One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-03 00:49:03

Sukallinen

Orphan story

TL;DR orphans story

I was born, and my mother couldn't feed me once, turned too old to raise me, went to do important business no doubt. There was kind of hustle in nursery room and my F(ood) cries south went unnoticed though there were about three kids in nursery. So, my aunt (gray haired too) fed pie, took me to berry farm and fed me still doing other stuff (compost etc) until I was of age. Told her she'd be proud.

Later, when I was done with my adventuring (I saw one of my own composts still left when I was 40, I had clothed several kids, cistern stoned and such and was bringing what turned out to be my last trip to bring furs and food to behind nursery room), I saw a mother carry a (male too) kid out and close the door leaving kid outside, unable to open the door. I had forgotten my youth, but of course I dropped my trap-set, fed the kid my pies last bite (later noticed it was my nephew) and hand-raised him on the same berry farm. I gave him info about town (I think), then the hunting kit too, and away he went.

Walking around the village at 59, I happen to hear a lady saying her aunt had to raise her for mother abandoned (stopped to listen), some dude said he was about similar case, and was raised by the man. I said then "one must do what one must" meaning her mother probably had important stuff (didn't realize man was my nephew). As I said, I had forgotten I was an orphan too, the young lady was unnamed and my nephew named her for she asked-and I realized who he was for lady asked "you mean that guy". I had seen him and given my knife at my fifties to keep knife safe. He asked where I wanted to be buried, I just had time (before my 60th bday) to say "there is cemetary sw", was going to continue "but np I will get myself there and anyhow nevermind"-alas by that time my time came. Just saw lady telling she knew the place when things went dark.

I have no doubt my bones are there, and a kind words were spoken by two persons about Badi.

Good life.

Board footer