set up and know how to play rest half of your game. I still repeat: nothing should move (no genes etc) to next game. This adds thing Jason seem to have avoided-naming people. Now he is for it. I think that is wrong direction.

Only suggestion while I've owned the game worth mentioning is "adding few very rare but valuable biomes"-that would add trade. Remember, this is a game after all, no genes or family lines are a good direction-or you can play clan wars instead ! Of course, each of those rare biomes should not give bonus alone, but need second biome together in order to gain extraordinary bonuses. Thus-trade.

S.

#2 2019-04-03 16:00:10

Thaulos

Re: Keeping stuff to next life is wrong

I seriously believe Jason and some others are jumping the gun on trying to add continuity of lifes into a single lineage/town.

Adding in some sort of family unit mechanic where your immediate family matters, not the entire town, is a better way.

Family unit ownership of items or anything they harvest for example is a good way to split towns into multiple families and create potential for conflict in communities where right now there is none.

What happens when a single family hold the monopoly on knifes/bows? Will they demand protection money? Will people revolt somehow? Will castes/nobility naturally raise from imbalances of power between family units? Will delegate some the "military" power to a select number families that will be tasks to ensuring order?

Every major drama in human history derives from conflicts between different family units. Without family based ownership we are reduced to be anarcho communist hippies instead of simulating an actual  life.

Last edited by Thaulos (2019-04-03 16:02:39)

Board footer