One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-30 23:22:44

Mushroom

How about a shift-change?

I love the new update - it made me return to the game after a few weeks. However, after you cook dozen of shrimps and make ton of fries you start to wonder... you wonder if the activities you just took help the village. I mean, why don't we just make more mutton pies?
I am pretty sure that if a village had only veterans/smart and experienced players who know the food math, the lineage could get almost immortal - but that comes with some of the rules that it should follow. One of them would be making specific foods - only ones that matter. I am talking about mutton pies (and maybe stew).

Like, shieeeeeet man, they are so op:
- they are a bypass product of composting
- they are very efficient as a food
- they are easy to make, just a few easy steps, without posibillity of failure (like burning rabbits f.e.)

Considering all this, we all come to the conclusion that the mutton pies should be nerfed. A lot.
To my mind come some of the options:
- Make them really unefficient as a food - I am thinking about taking the hunger value waaaay down (like 4-5 pips per bite) with also reducing the amount of uses (3 instead of 4 per plate)
- Make some extra steps on cooking, for example: you need to salt the meat before you can use it as a crust (that's the first thing that came to my head xD be free to make your own ideas)
- Reduce the amount of meat one butchered sheep produces

These pies are just too op. It brakes the game - we have so many different foods and still, we are stuck with these if we want to survive longer than idk, 10 gens...
I hope Jason has thought of that, either. What's the point in having potatoes in game if we aren't gonna use them?

Also, I was thinking about a good buff to pigs, connected to nerfing sheep. We have so many uses for sheep while pigs just stand there, useless. How about a crazy idea, where the pigs produce dung instead of sheep? This should also put some more use on pork (how about porkchops or jerky?), but simultaneously making it not too efficient or we hit square one, with one food kind overwhelmnin others xD

These are just some of my thoughts, what do you guys think?

Dickbutt

#2 2019-03-30 23:38:39

Glassius

Re: How about a shift-change?

Simpler. Make meat spoil fast. This Way all this meat will be wasted. In reality, when you kill animal, everybody around focus on meat to process it while it is fresh. It also resolves the problem of stacking meat. This would also create interesting clutter problem, if spoiled food would not disappear smile It would create a village cleansing service smile

#3 2019-03-30 23:56:29

Spoonwood

Yum affects fertility.  Yum also enables you to get more done, especially in old age if you keep a good yum chain going your whole life long.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2019-03-31 01:05:38

futurebird

I like things the way they are? If you are not focused on cooking (is it just a cooking game?) It's good to be able to get food sorted so you can move on to other tasks.

I'm not a big fan of the update. I mean it's not "bad" it's just not for me or my play style and every village is a mess right now, everyone is making the new foods and things fall apart when other tasks are neglected. I mean that's fine, I get it but I don't like the idea of the game forcing you to cook.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#5 2019-03-31 01:38:15

Booklat1

Mushroom wrote:

Considering all this, we all come to the conclusion that the mutton pies should be nerfed. A lot.
To my mind come some of the options:
- Make them really unefficient as a food - I am thinking about taking the hunger value waaaay down (like 4-5 pips per bite) with also reducing the amount of uses (3 instead of 4 per plate)
- Make some extra steps on cooking, for example: you need to salt the meat before you can use it as a crust (that's the first thing that came to my head xD be free to make your own ideas)
- Reduce the amount of meat one butchered sheep produces

I agree pies are OP but:

Pies were always great and will still be if nerfed because sheep and compost themselves are too good (and nerfing food values seems like sticking a band-aid to me). Jason doesnt mean to balance individual foods but i think animals need change. My problem is that solutions i quoted here dont really adress organically problems you've stated yourself.
And these are old well-known problems too like such:

All byproducts are cheap, this is valid for every food but mutton pies only cost extra water, all other costs are "free" and provided by composting
if not mutton, we can still get shrimp after sheep as a cheap AF byproduct. Also raw mutton and bread.
cooking is too easy (because ovens are cheap AF to use, we can do dozens of pies - or anything - at once)

Sheep needs a redesign, it makes no sense as the main compost animal when it also gives thread. Sheep does all and pig does nothing. Cows are lame but at least they're op too. This and decay are the better ideas

if mutton pies were 15 food they'd still be nearly free food.

Last edited by Booklat1 (2019-03-31 01:41:07)

Board footer