One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-18 05:18:26

Villas

Generation ? (Ancestor unknown)

The Many Eve`s Town was running out of girls when died of old age there. I was born 4k tiles away as a girl and decided to go back there.
When I was a kid I let everything ready to tame a horse and when I was fifteen I did it.

I arrived in Many Eve`s Town when I was thirty five and managed to have two girls, Penny and Lilly Angel. Lilly was afk, but I fed her until I die of old age, and I`m happy because three of Lilly kids, girls, reached to old age and a lot of Angels are living there now. But when I went to check the lineage, I wasn`t able to check the generation number, neither see some ancestors like our Eve. Is it a bug? I`ve never seen that.

The family tree ( I was Jessica Angel, my last words were "Help my babies im dying", because I was too old and Lilly had two kids)
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4055884

Last edited by Villas (2019-04-10 17:28:41)

#2 2019-03-18 05:51:41

Grim_Arbiter

Re: Generation ? (Ancestor unknown)

I think this can happen when someone gets a disconnect and dies but it's honestly never consistent enough for me to troubleshoot.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2019-03-18 13:32:07

BlueDiamondAvatar

Re: Generation ? (Ancestor unknown)

This is a known bug, which I reported through github weeks ago.  There's some sort of timeout causing a few lives to not have a recorded ancestor, and then all descendants from that point have an unknown generation.  Jason's a bit stumped, so if people can take a look, that'd be great!

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/issues/223

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

Board footer