One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-27 13:51:31

NetherCrow
Website

LOOK AT THE NEW CONTENT! It's the best update these months!

We now can plant juniper and stack the limestone.

And Lots of bugs and incorrect features had been fixed.

I love this update! And we(MAYBE Just I) want more update like it!

Chinese Mobile Players are the best griefer around the world. I am ashamed of them. They invent the auto-baby-killer and grave-baby-prison to avoid Others Break their Eve Chain. And the griefer use bear and bow to kill every eve player for their REVENGE. All animal and kiln are killed or destroyed because of envy and hatred.

#2 2019-02-27 15:02:13

futurebird

Re: LOOK AT THE NEW CONTENT! It's the best update these months!

Yaaaaas stacking. When we can stack carrots I will cry. But limestone is good.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-02-27 23:36:22

voy178

Oww, more details, please.

#4 2019-02-28 00:24:45

Daffex

Best one was the snowball fix.

By Far.

I prefer to call my children after final fantasy characters.
- Love making sauerkraut! - Hate letting kids die.

I miss surnames. Remember surnames?

#5 2019-02-28 00:33:42

breezeknight

NetherCrow wrote:

We now can plant juniper and stack the limestone.

And Lots of bugs and incorrect features had been fixed.

I love this update! And we(MAYBE Just I) want more update like it!

W O W !!! yikes

futurebird wrote:

Yaaaaas stacking. When we can stack carrots I will cry. But limestone is good.

it's doubtful i will cry but i will gladly update my wish list & maybe play few hours again big_smile

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-02-28 00:35:29)

#6 2019-02-28 00:52:45

Spoonwood

I like both of those.  Don't see how... wait a second... massive juniper fields actually could be a problem.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2019-02-28 06:12:16

BladeWoods

I love this update, it seems like Jason is spending all his time this week fixing issues.

#8 2019-02-28 06:28:17

InSpace

Stack carrots plz

#9 2019-02-28 07:12:49

Tarr
Banned

Spoonwood wrote:

I like both of those.  Don't see how... wait a second... massive juniper fields actually could be a problem.

>Griefing by planting a bunch of trees you could make into firewood.

Please griefers do this, I sure would hate having firewood everywhere.

fug it’s Tarr.

#10 2019-02-28 07:25:37

Dodge

Tarr wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

kek

My favorites atm :

"Fed shorn sheep make dung"

No more yelling at noobs for shearing last sheep.

and "Dry deep wells can have diesel pumps installed."

can have diesel pump in the center of village instead of 50 tiles away from farm

#11 2019-02-28 07:40:15

ryanb
Website

Looks like Jason is going through a bunch of GitHub issues with this update. I added an issue for stackable carrots:

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLifeData7/issues/179

And another one for more seed bowls:

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLifeData7/issues/180

I don’t like to use the issue tracker for non-bugs, but these are inconsistencies with other items and seem to be universally wanted.

One Hour One Life Crafting Reference
https://onetech.info/

#12 2019-02-28 08:02:45

BladeWoods

The github issues isn't just for bugs. It's not for suggestions but you can post content problems on it. I'm not sure if stackable carrots count.

But I wonder if shorn sheep producing dung will create problems with excessive amounts of dung filling up the town. We'll see.

#13 2019-02-28 10:05:41

Oblong

Cool how snowballs can’t really be exploited anymore but at the same time I don’t really enjoy how snowballs can’t kill anymore as there’s probably no longer a way to kill off a griefer other than getting something bloody and starving because the town doesn’t care to feed you.

Of course there’s always... Not feeding the griefer but there’s either people bound to feed them not knowing what happened or the griefer being full enough to survive on their remaining pips.

Last edited by Oblong (2019-02-28 10:05:59)

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#14 2019-02-28 10:37:24

Peremptive

Oblong wrote:

Cool how snowballs can’t really be exploited anymore but at the same time I don’t really enjoy how snowballs can’t kill anymore as there’s probably no longer a way to kill off a griefer other than getting something bloody and starving because the town doesn’t care to feed you.

Of course there’s always... Not feeding the griefer but there’s either people bound to feed them not knowing what happened or the griefer being full enough to survive on their remaining pips.

you are probably the griefer if you want to kill silently.

#15 2019-02-28 11:16:21

Oblong

Peremptive wrote:

you are probably the griefer if you want to kill silently.

Or maybe I want to get rid of someone who’s been doing shit without drawing too much attention. I kept telling people about a guy who kept purposely hiding tools and the oil tanks. No one listened. I stab the guy? Now people flock and curse me.

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#16 2019-02-28 15:07:35

ryanb
Website

I believe snowballs will still be deadly in the sense that the victim is disarmed and cold so they might starve to death. What is fixed is the instant death from being hit by 4 snowballs which resulted in the “killed by snowball” death message.

One Hour One Life Crafting Reference
https://onetech.info/

#17 2019-03-01 04:02:59

NetherCrow
Website

Now It's the best update this year. I see so many bugs had been fixed.

Chinese Mobile Players are the best griefer around the world. I am ashamed of them. They invent the auto-baby-killer and grave-baby-prison to avoid Others Break their Eve Chain. And the griefer use bear and bow to kill every eve player for their REVENGE. All animal and kiln are killed or destroyed because of envy and hatred.

#18 2019-03-01 13:58:17

Spoonwood

Tarr wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

It seems to me that you're encouraging a bad habit.  There's three problems.  Unless I'm misunderstanding something about trees.

1. Trees can block movement.  So, theoretically a village could get trapped by trees if all the axes OR shovels, and iron, also got moved outside of the village (or put inside of a room that no one can get into).  Junipers don't differ from other trees in this respect though, so this change doesn't make griefing more easy via that method

2. Trees that don't get rewatered are useless.  So, shears, soil, and water can get wasted by tree planting.  Junipers again don't differ from other trees in that respect, so again I don't think this change affects griefing potential.

3. Junipers don't yield butt logs, while most other types do.  This change does affect things with respect to griefing then.  Theoretically one person can plant massive juniper fields.  Then someone else can go along and hack up all of the junipers.  Since the amount of firewood among chopped trees is the same for trees that yield firewood (unless I've misunderstood this part about trees), massive juniper fields for tree cutting thus will yield fewer resources than say massive pine fields.  Thus massive juniper fields could be less efficient than massive fields of other tree types.

3. comes as the problem I had in mind.  When I think about, I doubt it would be game-breaking, and many other griefer's tactics probably come as a lot worse.  So, I've probably worried about something rather inconsequential.  But, still, at the very least, massive juniper fields for tree cutting aren't as good as other fields of trees for tree cutting.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#19 2019-03-01 14:29:34

Tarr
Banned

1. Trees can block movement.  So, theoretically a village could get trapped by trees if all the axes OR shovels, and iron, also got moved outside of the village (or put inside of a room that no one can get into).  Junipers don't differ from other trees in this respect though, so this change doesn't make griefing more easy via that method

People didn't even go through with snowball walling off a city before and most walled cities didn't ever get finished. The only time walled cities occurred is when someone really cared to do it so you have a lot of faith trolls are going to waste their whole lives to put up a bunch of trees (which can be cut down and the stumps dug). Seems like you're worrying about something super silly.

2. Trees that don't get rewatered are useless.  So, shears, soil, and water can get wasted by tree planting.  Junipers again don't differ from other trees in that respect, so again I don't think this change affects griefing potential.

Who is even doing this? Most trees that don't get watered are by some old person who waters trees too late in their life to be able to tend to them the second time needed. That's just someone being too slow to fix up the kindling farm since you can't trust people to not chop down the trees for firewood as soon as you have to walk 10 tiles away for firewood.

3. Junipers don't yield butt logs, while most other types do.  This change does affect things with respect to griefing then.  Theoretically one person can plant massive juniper fields.  Then someone else can go along and hack up all of the junipers.  Since the amount of firewood among chopped trees is the same for trees that yield firewood (unless I've misunderstood this part about trees), massive juniper fields for tree cutting thus will yield fewer resources than say massive pine fields.  Thus massive juniper fields could be less efficient than massive fields of other tree types.

Buildings aren't very useful, so that means flooring is also generally not useful. Sure you need some level of butt logs for carts/boxes but that generally isn't an issue a village has. You generally get to a place where people will start cutting branch trees for firewood instead of taking a cart and hitting up the preferred firewood trees (pine, dead, swamp.) At best you would know this is a firewood farm unlike kindling farms which get axed because people are lazy.

3. comes as the problem I had in mind.  When I think about, I doubt it would be game-breaking, and many other griefer's tactics probably come as a lot worse.  So, I've probably worried about something rather inconsequential.  But, still, at the very least, massive juniper fields for tree cutting aren't as good as other fields of trees for tree cutting.

Trolls and griefers are lazy. There are much easier and more efficient griefs in game than just planting a bunch of random trees and caring for them.

fug it’s Tarr.

#20 2019-03-01 16:51:41

Grim_Arbiter

Tarr wrote:

People didn't even go through with snowball walling off a city before and most walled cities didn't ever get finished. The only time walled cities occurred is when someone really cared to do it so you have a lot of faith trolls are going to waste their whole lives to put up a bunch of trees (which can be cut down and the stumps dug). Seems like you're worrying about something super silly.

Who is even doing this? Most trees that don't get watered are by some old person who waters trees too late in their life to be able to tend to them the second time needed. That's just someone being too slow to fix up the kindling farm since you can't trust people to not chop down the trees for firewood as soon as you have to walk 10 tiles away for firewood.

Buildings aren't very useful, so that means flooring is also generally not useful. Sure you need some level of butt logs for carts/boxes but that generally isn't an issue a village has. You generally get to a place where people will start cutting branch trees for firewood instead of taking a cart and hitting up the preferred firewood trees (pine, dead, swamp.) At best you would know this is a firewood farm unlike kindling farms which get axed because people are lazy.

Trolls and griefers are lazy. There are much easier and more efficient griefs in game than just planting a bunch of random trees and caring for them.

Agreed, the juniper fields would be a delightful grief in my eyes. The best fix for greifers with these fixes wasn't even the snow balls or snowman changes, but the salt water bucket being labeled. The best grief I still have ever seen was when someone filled all the buckets with salt water right as all of the food cycle needed water the most and nobody noticed until ot was way too late. I was afraid to even talk about it, for fearing that people would do it.

Last edited by Grim_Arbiter (2019-03-01 16:52:40)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#21 2019-03-01 17:39:12

BlueDiamondAvatar

I'm with Grim,
The worst griefing tool was saltwater buckets and bowls.  I would quietly waste my precious "experienced player" time finding the ice hole to put these back, and never complaining about it on the forums for fear of the problem getting worse.

I'm too busy being excited about the chance to plant juniper in useful places to worry about the possibility of people griefing with planting them.  I've lived through a town losing all the surrounding juniper to a griefer, and having the location of the closest juniper tree be one of those bits of information passed down through the generations.  Being able to plant Juniper also means I can cut down the Juniper tree hogging the ideal spot for my pen building without worrying about adding to the one way loss of Juniper access.

Soooo happy about this update!

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#22 2019-03-01 18:40:04

breezeknight

why is this merry message about all the small stuff finding its way into the game finally turning to a fruitless discussion about griefing again ?

seeds in bowls, even gooseberry seeds in bowls, dang it yikes

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-03-01 18:40:58)

Board footer