One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-24 12:06:14

futurebird

What is the roughest start you have survived?

I was born to eve, she was looking for a spot running around fed me, but ran out of food and died, my hair grew a moment later and I lived to 60

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3566860

Pity I was a guy. That was the end. I made a little starter area for anyone who might pass through.

In another life Eve died right after I was born, I had an older sister who had just got her hair and she tried to feed me. We ran from berry bush to berry bush together.

But then we couldn't find another bush and she ran off, don't blame her. Maybe she made it.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#2 2019-02-24 12:31:39

Greep

Re: What is the roughest start you have survived?

Had a dying town filled with a bunch of no-lastnames all called tyrone.  The town literally had one piece of food left that I grabbed and ran off with as I bolted way out of town, then almost starved because everything in a mile radius was foraged.

I kinda feel bad, as I grabbed the food, the boy in front of me starved a moment later and he was grabbing for it too :_(

Last edited by Greep (2019-02-24 13:54:20)

Likes sword based eve names.  Claymore, blades, sword.  Never understimate the blades!

#3 2019-02-24 14:06:40

wondaland

futurebird wrote:

I was born to eve, she was looking for a spot running around fed me, but ran out of food and died, my hair grew a moment later and I lived to 60

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3566860

Pity I was a guy. That was the end. I made a little starter area for anyone who might pass through.

In another life Eve died right after I was born, I had an older sister who had just got her hair and she tried to feed me. We ran from berry bush to berry bush together.

But then we couldn't find another bush and she ran off, don't blame her. Maybe she made it.

I had a similar experience except I was a girl. Eve was raising me and a brother, not long after I grew hair and started foraging baby bro ran up saying "mom, ded" I tried feed him but managing his tiny food bar and my own provide too hard. I lived to 57 though had a bunch of boys and a single baby girl that suicided... sad times.

Mom and bros bone piles haunted me throughout that life... It was surprisingly emotional.

In another life my mom died not long after I was born. Her mother (eve) was still alive but old so she carted me from berry Bush to berry Bush to keep us alive. Very grateful for that one. smile

#4 2019-02-24 14:15:59

WalrusesConquer

My mom was an eve and went afk after she had me. I tried to feed her and my brothers but they died. It was just me. My mom hadn't set up anything and the spot wasn't great (only one pond) but I didn't have the luxury of moving. I set up the tools and my sons did the rest. Like ALL the rest, smithing everything, while I raised kids.

I only had one girl before I also got bit by the same snake.
That line lasted for 50 generations!!

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#5 2019-02-24 15:18:47

happynova

I've had a lot of rough starts.  One I remember was similar to one of yours, futurebird.  Mom had me and immediately died, and my sister, who was only just a little older than me, kept me alive by feeding me berries.  I think mom wasn't an Eve, just had the kids away from home,  because there was a small settlement nearby that we were able to get to.  But it wasn't exactly thriving.  Not very advanced, not too much food.

I then proceeded to have fifteen kids.  Fifteen!  And my dear, sweet, soft-hearted sister tried to feed every one of them.  This didn't go all that well; I lived, but the family didn't.  Sigh.

I also seem to remember that at least once I had a mom die on me immediately due to an animal bite and tell me which direction to run to get to her town, and actually made it and got fed.  Usually when that happenes, you die before you get there.

#6 2019-02-24 16:04:55

WomanWizard

I've told this story before, but here it is again because it stuck out to me just how close of a call it was.

Back when temp running was a thing, I was born to a second gen mom who I think was relatively new. We were in a green noob camp with some super basic tools but nothing else going for it. Mom carried me around doing usual confused new player things like picking milkweed and trying to use it on burdock, picking a branch off of a tree and holding it for a moment before simply putting it down.

She was slowly moving out of the green biome and soon I found her running through the snow where, no surprise, she had a panic moment and dropped me in the snow to go look for some emergency food. I didn't know if she was coming back so I stood there for a second near her basket just in case. But it was cold and I didn't want to die so I toddled a little south and luckily found a tiny patch of desert where I stood and waited patiently for mom to return.

She didn't return. I stood there hoping maybe I would grow hair in time to feed myself but I knew that even if I did I was going to starve looking for food since I was in the middle of the tundra. In a last ditch effort I temp ran back in the direction of the camp and ran in circles around a berry bush to keep perfect temp until I grew hair. I was on my last hunger pip for a painfully long time before I eventually grew my hair and ate that long awaited berry.

Anyway, not to drag the story out too much, I grew into adulthood and later found that my uncle had been diligently creating his own camp in a spot that actually made sense. When I showed up with my first baby he was ecstatic. Apparently he'd been hoping someone had survived and I went on to populate his camp with my babies, telling all of them about their heroic uncle who built everything they saw just for us. After a lonely life of building a camp and not knowing if it was going to be worth anything, my uncle died surrounded by family who loved and thanked him for everything he did.

A close second to that life would be when I was born into a dying berry field to a mother who was on murder cooldown. My uncle grabbed me and ran me into the wild where he eventually put me down and explained that my mother was a griefer who had murdered all the women in town as well as destroyed the food supply. I was the last girl.

He fed me berries until I was old enough to take care of myself and took me back to camp where my mother was no longer standing around. She must have died somewhere because I worked my butt off to revive the bushes and she didn't show up to stab me. Being the only girl I got kitted out in all of the best clothes and was able to load my backpack with wild food while we revived the farms.

I repopulated that town and later in the day was born back into it to find them trying to make a rail. It was right after the rail update so the train was getting a lot of attention. I was just glad to see that the family was still alive.

#7 2019-02-24 18:32:10

lindasek

I had a few situations when my mother died before I was able to feed myself and somehow made it. But, the best one I think was when i was born as a man to an Eve.
She had a few kids, including girls, but everyone but me, Eve and one of my sisters died. And then, my sister went 'braindead' (disconnected). She was in a good spot (warm) which at first made me think she's just looking at wiki or something. Then my mother came from rabbit farm and was old. She only saw me went /sad and said 'no more babies we are doomed' and then ran off to get more rabbits. She never came back. I ran to my sister and fed her a banana. Then kept on coming back and feeding her a banana every 30-60 seconds. Then, as I was forging, I heard a cry. A baby cry! I ran towards it, and there was a baby running around my braindead sister! I grabbed the babe, run to a berry farm and fed it. Then I told it that his ma is braindead and I will take care of him. My braindead sister had four more babies: three girls and two boys in total. Most were new and died from fever, two of the girls survived to have more babies. One died shortly after having her first (so I berry fed it just as I did her). The second one was an experienced player and lived long enough to give me plenty of grand nephews and nieces. I died surrounded by family. We survived 11 generations!

Board footer