One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-03-13 22:57:27

Cryptodream

Re: The situation with translations

Kazetsukai wrote:

From what I have seen in building https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech :

- # words will show whatever is before the #, so translate the first part and leave the # where it is
- words related to characters won't show in the game
- @ words are categories and might not show in the game at the moment, not 100% sure here

I saw your page before and i tought it was very useful. To verify translation is even more useful. Thanks!

#27 2018-03-14 17:23:31

llap

LeedMx wrote:

Hello everyone, I just discover the game yesterday and got really excited, it seems amazing.

Would gladly help, I just sent out a pull request to the github repository I'm sure we can make it multilingual easily... in the meantime, for those who want to help out translating here's a link to some files containing a list of all objects in the game, feel free to get started translating it won't actually be reflected on the game until Jason decides if and how the translation will be implemented

Here are the lists, you can just open and edit them, please keep the original text as is and use the second column to fill in the appropriate translation
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing

@LeedMx:

Where did you get the texts from? I ask because it will surely give new words after the next update smile

@JasonRohrer:

When and how you are able to implement the translations? Are you able to manage the files from the google.drive account (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ … sp=sharing)? Can you give us the new words for translation after updating the game? We will give you a message if we are ready with translating. The current german version is 100 percent ready but we do the last corrections.

@all: https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech  brilliant page!!

llap Olli

llap Olli

#28 2018-03-16 06:59:30

llap

Hi, I have asked Jason about the words behind the #-sign. He answered:

"Yes, the words behind # are comments that only I can see in the editor.

Please post this in the Translation section of the forums.

Jason"

llap Olli

llap Olli

#29 2018-03-17 19:30:55

Catfood

Hi,
I made some tools, to make the translation a bit easier.
https://github.com/HgGamer/One-Hour-One-Life-Translate

Catfood

#30 2018-03-17 19:44:25

llap

Thx but this you only understand if you are a programmer or you have studied computer sciences sad

need more help please!

1. need to know where the original words are to find
2. need to know how to extract
3. need to know how to implement the translations

I am not a completely noob but it isn´t my normal work smile

llap Olli

llap Olli

#31 2018-03-19 15:27:22

noener

alfonso.nishikawa wrote:
yvanhooe wrote:

I guess the ideal way would be to create a github account, fork this repo: https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLifeD … er/objects and modify the objects description. When Jason makes an update, merge from his repo.

How exactly will be the process and integration of the translations into the application? I don't get it clear and I am interested on the translation issue. I don't see how users will be able to change the language, and as I see in that directory, each file has one and only one description. So I really don't understand.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I just want to confirm, if I want to use a translation, do I need to patch the game files using some tool?

Thanks!

#32 2018-03-19 17:27:33

Gijutsu

Hi
You just need to replace some text file and also some tga file wich are written in english, just like the pop up saying you'r full or hungry !

#33 2018-03-20 08:37:02

KRN

Kazetsukai wrote:

- # words will show whatever is before the #, so translate the first part and leave the # where it is
- words related to characters won't show in the game
- @ words are categories and might not show in the game at the moment, not 100% sure here

yes u are right:

# -> cheaty way to add extra properties to objects (for example adding wood to cut trees) => dont translate
yes (names of skins just wont show) => dont translate
@ -> used for grouping items together soo he can just check if item is in the category instead of adding transitions for all of em (potencionally missing some newly added ones interactions, like chainsaw not being able to cut some trees) => dont translate

soo translate Everything but anything after those ;-)

Last edited by KRN (2018-03-20 08:46:33)

#34 2018-03-20 09:25:33

Bluh

I think we need two (for menu and hand drawn) fonts with all special characters required for translated language. It would also be great if GUI graphics could stay blank and text would be written on top, so we don't need new graphics for every language.

#35 2018-03-20 10:23:12

noener

I'm considering building an online translation tool that everyone can understand.

Initially:
- an automated back-end that scans the latest game data and stores the strings into a translation database,
- a website where contributors can download templates and upload new or existing XLS/CSV translation files,
- and a tool to bundle translations into an archive for end-users use.

Later,
- allow contributors to translate strings and upload translated images directly on the website,
- and possibly a game launcher that can download translations and patch the game files directly.

Patching the game is not ideal and it would have been great if the game could be updated to load language files directly. Unfortunately pull requests are not accepted, so the community cannot contribute any changes.

Does anyone have any other ideas or feedback? Will something like the be useful at all?

Any contributors welcome! :)

#36 2018-03-24 11:38:16

Thexus

I'm Thexus, the leader of the Hungarian Translation Team.

We have already published 3 versions, the other teams are nowhere near us. My goal is to help them, to do this, I created a Discord Server for Translators. We can share files there, and help out each other. If Jason joins, i will make him an administrator (if anyone tries to impersonate Jason, i will ban him) Feel free to suggest things that i should add!

Invite link: https://discord.gg/nSvp4he

Sorry for the spam, but not everyone is subscribed to the same topic, so i will post this in every topic.

Discord: Translators' Server, Thexus#3774
Working again on translations, oof

Board footer