One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-03-16 02:09:41

Spoonwood

Re: Tacos and Burritos

Booklat1 wrote:

so its hard for people to eat few good foods but easy to eat dozens of bad ones?

Nope.  Look, you don't even grant my premise that no bad foods exist.  If you're down 5 pips and you drink milk, you only get 1x *more* yum.  If you're down 5 pips eat green beans and something else, you end up with 2x *more* yum (assuming neither milk, green beans, and that something else had gotten eaten).

Booklat1 wrote:

any food except berries (which exist in tutorial) need players to learn they exist beforehand, if anything this is an argument against yum.

No.  Yum can help some in the tutorial (efficiency in the smithing area can generally get improved).  Not much, but it's something.  Don't eat right away, and run to the onion.  Eat the berries last, since if you're in the smithing area, you'll only have berries, cooked rabbits, and anything you brought with you.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-03-16 02:11:30)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#52 2019-03-16 02:12:49

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

Meat pies are forever.

No.  All food can get eaten.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#53 2019-03-16 02:31:47

DestinyCall

Spoonwood wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Meat pies are forever.

No.  All food can get eaten.

If you run out of pies, you are doing it wrong.

#54 2019-03-17 15:25:04

futurebird

I was in a town where someone made a true taco station. It had many flat rocks, carnitas all ready and bowls galore. I made a lot of food in that life. I also made a kindling pile for the station and moved it from the desert because with the fire you get way too hungry when cooking. Thank you taco-brother or taco-sister. You made this all possible.

atWuiZf.jpg

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#55 2019-03-17 15:41:01

golmock

CrazyEddie wrote:

Baking pies is essential

Making tacos and burritos is a hobby

I agree with this opinion.

And If you have a knife, you should periodically check the pen or kitchen and kill sheep.

If you hid the only knife in your bag and you were so engrossed in other things that you made the twon starve... you're griffer.

!eve painter! You will have a color name.
I can teach you if i'm not busy. just talk to me.

#56 2019-03-17 15:43:20

Booklat1

Spoonwood wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:

so its hard for people to eat few good foods but easy to eat dozens of bad ones?

Nope.  Look, you don't even grant my premise that no bad foods exist.  If you're down 5 pips and you drink milk, you only get 1x *more* yum.  If you're down 5 pips eat green beans and something else, you end up with 2x *more* yum (assuming neither milk, green beans, and that something else had gotten eaten).

Yes, because its not just an idiotic premise that is largely rejected, its an actual conclusion not a premise, fertility mattering is your real premise and one valid. Only fertility justifies yum, you getting one extra yum after eating and producing wasteful foods hardly buffs you and diverts resources from more efficient yum sources.

A single corn plant can make 5 yums. Can beans? Can potatoess?

the only benefit in the example you suggest is one extra person at one extra yum. With corn you can get tens of people yumming different AND efficient foods.

Last edited by Booklat1 (2019-03-17 15:44:29)

#57 2019-03-17 16:44:10

futurebird

golmock wrote:
CrazyEddie wrote:

Baking pies is essential

Making tacos and burritos is a hobby

I agree with this opinion.

And If you have a knife, you should periodically check the pen or kitchen and kill sheep.

If you hid the only knife in your bag and you were so engrossed in other things that you made the twon starve... you're griffer.

Generally agree. I'm pretty good about checking on sheep and baking, though in that town there were too many knives so I put one that was on the ground in my bag as my mother was stabbed with it.

I don't bother with tacos unless there is surplus food. Which there was.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

Board footer