One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-25 22:59:47

WawaHoagie

Laggy/slow when indoors and in forest

I tried searching for this issue but haven't found it in the forums so here we go...

Whenever I come across a "building" with walls and a floor, I start moving much slower, and so does everyone around me. I have asked before when other people are in the building with me if they are experiencing the same "lag" and sluggish performance, they always say no. It seems worse with more objects scattered around the room, bearskin rugs, etc. I also notice this while running through the large swampland trees, which is odd cause I don't notice it as much when running through the grassland trees.

I get used to the game running really fast and smooth with nothing else around or in small settlements, but makes this nearly unplayable in more advanced town, which sucks cause I always end up working on the outskirts outside any walls, hunting rabbits and whatnot. I am running this on my laptop, but a 2D game such as this shouldn't be a problem,  I've played other games in 3D such as Banished, Sims4 and SimCity without too many problems.

I guess I want to see if other people experience this as well, or if you just think that the game is too process intensive for my laptop.

gottahava
    _V~
  Wawa

#2 2018-03-26 08:06:48

Goliath

Re: Laggy/slow when indoors and in forest

WawaHoagie wrote:

I tried searching for this issue but haven't found it in the forums so here we go...

Whenever I come across a "building" with walls and a floor, I start moving much slower, and so does everyone around me. I have asked before when other people are in the building with me if they are experiencing the same "lag" and sluggish performance, they always say no. It seems worse with more objects scattered around the room, bearskin rugs, etc. I also notice this while running through the large swampland trees, which is odd cause I don't notice it as much when running through the grassland trees.

I get used to the game running really fast and smooth with nothing else around or in small settlements, but makes this nearly unplayable in more advanced town, which sucks cause I always end up working on the outskirts outside any walls, hunting rabbits and whatnot. I am running this on my laptop, but a 2D game such as this shouldn't be a problem,  I've played other games in 3D such as Banished, Sims4 and SimCity without too many problems.

I guess I want to see if other people experience this as well, or if you just think that the game is too process intensive for my laptop.

Same bro. Might be my device but big cities are so leggy they are in unbareable. Not even worth mothering in since the delay. Another reason to release a game to a beta population. I've literal joined everyday and it doesn't matter if it's day or night for a.m. or 4 p.m. the server is full.

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

#3 2018-03-26 08:25:37

EvilBlackCat

Re: Laggy/slow when indoors and in forest

I get the exact same thing. In fact I was just born into a huge town and after working the farm until someone else took over I had to go find my own little area outside town to work on. Someone came by to ask why I didn't go to town and I told them lag. The more objects lying around the worse it gets, even if there isn't a lot of people.

Board footer