One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-25 09:23:48

Goliath

Problems, Glitchs, Mass RDM?

I feel like there needs to be a compilation of errors, glitchs and exploitations that are in the game. Since, I work a considerable amount of time during the week and I actually quite enjoy what OHOL has to offer..

So here is a list of things I have off the top of my head, so that the staff and developer team can just check it out.
This game has a lot of potential but a lot of potential for Abuse.

1. When civilization reach a certain point they begin to lag at the center where they store the food.

2. There's literally no way to report anybody that's griefing.
There's literal trolls going around and wreaking havoc and destroying the game and taking advantage of the game breaking resources.

3. There simply is not enough materials to survive generation to generation you know. And even if you could survive generation to generation the lag would be incredible and it would take 5 to 10 seconds to pick up a berry from a basket forcing all the children to die and I think requiring everybody to be a screen away from each other is kind of ridiculous since there's no mass communication.

4. If the game is in beta then say it is in beta testing but don't sell a game for $20 that you cannot protect against trolls.

5. I think I could put up with the resources and unlimited resources and even the generations dying even though the trailer alludes to Generations up on Generations surviving and supercars and even base guarding robots but unless you fix the "Griefers" you're not going to have a community or at least not a very big one.

ps.

6. Maybe Admins in game will solve mass murders, for they can punish the person or have a dialogue with the user account.
Solves the toxic community and we become even closer knowing a admin team is willing to clear up the in game exploiters.

Last edited by Goliath (2018-03-25 20:48:13)

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

#2 2018-03-25 11:14:32

sammoh

Re: Problems, Glitchs, Mass RDM?

You have access to at least two servers now with anti-griefing measures in place and violence completely disabled. I plan on adding a third with heavier modifications to address my own gripes with the game. It would be more constructive for you to contribute ideas and time to such efforts than complain.

Last edited by sammoh (2018-03-25 11:14:54)

Two Hours, One Life - a curated OHOL server with heavy modifications.

Discord:     https://discord.gg/atEgxm7
Address:          https://github.com/frankvalentine/clients

#3 2018-03-25 18:36:36

Goliath

sammoh wrote:

You have access to at least two servers now with anti-griefing measures in place and violence completely disabled. I plan on adding a third with heavier modifications to address my own gripes with the game. It would be more constructive for you to contribute ideas and time to such efforts than complain.

1. No where is the game does it show a server selection.
2. Shouldn't market a incomplete game if you don't want complaints.
3. Yeah it would be more constructive but this isn't a perfect world. Nor do I have the time for people sensitive feelings.
Fix the problems or lose the community. Very Simple.

Still experiencing invisible people, not sure how a server with anti-violence will solve this, you can't reach via menu screen. Not that it really matters at that point, when its still choppy, flying items and invisible people.

Last edited by Goliath (2018-03-25 20:38:12)

#4 2018-03-25 18:55:47

Babsy

sammoh wrote:

@sammoh
Which two are these?

#5 2018-03-25 19:14:19

Shallotte

sammoh wrote:

That is an extremely poor excuse and defense. Most people want to play the game on the main server- and for the money that they(and we) spent we shouldn't have to worry about people exploiting the games(main sever)flaws by killing themselves until they spawn into a growing society for the sole purpose of killing everyone in it.

The fact that you can mass murder in the main server of the game is a huge game breaking exploit that makes the game nearly unplayable in it's current state. Right now, every village is at a stalemate from having to start over and over again, which defeats the purpose of the game. Which is extremely bad whether there are other custom servers or not.

Some people argue that its realistic. It isn't. Not when there is nothing in the game that would alert people to a murder(like a scream) and not when there is no possible way for the average citizens to hide or defend themselves when it takes so long to find a weapon or load a bow in the first place. It isn't a good mechanic, and if it can't be fixed right away- I'd argue that for now player killing on the main server should be disabled until proper measures or implemented mechanics make it more balanced.

Last edited by Shallotte (2018-03-25 19:15:20)

Professional 3D Animator

#6 2018-03-25 19:44:00

masamune0

You disable murder, but then the griefer can't be killed, which could be arguably even worse.

He could close a city without anyone be able to stop him since he can't be killed. Or he could do whatever he wants and no one could stop him.

Not sure disabling murder is the solution. And it is a fun mechanic. Good feeling when you succeed in defending the village bad one when the griefer wipes it.

#7 2018-03-25 20:42:20

Goliath

Shallotte wrote:
sammoh wrote:

That is an extremely poor excuse and defense. Most people want to play the game on the main server- and for the money that they(and we) spent we shouldn't have to worry about people exploiting the games(main sever)flaws by killing themselves until they spawn into a growing society for the sole purpose of killing everyone in it.

The fact that you can mass murder in the main server of the game is a huge game breaking exploit that makes the game nearly unplayable in it's current state. Right now, every village is at a stalemate from having to start over and over again, which defeats the purpose of the game. Which is extremely bad whether there are other custom servers or not.

Some people argue that its realistic. It isn't. Not when there is nothing in the game that would alert people to a murder(like a scream) and not when there is no possible way for the average citizens to hide or defend themselves when it takes so long to find a weapon or load a bow in the first place. It isn't a good mechanic, and if it can't be fixed right away- I'd argue that for now player killing on the main server should be disabled until proper measures or implemented mechanics make it more balanced.

I agree with the scream concept. That would make a lot of sense but they need an easier craft able item to defend oneself, like a shiv, or turn off pvp altogether until the concept is thought-out entirely.
People do realize there is companies like Troll Arch and games like Gmod where people mass murder for YouTube views?

You really want to be a headline of a YouTube video, I broke one hour one life with RDM MRDM?
[Random Death Match, Mass Random Death Match.]

Board footer