One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-15 12:26:14

futurebird

What I *wish* lineage showed...

Lineage is one of the really cool parts of the game. Very rare that I think about any game that I play after I play it. Not so with OHOL. I don't understand why it shows me the times I was a high-generation descendent though. That is kind of interesting, but what I really want to know is of my characters which one had the most generations following her.

Perhaps this is just a hard query to run?  but, to me it's always exciting when the family tree keeps going for many generations after I played. I like to try to understand what happened to the town from the last words.

Also, a possible suggestion: what if we could append links to screenshots and very short comments to a family tree that others in the line could see. I could link to the post I made here about the "little bakery" and others might just post a screen shot of something memorable. Make it just a little multi-media.

Maybe use the forum ID system to cut down on the potential for moderation issues.

OK here is a funny photo of an old person showing off how many letters they can use nZIpgtI.jpg

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-03-15 12:46:40

Oblong

Re: What I *wish* lineage showed...

I wish lineages in some way could be able to connect after interacting with eachother other than murder, luckily an old woman let me stab her to connect the Dupont—Good lineage, both of them ending Gen 26-27.

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#3 2019-03-15 15:48:41

fragilityh14

Oblong wrote:

I wish lineages in some way could be able to connect after interacting with eachother other than murder, luckily an old woman let me stab her to connect the Dupont—Good lineage, both of them ending Gen 26-27.

I was there for that and decided to run off and found my own colony, which did already, then apparently the main good line died out right then and my camp only last 6 gens.  I felt kind of bad about that, as both lines seemed healthy when i left

of course, i blame the babies who /die.

How did those lines meet? did someone map it or was it a coincidence?

Also i _really_ want it to at least say the number of descendants, manually navigating these to look for the different family lines is really tedious!

Last edited by fragilityh14 (2019-03-15 15:49:20)

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#4 2019-03-15 19:47:08

Oblong

According to my mother, Emma Dupont, a member of the Good family found her and her sisters while they were nomads. The Good family member brought them to their town. Who knows why they were running away from the main lineage, maybe lack of resources or bad people there— Wherever they came from, their main line died off.

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#5 2019-03-16 05:07:24

Sanshuba

futurebird wrote:

Lineage is one of the really cool parts of the game. Very rare that I think about any game that I play after I play it. Not so with OHOL. I don't understand why it shows me the times I was a high-generation descendent though. That is kind of interesting, but what I really want to know is of my characters which one had the most generations following her.

Perhaps this is just a hard query to run?  but, to me it's always exciting when the family tree keeps going for many generations after I played. I like to try to understand what happened to the town from the last words.

Also, a possible suggestion: what if we could append links to screenshots and very short comments to a family tree that others in the line could see. I could link to the post I made here about the "little bakery" and others might just post a screen shot of something memorable. Make it just a little multi-media.

Maybe use the forum ID system to cut down on the potential for moderation issues.

OK here is a funny photo of an old person showing off how many letters they can use https://i.imgur.com/nZIpgtI.jpg

I totally agree. Once I suggested on reddit for a picture of the place of death when we click on someone on family tree. It would be great being able to see how the town developed, what were people talking and etc.

Board footer