One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-26 17:31:03

TrustyWay

Suggestions on reddit are rigged

I made a suggestions nobody made, which happen to recieve upvote, but I refreshed today and many times I saw thoses suggestions went all upvote to few upvote, then it goes again. We should change reddit suggestions to here, or just jason leaving us his email. I cannot stay in a game changed by grieffers and kids upvoting ridiculous things and down voting everything only to shine

Do anybody have the jason's email ? I rather him judge my shit instead of kids who downvote because they fear to not be notice.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-03-27 02:27:58)

#2 2018-03-26 17:32:42

TrustyWay

Re: Suggestions on reddit are rigged

If you want I have screens of suggestions wenting all up to down to up to down during hours.

If it isn't rigged somebody is messing up everything.

This game is full of griefers

#3 2018-03-26 19:12:15

Uncle Gus

What was your suggestion?

#4 2018-03-26 19:31:34

TrustyWay

I will let my suggestion because it's obvious it's a must, but just try refreshing few times the reddit, somebody spams votes

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-03-26 19:31:50)

#5 2018-03-26 19:46:10

ryanb
Website

I check the reddit page pretty often and have submitted several suggestions. I haven't noticed any issues so far.

If you suspect someone has multiple accounts to upvote their suggestions and downvote others, please message the moderators with their username and evidence.

One Hour One Life Crafting Reference
https://onetech.info/

#6 2018-03-26 20:23:41

TrustyWay

Ryanb ok, but just try to change an upvote or down, he will changes it until all the votes are the same as before. But not for his subject.

Just try this is awfully obvious

PS your link doesn't work for me

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-03-26 20:24:42)

#7 2018-03-26 22:59:46

ryanb
Website

TrustyWay wrote:

Ryanb ok, but just try to change an upvote or down, he will changes it until all the votes are the same as before. But not for his subject.

Just try this is awfully obvious

PS your link doesn't work for me

The link requires you to be logged into Reddit. First login and try the link again.

I don't understand the rest of your post, who is "he" here?

#8 2018-03-26 23:09:51

mikekchar

Reddit has some pretty sophisticated voting safeguards in it.  For example, if some kind of coordinated voting appears to be happening, your account can get shadow banned (it appears to allow you to upvote or downvote, but in reality nothing happens).  I'm not saying that it's impossible to cheat, just that it's pretty difficult.  I'd like to see considerably more evidence than "My suggestion is good and it isn't voted high enough".

I couldn't find any suggestions with the name "TrustyWay", but I found several from a person named "HighWizardofTheSun" which includes a suggestion not to rig upvotes.  One thing that might need explanation is that the default view ("Hot") uses an algorithm to rank posts.  It's basically the upvotes divided by the amount of time that the suggestion has been active.  In that way, new post start off at the top and slowly fall down over time.  I wonder if this is what you (or "HighWizardofTheSun") is observing.

The total number of upvotes/downvotes is listed on the left hand side.  To sort by that, you can click "Top" just under the "OneLifeSuggestions" title and then select "past week", or whatever time frame you want from the drop down that will appear on the next page.  If you look at the "Top" suggestions for this week, you can see that HighWizardofTheSun's suggestion for "WheatHat" is highly scored and is in the top 15 suggestions.  Some of their other suggestions are near the top of the "Hot" section, but are not popular and are falling fast.  The "WheatHat" suggestion is *not* high up on the "Hot" list -- not because it has been downvoted, but because it isn't being upvoted any more.  That's just how "Hot" works.

Personally, I find reddit's UI *incredibly* confusing, so I don't blame anyone for getting confused.

Having said that, given the vocal presence of griefer protection suggestions on this forum, I was a little bit surprised that they aren't voted higher on reddit.  The one thing I've noticed by reading the suggestions and comments is that there appears to be little consensus on the correct way to improve the situation and so, while there are quite a few suggestions, none of them are being voted up.

#9 2018-03-27 02:32:16

TrustyWay

https://www.noelshack.com/2018-13-2-152 … 042713.png
https://www.noelshack.com/2018-13-2-152 … 042654.png

https://www.noelshack.com/2018-13-2-152 … 042732.png

Can I have the feeling that somebody sorts the everyone's suggestions.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-03-27 02:39:22)

#11 2018-03-27 04:58:03

Uncle Gus

Wait, so your own votes are changing from up votes to down votes? That seems suspicious. Maybe change your password.

#12 2018-03-27 05:41:41

Bob

No, they're saying look at the numbers. Reddit randomizes the number somewhat but one of those does look kinda fishy

#13 2018-03-27 10:42:01

TrustyWay

Uncle gus, I made a second account with new email and shit and the votes still fishy, I have so much screen that it isn't reddit itself changing votes, for exemple ''more transition between biomes'' with +2 Upvotes, it stays still, I downed ''steel and flint'' 2 times, still one more vote [Unstable] than ''transition''. But when I down ''transition'' it go upvote to stay still under flint and steel while it reachs higher upvotes in total, but get down vote everytime It reach the first place.

That is too obvious someone is sorting our ideas alone. If you want more evidence just tell.

Transition between biomes is an interesting idea, not even mine, but I dont like that they put it down by jaleousy.
Every suggestions against grieffers get down too, still not mine, I saw 3, 3 had 0 votes.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-03-27 10:55:13)

#14 2018-03-27 11:43:05

mikekchar

TrustyWay, I think Bob has it right: The differences in the votes are because Reddit never shows you the correct total.  The reason is to stop people from doing what you are worried about.  The idea is that if you down vote an issue and the number doesn't change, you don't know if: 1) You are shadow banned and so your vote didn't count 2) You down voted and somebody up voted at the same time 3) The vote counted, but you Reddit showed you the wrong total.

Imagine that you have 10 fake accounts and you use them to up/down vote things.  They might all get shadow banned and you won't know it -- so you keep trying to up/down vote things and don't try to make even more fake accounts.

The strange one in your batch is Transition between biomes, which seems to have *about* 5 votes.  In one case it showed zero which is quite a bit less than it actually had.  I went to look at how Reddit implements their display and it appears that something of that size *can* happen (an example they gave was that you won't know if something has 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, or 32 votes).  Apparently if there is a lot of action on a particular item they increase the amount of difference that they show -- just to make things even more difficult.  I would love to point to something official from Reddit that explains this, but unfortunately they don't have anything :-(  They are afraid that if they explain what they are doing it will help people cheat.  However, if you do a Google search for "reddit scoring", you should find a lot of information.

One last thing: don't make second accounts and play with upvoting and downvoting.  Because you probably have the same IP address and you are upvoting and downvoting the same issues, your accounts are likely to get shadow banned -- and then you won't be able to vote any more (even though you won't notice it).

#15 2018-03-27 12:27:30

TrustyWay

Well I made a second account on my pc using tor, I know reddit has some mad-keepers. I do the same on twitch I got banned for strange names. I am used to reddit but not about shadow ban. How to check I have really been shadow banned, because my votes on old things appear, my vote appears when it's on the only suggestion that go down and up randomly, strangely is appearing, but not on the others people suggestions.

Kinda strange not everybody's suggestions act the same. I really doubt it is reddit but if it is that, okay, it really feels like there was somebody

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-03-27 12:41:38)

#16 2018-03-27 15:40:50

ryanb
Website

It might also be caching. I assume reddit caches the results for performance. This means you may not see changes take place immediately.

Still, it is worth asking a mod on there if you are shadow banned.

Board footer