One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-30 12:59:07

Karrots

Griefers Getting Smarter?

Remember those innocent days, when griefers ran around with bows and knifes in their hands, begging to be killed? So long gone are those times.

Griefers are getting more clever, an example is my past life. Normal town, seems pretty empty. I'm the only child, and spoiled as all first children are. Full set of clothing.  Get to work quickly.  Soon enough, though, the baby boom begins. Clothing becomes more sparse, bushes are looking dryer. Despite this, I manage. Insert our new guests, the Triplets. I'm babysitting when I see them. Nope. I move them away from the fire and feed the other children. Triplets are having none of it. They sneak their way back in.  I want no part of feeding Triplets, they're no good. I take my child away from the babysitting center, and leave the responsibility to someone else. My child is honest, hardworking, and I manage to get them some clothes. I don't see the Triplets around, and guess they died.

Oh, only if it was that easy.

Our village is placed next to two bear dens. (See where this is going?) But we've always been prepared. We have tons of bear skins around. I'm working on the sheep when a bear yeets some other girl out of nowhere. We have no medical supplies. I run back to the village and warn everyone. But we're prepared, right? Bow and arrows are gone. Nevermind. Panic spreads. I go to my secret milkweed area, grab a rope, make a bow and manage to find the supplies for an arrow. Come back. My bow is gone. I then go south for flint, see my bow right in front the bear den. I carefully use the flint chips to make myself a safe path, grab the bow, and run on out of there. I continue gathering supplies. I find my younger sister, the only person in the village with a knife. I trust her, she trusts me. She tells me to feed her, she's going to kill the griefers. We run south. Find the bow, several pie baskets and some arrows. I'm the first to run down. Drop my bowl of berries and start looking at the things. Out of the blue, I'm shot. Out emerges Triplet A. It was a trap. She was waiting for me to come. I'm not sure if my sister was in kahoots with her. I guess so. Some blonde was following us and came down. Died before I knew the rest.

Point of this? be aware. Don't go to a lone area with anyone. Don't tell anyone else where emergency weapons are hidden. Check behind trees. Make sure your village has stocked medic supplies. And finally, never raise triplets, twins, or any other variety.

#2 2019-03-30 13:18:32

Toxic
Banned

Re: Griefers Getting Smarter?

DaTrüf! wrote:

You can thank me for that, allong with Toxic, and this noob lol

Haha we got this boiii. Man in three hours we took down 5 towns with a huge amount of girls! New tactics boiiiis! Man partners in crime we will take down this ohol towns fast! And defiently the noob fizzy we got you in the team!

#3 2019-03-30 14:36:56

Averest

More griefer wankery.

#4 2019-03-30 15:10:46

DestinyCall

Averest wrote:

More griefer wankery.

And this is why we need a more permanent solution for repeat offenders.   Send 'em to a griefer-only DonkeyTown server so they can giggle manically while dicking about with each other.   Everyone can have their fun and we can get back to talking about the best way to cook shrimp.

#5 2019-03-30 15:14:52

Toxic
Banned

DestinyCall wrote:
Averest wrote:

More griefer wankery.

And this is why we need a more permanent solution for repeat offenders.   Send 'em to a griefer-only DonkeyTown server so they can giggle manically while dicking about with each other.   Everyone can have their fun and we can get back to talking about the best way to cook shrimp.

Dude griefer play for this game to. And they also buy it for 20 bux. If Jason wants to do that he should rather refund the because the whole point of paying 20 dollars is to get acces to JASONS PUBLIC SERVERS! Jason’s wasn’t greefing to be part of game otherwise he wouldn’t add ability to kill others.

#6 2019-03-30 19:23:40

DestinyCall

Ya'll can have server access.   Just different servers from me.   You might even like them better, who knows?

#7 2019-03-30 19:33:27

Anandamide

Toxic wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:
Averest wrote:

More griefer wankery.

Dude griefer play for this game to. And they also buy it for 20 bux. If Jason wants to do that he should rather refund the because the whole point of paying 20 dollars is to get acces to JASONS PUBLIC SERVERS! Jason’s wasn’t greefing to be part of game otherwise he wouldn’t add ability to kill others.

Jason including murder is not an endorsement of griefing. You can grief without killing, and in fact, killing is the only solution to a griefer. Removing it would make people like yourself a worse problem. He is obviously aware of the existence of your player type, and having murder and curses shows he at least wants players to have options to remove you from their game experience in both the short and medium terms. Over time, your lifetime curse score will go up making your threshold lower and your duration longer in donkey town, causing you to have less and less of an effect on our gameplay. You're a parasite, we live best without you and you cant even exist without us.

#8 2019-03-30 19:39:34

Booklat1

Karrots wrote:

Remember those innocent days, when griefers ran around with bows and knifes in their hands, begging to be killed? So long gone are those times.

Griefers are getting more clever, an example is my past life.

they arent smart, you're too passive. just kill multiples or confirm who they are through discord

#9 2019-03-30 19:39:59

futurebird

Well you did try to starve them... so they decided to play "payback" be nice to players. There is a chance they just wanted to play normally, but it's not like this was unprovoked.

I had triplets once and they were the very best.

To me greifers are nasty for no real reason. It sucks for the other people in the town, though.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#10 2019-03-30 19:49:08

DestinyCall

futurebird wrote:

Well you did try to starve them... so they decided to play "payback" be nice to players. There is a chance they just wanted to play normally, but it's not like this was unprovoked.

I had triplets once and they were the very best.

To me greifers are nasty for no real reason. It sucks for the other people in the town, though.

Oh futurebird, you are so innocent and trusting.   This wasn't revenge for an injustice, it was coordinated griefing, plain and simple.   

Not all multiples are bad, but these kind of players are the reason why most twins/triplets/quads are killed at birth.    It is much easier to be destructive when you bring along a buddy.   And by the time you have confirmation that triplets are bad, it is usually too late.

#11 2019-03-30 20:04:29

Anandamide

Toxic, datruff and I guess some random cameos have been doing twins and trips all day, killing many villages. So really, just dont keep multiples. If they were well intentioned, well that sucks but people ruin stuff for well intentioned people all the time and you just gotta get over it.

*** omg im sorry I was not thinking earlier. Sorry pein im not sure why you popped into my head. ***

Last edited by Anandamide (2019-03-30 22:18:18)

#12 2019-03-30 20:30:44

DestinyCall

Anandamide wrote:

Pein, datruff and I guess some random cameos have been doing twins and trips all day, killing many villages.

I think you mean Toxic and datruff.   So far as I know, pein is not associated with these guys.

#13 2019-03-30 20:32:43

Tarr
Banned

Just ask twins/trips/whatever to post something in discord. If they can't follow through or are a blacklisted member of the community don't keep them. If people start using alt accounts to try to hide who they are don't accept people you don't know.

fug it’s Tarr.

#14 2019-03-30 20:39:15

Oblong

Killing griefers can’t always work... It’s annoying and tedious. They’re annoying and tedious. I ended up killing the same set of twins a couple of days ago, kept being cursed by them. They got other people to curse me too because they were sister/mother/daughter. I’ve nearly been sent to Donkey Town because of those two.

If you want to know their offenses, they ate all the food, kept chatting it up, annoyed the town with emotes, and stole kids naming them all the same name.

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#15 2019-03-30 21:36:28

futurebird

Killing greifers is really disruptive since everyone stops working to ask what happened and you might get killed by someone who dosen't understand what happened. It's a last resort.

More effective... start aggressively role playing with greifers. But be tricky so they can't stab you. Follow and ask to help with the griefing then do it wrong.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#16 2019-03-30 21:50:02

antking:]#

I can rest easy because I know Greifers aren't getting smarter... they are just utilizing game mechanics more efficiently! in the past you could just stab some one and the stabbed would fall to the ground dead, while the greifer would have no recoil and could go out kill some more. now their is a recoil so greifers must get creative- pit bulls, snowballs, boars, bears, and locks....

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#17 2019-03-30 22:12:23

OminousBladeBlank

futurebird wrote:

Killing greifers is really disruptive since everyone stops working to ask what happened and you might get killed by someone who dosen't understand what happened. It's a last resort.

More effective... start aggressively role playing with greifers. But be tricky so they can't stab you. Follow and ask to help with the griefing then do it wrong.

This is the only way I get consistently caught. It's a good point, I say as a 'griefer' though I disagree with that label. I'm just a devious roleplayer. I'm a sucker for a good RP partner.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

Board footer