One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-08 00:18:15

Zednosius

[Suggestion] Container interactions

Hi Jason,
I have two suggestions that I think would reduce the "fiddliness" of doing certain things.
Maybe you've already thought about these, but in case you haven't here they are.

First, to be able to pick up items from baskets that are in carts.

Say I want to eat a carrot, which is in a basket in a cart.
To do that right now, one would need to do the following:
Pick up the basket.
Put it down somewhere.
Pick up the carrot and eat it.
Pick up the basket.
Put it down in the cart.

It would be so much simpler if you could just hover your mouse over one of the carrots, click and it's picked up immediately.

:edit for illustration:
Let me pick up my carrot directly.
eW5xGpH.png

Second, would be to 'use' items from containers.
Right now, the only actual use I can think of would be to put another arrow to your bow directly from your backpack instead of having to put the bow down and get the arrow out.

I'm not sure how possible these things are within the engine, but if they could be done I'm sure they'd be greatly appreciated.
(and if it's not, maybe you could space items out in baskets, would make filling three water pouches a lot smoother.)
The rest of my fellow forum members are welcome to chime in with their thoughts as well ofc smile

Last edited by Zednosius (2018-03-08 00:41:54)

#2 2018-03-08 00:22:46

Uncle Gus

Re: [Suggestion] Container interactions

Your first suggestion is already in game.

#3 2018-03-08 00:30:30

Zednosius

Uncle Gus wrote:

Your first suggestion is already in game.

If you can pick up a carrot from a basket in a cart i'd like video evidence big_smile, i only ever see 'basket' on my tooltip. Trying to hover over a carrot just goes outside the bounding box for the cart.

#4 2018-03-08 00:35:39

Uncle Gus

Oh, right, basket in cart.

#5 2018-03-08 06:35:08

NIKS YMNI GNIL WARK

i think a right clickbinterraction pop up would be useful like in rimworld or other games

#6 2018-03-08 08:21:15

ameliewilde

I definitely agree with this suggestion. It is also pain in the ass for some reason, to pick and put stuff back to a backpack. I somethimes have to click 5 times before it works.

#7 2018-03-08 17:02:25

KRN

ameliewilde wrote:

... It is also pain in the ass for some reason, to pick and put stuff back to a backpack.

Especially if u have "LONG Beatifull Hair" that almost Completely Coveres ur Backpack (soo u almost cannot Click it(backpack), much less See whats IN it sad)

I would suggest having X*rectangles in the upper part of @Storages, nicely separated soo u can click them instead of the items (esentially sellecting which one to pick without aiming for about 2 yrs)

#8 2018-03-08 17:14:55

ned

KRN wrote:
ameliewilde wrote:

... It is also pain in the ass for some reason, to pick and put stuff back to a backpack.

Especially if u have "LONG Beatifull Hair" that almost Completely Coveres ur Backpack (soo u almost cannot Click it(backpack), much less See whats IN it sad)

I too have experienced this annoyance. It is very annoying.

Well buenos-ding-dong-doodly-dias!

#9 2018-03-08 17:26:37

coderone

ameliewilde wrote:

I definitely agree with this suggestion. It is also pain in the ass for some reason, to pick and put stuff back to a backpack. I somethimes have to click 5 times before it works.

+1 to this suggestion

Also for the backpack. You need to hover and move your mouse around until it says "Backpack" on your selector bar. Yes it is a pain. Maybe Jason could introduce bar on the right side showing items in your hand/basket/backpack. Clicking this item gives you action items. Hand(put in backpack, eat, drop), Backpack(put in hand, eat, drop), etc

#10 2018-03-08 17:31:08

xoomorg

I have found that it's easier to interact with the backpack if I only right-click to add/remove things.  In most situations, accidentally right-clicking on the wrong thing has fewer unintended side effects than left-clicking.  (Backpacks and other containers for some reason allow you to put objects in either by left OR right-clicking...)

#11 2018-03-23 14:11:03

KRN

ye the Controls need a Rework

also suggestions should go elsewhere wink
Main Forum -> Sticky: How to make suggestions by jasonrohrer

Board footer