One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-02 01:18:49

Mushroom

Bricks and beams

Remember the house in the OHOL trailer? I think we should have some resources to get a bit closer to it.

Since the temperature overhaul update buildings have gotten more significant meaning, but when you look at the update history it is one of the least developed branches of civilization in the game. We need to have more ways to get houses. Cheaper ways. Of course adobe is quite common way to set buildings up, but IMO it looks a bit primitive. One can argue that it can be plastered and painted now, however nobody ever does it on much bigger scale than a few walls/one building.

What I'm trying to say is that we need a cheap way to set up buildings as the village/town advances. We have the motivation now - the temperature, now we just need the recources that are not so easy to get in an Eve camp, but easly affordable in big towns. I am not sure how to do that, but I have a few ideas what we could use to build walls and set up big towns:

- BRICKS; everyone would love to have a house made of bricks. There was a thread posted not long ago about new ovens/fireplaces for maintaining heat in a more efficient way - we could use bricks made of clay not only to build walls but also fireplaces.

- CONCRETE; we could use a mix of clay, sand and water in a special tool to make it - the ancient Romans already had it so why can't we?

- BEAMS; as in the trailer, we could make beams out of yew shafts (and give them more use) to make staging for walls that can later be filled with boards to make walls which can be painted later with different colours. This one could pretty much solve the issue with advanced builings not be accesable for early game camps and easly affordable for advanced civs. Also we could use iron nails to attach them to each other.

There are just my ideas. You can post your ideas and opinions here smile

Last edited by Mushroom (2019-03-02 01:20:51)

Dickbutt

#2 2019-03-02 01:31:25

DestinyCall

Re: Bricks and beams

I'd be cool with hide tents.   Let me live like a mongul.

#3 2019-03-02 15:47:47

NetherCrow
Website

Need building but we urgently to see some basic tech content update.

Nice Idea! I like the Concrete and brick! But we need a way to make more clay.

Chinese Mobile Players are the best griefer around the world. I am ashamed of them. They invent the auto-baby-killer and grave-baby-prison to avoid Others Break their Eve Chain. And the griefer use bear and bow to kill every eve player for their REVENGE. All animal and kiln are killed or destroyed because of envy and hatred.

#4 2019-03-02 15:52:11

PeaGirl

Yew branches as beams?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBiu4sVvkQZHpk0O9swVUpJzlXBiMulReOdrxJMPNulcz6kQ6R

Sounds like a durable solution.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#5 2019-03-02 17:24:19

Mushroom

I just wanted to make yew branches more useful xD but it was just an idea but you got some points there. Always could use good ol' straight shafts.

Dickbutt

Board footer