One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-17 06:37:24

OminousBladeBlank

I Organized and Launched Three Attacks from "Double Plaster Room City"

To anyone playing recently and being active on the forum, you'll know of the mega-city that 8 eves allegedly spawned into.

About one minute south - southwest of there was a little satellite village set up by people who were driven out by earlier griefers hitting the city.

In search for power, I requested a crown from an old woman. She told me to swear I'd be benign. I swore. SHe walked me the minute down to this smaller satellite village with tools, some crowns, food, and fine agriculture.

Naturally, I did what I've always dreamed of doing.

I returned to the city, recruited three others to don aprons and knives, with one girl on a bow, a few pies, and we headed out for our first strike.

Somehow they caught wind of the attack, as we saw someone declaring the "attack incoming!" as we rushed in, killed four, puled back with heavy losses before I came back in for a fifth kill for the party. I died and I think most others also did, but we went 5 women for 3 women so worth it.

Then, as the city had a tower, I traveled about two k in my next life before recruiting what turned out to be a resident of the village to launch a second attack. The village had few people, but I managed a child girl before the double agent back stabbed me. Should have paid attention to surnames.

Lastly, I played for a few hours before being returned to the city. I was a man and a few more men were wandering about, so I organized us into a three man squad. This time, we rolled in with snowballs. But my prior attempts and what ever other catastrophes left the place abandoned or otherwise destroyed by the time my troop had aged to about 25 and made our way down with matching regalia, aprons, and knives. One straggler, I assume following the bell tower, wandered upon us and suffered three knife stabs. We had a good laugh about how inneficient we were at using the taxdollars. However, we pillaged handsomly, taking several steel tools, a door, three carts, and all the stew we could slurp.

Militaries are fun. Only a few people seemed bothered by the jovial destruction of my band. I think one of the newer guys was disgusted by us, as by the end it was just two of the original three of the last band.

I'll be setting up plenty more once I get my hands on relative locations.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#2 2019-03-17 06:56:03

Oblong

Re: I Organized and Launched Three Attacks from "Double Plaster Room City"

Extremely rude.
I wish curses could apply to a group of people rather than just one so people like you aren’t able to do shit like this.

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#3 2019-03-17 07:54:42

Grim_Arbiter

As someone who has been in a raider party when we had the last big main city, I cant be too mad. While some people are always agaisnt killing or a certain roleplay, I think it can be used right if it's just not completely mindless. I would have battled you guys if I was there and wouldn't have been too mad about it, but any innocents in the crossfire might be a little ticked.

I guess I would only recommend having a ultimate goal other than destruction next time. Even a supply steal to better your town might draw less hate, but same conflict and energy haha. I can imagine people actually being less angry about being taken hostage than just outright killed.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#4 2019-03-17 08:11:49

SpreadDaWord

Haha, I think I was the straggler who you stabbed. I was following the bell tower from southwest after my mother died when I was almost old enough to eat on my own. I survived, and heard the bell, so I traveled to your location and promptly got stabbed.
That gave me a good chuckle.

#5 2019-03-17 13:54:23

OminousBladeBlank

Oblong wrote:

Extremely rude.
I wish curses could apply to a group of people rather than just one so people like you aren’t able to do shit like this.

You're not wrong, but IMO, if you RP correctly in an attack situation, you don't deserve to be donkey towned.

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#6 2019-03-17 13:56:25

OminousBladeBlank

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

As someone who has been in a raider party when we had the last big main city, I cant be too mad. While some people are always agaisnt killing or a certain roleplay, I think it can be used right if it's just not completely mindless. I would have battled you guys if I was there and wouldn't have been too mad about it, but any innocents in the crossfire might be a little ticked.

I guess I would only recommend having a ultimate goal other than destruction next time. Even a supply steal to better your town might draw less hate, but same conflict and energy haha. I can imagine people actually being less angry about being taken hostage than just outright killed.

Yeah. Were were a bit heavy on the murder... But the war ended in spoils! I think next time I may kill less indiscriminately. Good advice.

#7 2019-03-17 13:57:50

OminousBladeBlank

SpreadDaWord wrote:

Haha, I think I was the straggler who you stabbed. I was following the bell tower from southwest after my mother died when I was almost old enough to eat on my own. I survived, and heard the bell, so I traveled to your location and promptly got stabbed.
That gave me a good chuckle.

A boy with brown hair maybe 13 or 14? Three stab wounds from three middle aged matching men? It was my third band if so! Sorry, we thought you were from the town! We almost killed some of our own too who wandered down but we checked surnames.

#8 2019-03-17 18:54:59

Solbusaur

Next time, I'd roll in and announce your attack. Warn any residents that rebels will be slaughtered. Then take anything that you want, without getting innocents in the crossfire

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#9 2019-03-17 21:18:04

OminousBladeBlank

Solbusaur wrote:

Next time, I'd roll in and announce your attack. Warn any residents that rebels will be slaughtered. Then take anything that you want, without getting innocents in the crossfire

I think that's pretty fair. Next time I'll just rob them blind and let hunger get em. Thanks.

#10 2019-03-17 23:07:30

Bob 101

Sounds really cool, Organised militaries and battles was always a thing I wanted.

#11 2019-03-18 02:29:28

Sanshuba

It reminds me a life that I lived last month. I was born in a small camp, without steel tools, small farm, but lot of people. I went on a iron mission and found a great camp, with sheeps, a lot of pies and steel. But they were the same family tree. I started stealing a hoe and brought back, I told to my people that I stole. My uncle was very upset, but my mother and my sister decided to go with me and bring more stuff, we stole the knives, pies and steel.
We started to steal girls as well, but two  women realized and followed us and tried to bring pies back, but my mother stabbed her, the other woman ran back.

Our village was going very well, my sister decided to steal some needle and ball of thread, because we had a lot of rabbits, but she never came back, I decided to go investigate and saw her bones with fresh blood. A man with a bow and arrow saw me and hunted me, I ran back. The man ended up shooting my uncle, but my mother killed the man.
After some years, my mother stole a cart with plenty of balls of thread and she died of old age. When I was about fifty, a woman came with a bow and arrow and tried to shoot me, I took another bow and arrow and managed to shoot her first, but the kids were very confused, because we all were the same family, so they decided to don’t feed me, I died before the woman.
A lot of deaths, but it was a funny life, it’s very rare to have interactions between cities.
And since trade is meanless, the only ways two cities can interact  are raiding or exchanging people if they are not from the same family.

I hope one day, we will have some very advanced tools, clothes and food, so the trade would be more meanfull if cities have different especializations. Like a city that produce very advanced clothes and other city that produce industrial food.

It reminds me The Walking Dead, where the interactions between towns was mostly based on raids, but In the HQ after they got established, about four cities started to trade route (Fish, weapon and ammo, radios, farming tools/engines and etc). Well in the real life it happened a lot as well, raids, slaves and etc.

#12 2019-03-18 12:14:58

OminousBladeBlank

Bob 101 wrote:

Sounds really cool, Organised militaries and battles was always a thing I wanted.

They'll become more popular as sattelite towns and tower bells are formed.

#13 2019-03-18 12:26:14

OminousBladeBlank

Sanshuba wrote:

It reminds me a life that I lived last month. I was born in a small camp, without steel tools, small farm, but lot of people. I went on a iron mission and found a great camp, with sheeps, a lot of pies and steel. But they were the same family tree. I started stealing a hoe and brought back, I told to my people that I stole. My uncle was very upset, but my mother and my sister decided to go with me and bring more stuff, we stole the knives, pies and steel.
We started to steal girls as well, but two  women realized and followed us and tried to bring pies back, but my mother stabbed her, the other woman ran back.

Our village was going very well, my sister decided to steal some needle and ball of thread, because we had a lot of rabbits, but she never came back, I decided to go investigate and saw her bones with fresh blood. A man with a bow and arrow saw me and hunted me, I ran back. The man ended up shooting my uncle, but my mother killed the man.
After some years, my mother stole a cart with plenty of balls of thread and she died of old age. When I was about fifty, a woman came with a bow and arrow and tried to shoot me, I took another bow and arrow and managed to shoot her first, but the kids were very confused, because we all were the same family, so they decided to don’t feed me, I died before the woman.
A lot of deaths, but it was a funny life, it’s very rare to have interactions between cities.
And since trade is meanless, the only ways two cities can interact  are raiding or exchanging people if they are not from the same family.

I hope one day, we will have some very advanced tools, clothes and food, so the trade would be more meanfull if cities have different especializations. Like a city that produce very advanced clothes and other city that produce industrial food.

It reminds me The Walking Dead, where the interactions between towns was mostly based on raids, but In the HQ after they got established, about four cities started to trade route (Fish, weapon and ammo, radios, farming tools/engines and etc). Well in the real life it happened a lot as well, raids, slaves and etc.

I think that advanced crafting will create an economy based on shit other than nearby cities robbing eachother. I've repopulated old cities from sustained ones from learning their relative locations, and repopulating is usually a euphemism for stealing.

I also hope for better trade aparatus, like universal trade emotes/hardware that allows transactions to occur by a system that does not rely on purely trust, and cannot be tampered with by standerbys.

Back to raiding, I also hope to see an armor update - armor? Perhaps at a high steel or gold cost, you could smith some plate armor that essentially soaks up a hit for you without giving you an injury. The first hit would have similar mechanics - the attacker is slowed and has marked knife, and the attacked is perhaps also slowed briefly, and the armor is now 'broken'. broken armor provides no bonuses for future attacks, but can be repaired at some smaller cost. Why? An additional layer of security for a town guard, and a very visible definition of intent.

Intent, OminousBladeBlank? What do you mean? Well, If a band of four people, two with armor and all with weapons rush your town, that is pretty clearly a militaristic force that intends to do harm, but a coordinated town could survive such an attack if they are established enough with just a few weapons. Likewise, a town guard will typically be donning a set of armor as soon as one is available. It helps griefers, sure, but not as much as it helps an organized group. Just hope it's not an organized group of griefers. But that's why we can curse!

Board footer