One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-16 22:07:03

xixxax85

Temperature broken since most recent update

Since the newest update, I have noticed that the my temp gauge is either always freezing or super hot.  There is hardly anyway to get a comfortable temp anymore.  I am constantly eating and going through resources because of this.  I have heard other people saying the same is happening to them as well.  Is this the way it is supposed to be now?  I hope not.  It is almost making the game unplayable for me and is sucking up towns food supply because everyone is losing food squares a lot faster.

#2 2019-02-16 23:55:58

JoshuaN

Re: Temperature broken since most recent update

This super hot / cold temperature is from heatshock the new feature, It is not a bug and is working as intended. There is an initial shock of temp change which is massive when naked, moderate when clothed. Temperatures also change slowly when wearing clothes. Minimum temperature increases when wearing clothes as well. Fire is an absolute must or else naked people will die of hunger & cold. It sounds just like real life survival situation.

Btw if your temperature is already in a normal state from being near a fire you do not recieve an extreme heat shock.
Eveing is still pretty hard though if you don't know what you're doing, live several lives in a working village before you attempt it.

Teach your children about heatshock!

Last edited by JoshuaN (2019-02-16 23:56:48)

Sustenance~   ( ・・)つ―{}@{}@{}-

#3 2019-03-10 18:10:26

Strilar

I'll add to this post that Temperature is broken but for another reason...
I actually enjoy that the game is harder without clothes/buildings because of temperature update encouraging a new civilization meta.

However, i have barely been able to play properly since temperature update, since my game lags a LOT to almost unplayable levels.
I am using no mods, just the basic game at steam, and i noticed it happens whenever i go to temperature hotspots, like bakery or nursery fires.
Most of the time i'm in the wilds i'm usually ok, it could also be the amount of players, but i never had this problem i crowded areas before.
I tested at different times at day, and even played with a twin IRL friend who was playing on a different network, we both felt the lag near nursery.

I've been paying for over 6 months and this is now my #1 favorite game despite all the ups and downs, and been trying to play it once in a while when i have free time but this is the 2nd weekend in a row where i ended up giving up because i couldn't even pick a pie from under my feet as the game was in super slow-motion and other players managed to pick pie before me... ended up needing to cry "F" as an adult just someone would save me from starving... so i grab a cart and work as a gatherer outside village to avoid lag spikes which ends badly sometimes too leading to a frustrating experience (damned if i stay, damned if i go)

I recorded the last game in MP4 format if it helps (it's a big file though...471mb hmm )

#4 2019-03-10 21:37:43

UnnoticedShadow

My computer is slow as heck, and has little to no lag when running OHOL, for some reason it's actually gotten *faster*  since the last few updates.  If your computer's struggling to run in the current version, that a matter of the computer.

(For reference, My computer is so slow it cannot play Minecraft nor Spelunky)

#5 2019-03-10 21:44:21

Daffex

UnnoticedShadow wrote:

My computer is slow as heck, and has little to no lag when running OHOL, for some reason it's actually gotten *faster*  since the last few updates.  If your computer's struggling to run in the current version, that a matter of the computer.

(For reference, My computer is so slow it cannot play Minecraft nor Spelunky)

Disagree, It doesn't lag often for me, but lately it's been more common in hotspots.

My PC runs most things on ultra without a struggle... so that's not it.

I prefer to call my children after final fantasy characters.
- Love making sauerkraut! - Hate letting kids die.

I miss surnames. Remember surnames?

#6 2019-03-11 12:24:58

Strilar

Yeah, i've been playing this game for over 6 months already with the same computer and never had so many lag problems before.

The fact that my other friend who was in another computer and network had similar problems when near hotspots and that several other people around here mention hotspots as well when talking about lag makes me think it's not a coincidence.

Seems to me it's the nº of times the server needs to send/receive information to the client, specially in busy areas.

Check Jason's post here about the Lag Fix: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5242

Looks like the same kind of problem may be happening again.

#7 2019-03-11 14:52:38

fragilityh14

yeah i'm getting a different kind of disconnects now, where it suddenly goes to the disconnect screen and usually reconnects rapidly. it mostly only happens in cities, and only when I've just loaded, so i'm assuming its a problem with the initial loading. It's been relatively infrequent, but when it does happen may be several times in the first 5 minutes of play.

I'm also getting some slowdown, but it's pretty steady slowdown at least so i can still play.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

Board footer