One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-25 03:46:41

Laura

Blonde bitch with bow

To my beloved Family: i found a bow ... killed by a bear.
Hopefully you find the blond killer bow Girl and kill her - so that the Family survived!

#2 2018-03-25 08:30:28

Thexus

Re: Blonde bitch with bow

i have never done this

Discord: Translators' Server, Thexus#3774
Working again on translations, oof

#3 2018-03-25 08:41:39

Thexus

lol

#4 2018-03-25 08:55:01

Thexus

wat in a tarnation

#5 2018-03-25 08:58:50

Thexus

make me

#6 2018-03-25 09:52:59

Helperguy

You know what? have seen him or her too at the same time.
I ve been playing on several servers, but he killed several civilisations. At least 6 that i know.
I started a very good civilisation with about 15 people, (had about ten lifes in the same town) but no one survived, even if we had masses of food and clothes.
it sucks. even the best sorted village with the best community cannot survive, because one can kill so easy and will always be reborn.

i think about 1 of 100 people are mass murderers, but in this game it is so easy to kill, that even the shittiest noobish player can kill hundrets of other players in 30 minutes.

I have been talking to this person. And it seems that he/she only kills in this game and does nothing else.
Making bows and killing - nice. this means that not even one civilisation had a chance tonight.

Last edited by Helperguy (2018-03-25 10:00:02)

#7 2018-03-25 10:39:26

EmmyGamba

Well its pretty easy to kill someone. So all you really need to wipe out all active settlements is determination.

Last edited by EmmyGamba (2018-03-25 11:13:45)

#8 2018-03-25 13:22:59

Baker

To me, these people are incredibly sad individuals. They get some sort of self-gratification from destroying other peoples work, They seem to think themselves superior to the people that try to make civs. I don't know if it was the same person devoting his time to griefing every civ on the server but their methods and the way they talk are certainly similar.

I had one guy kill my mother in a civ that just started out, Me and my fellow babies starved and the civ was gone. The guy was gloating over us like he was proud of what he just did. I'll never get the people that dedicate there time to trying to mass murder. It's not impossible to stop griefers, They can be killed just as easily as we can.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#9 2018-03-25 14:37:08

machinegunnun

I was killed by a bow as a child once, it was such a sweet place too, carrots for miles and everyone had clothes!
I hope this is changed, Like a red cloud around you or a evil face or something, or tear tattoos on your face, I don't know! I just wish there was a way to know who was a murderer so they could be put in jail, or executed by the town.

#10 2018-03-25 14:49:27

Shallotte

Im a new player, and imo- it really sucks that every villiage I pass by or spawn into has only ever has ONE person in it, when everyone else is dead via one person with a knife.

Last edited by Shallotte (2018-03-25 14:50:01)

Professional 3D Animator

#11 2018-03-25 14:59:28

Shallotte

Baker wrote:

It's not impossible to stop griefers, They can be killed just as easily as we can.

Sure, they can be killed as easily as we can...as far as vulnerability goes. But that doesn't mean it isn't extremely difficult to do.

People can die off screen from a bow, and someone can just take a knife, casually walk up to you and kill you with a knife with no animation or indication they are about to stab you. So as regular player, you can't tell who is killing people and who isn't to be able to defend yourself in the first place. Or do you kill every person in sight that walks by with a loaded bow or knife when they might be just passing by to go hunt? Would the average player happen to have a loaded bow or knife in hand the first place?(no, working people don't. Thats why everyone dies)

Furthermore; it doesn't help at all that players die completely silently from weapon kills, when realistically they should scream(like come on, you can hear babies crying from off screen). Too many people die silently before anyone notices whats happening. They can't warn anyone else to flee.

There needs to be more indication and measures in place to tell when you are about to be attacked and defenses against it. Right now, the advantage of one murderer with a weapon is pretty ridiculous, and societies aren't going to progress at this rate as long as this continues.

Last edited by Shallotte (2018-03-25 15:08:59)

Professional 3D Animator

#12 2018-03-25 16:03:54

Baker

Shallotte wrote:
Baker wrote:

It's not impossible to stop griefers, They can be killed just as easily as we can.

Sure, they can be killed as easily as we can...as far as vulnerability goes. But that doesn't mean it isn't extremely difficult to do.

People can die off the screen from a bow, and someone can just take a knife, casually walk up to you and kill you with a knife with no animation or indication they are about to stab you. So as a regular player, you can't tell who is killing people and who isn't to be able to defend yourself in the first place. Or do you kill every person in sight that walks by with a loaded bow or knife when they might be just passing by to go hunt? Would the average player happen to have a loaded bow or knife in hand the first place?(no, working people don't. That's why everyone dies)

Furthermore; it doesn't help at all that players die completely silently from weapon kills when realistically they should scream(like come on, you can hear babies crying from off-screen). Too many people die silently before anyone notices whats happening. They can't warn anyone else to flee.

There needs to be more indication and measures in place to tell when you are about to be attacked and defenses against it. Right now, the advantage of one murderer with a weapon is pretty ridiculous, and societies aren't going to progress at this rate as long as this continues.

Yeah, Trolls have it pretty easy. It's why there's so many. When they have the element of surprise, we're pretty fucked. I guess the best strategy, for now, is stay in groups.  Griefers can easily pick off people who are on there own but if they try to attack someone in a group they will get noticed. Like if someone stabs me in the middle of a busy carrot field, everyone will notice the guy with the bloody knife or the one holding the bow.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#13 2018-03-25 16:05:29

jord1990

Someone tried to murder me with a bow twice yesterday, and he failed twice.... All you need is the awareness of what is going on around you. If someone walks by with a loaded bow Ill just start randomly walking all over the place. If he does kill/try to kill someone just walk over to the other weapons to kill him when he is retrieving the arrow. If you dont have any weapons just wait for him to try and eat and pick up his bow. If you are paying attention to your surroundings you don't get murdered out of nowhere (Except from the rare invisible person). The same is also true about people who say bears killed their entire village.

#14 2018-03-25 17:08:17

Helperguy

jord1990 wrote:

If you are paying attention to your surroundings you don't get murdered out of nowhere.

Ys, but i actually dont want to pay attention. Some fucker disrupted my gameplay yesterday with a bow. I wanted to build stuff for community, but he fired 5 bows on me and the last one got me. it does not make fun to play like that.

Board footer