One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-02-24 00:48:14

WomanWizard

Re: Shift + Delete Does Not Seem to Cause Instant Death at Any Age

I'm sorry you lost a function of the Awbz mod that you enjoyed using, but the fact is that it was being abused by some mod users in a way that caused others to take notice, negatively. Do you know how frustrating it is to have most of your babies shift-del on you when you're one of few women left in your town/camp? So many of these kids could be slash dying on us and giving us the chance of having another baby, but they choose the mod function instead of the in-game intended feature that works in a way that doesn't negatively impact other players. Yes, there were people who were using the feature in a way that made sense, like to come back as a different gender, but unfortunately not all mod users were using it this way and as a result it needed to be removed.

Jason is within his rights to enforce his vision of his game, even if it means that a mod loses a feature that it used to have. In the end, people are paying Jason for access to these servers, not Awbz. Feel free to create your own server that allows people to shift-del out of whatever they want, but don't force it on the rest of us.

#27 2019-02-24 00:56:13

JoshuaN

What if you want to die but someone has you in a prison like setting? They're force feeding you to keep you alive but you no longer want to continue that life? Are you going to have to wait out an entire real life hour to play again? I think suicide should be an option. Besides we don't really jail griefers.. we just kill and curse them right? We don't really have the means to entrap a griefer and force feed them anyway. /Die is excellent for babies and the two minute timer for slower computers is great... I still don't like the idea that it would be possible for someone to keep you hostage for an hour. This would be considered "disruptive behavior" and is perma-ban worthy in other online games. I think we should have the option to choose between continuing a life and moving on to the next even in a prison setting. I'd rather a 'terminate' button be added to the game as a feature than being part of a mod. Like.. instead of "press % to quit" which effectively is only a Disconnect. There could be a 2nd hotkey to 'terminate' your life.

Some people only play a few hours a day, it would be extremely annoying to find out they've been born into a prison and are being force fed for an entire hour. If given the mechanics to do it i'm sure griefers would attempt a prison like this just for the sake of trolling.

btw, i'm totally fine with jason's decision to remove the shift+del awbz "feature/exploit," whatever your terminology. It IS his decision to make afterall as owner of the server and creator of the game. It was very convenient though, have to say i used it almost impulsively instead of /die because it had its own hotkey. It would be nice if /die had a hotkey too though.

1 keystroke > 5 keystroke. Who even uses more than one finger on a keyboard at a time anyway...

Last edited by JoshuaN (2019-02-24 01:18:14)

Sustenance~   ( ・・)つ―{}@{}@{}-

#28 2019-02-24 01:25:21

Jk Howling

Spoonwood wrote:

Okay so.. lets google the definition of exploit, shall we?

y4sGwy9.png

And I quote. "The use of a bug or flaw in game design to a player's advantage or to the disadvantage of other players." Hmm. Fascinating.

What did the Awbz mod do exactly, lets see... it took a flaw* in the game's design in which, if a malformed message is received by the server, it kills you. Then it bound a hotkey to automatically send malformed messages to the server on command, resulting in instant death. What is this, you might ask? An exploit. Otherwise known as "the use of a flaw in the game to a player's advantage."

No mention of it being allowed or not allowed, legal or illegal, what have you. Morally in most cases they're frowned upon. In this game, where it's open-source and mods are not only permitted but encouraged, sure they're fine.. unless the creator takes issue with them.

Because funfact, did you know the creator's opinion takes priority over a modders? Shocking, I know. You keep screeching about the modders rights to edit the game how they wish. Yes, they have the right. As does the CREATOR and DEVELOPER of the game to make changes to prevent these exploits from being used on the main servers, no? He has just as might right as any of the modders, if not moreso, to adjust his game how he wishes to better fit his vision.

Nothing's stopping Awbz from coming up with a new way for instant death, nor is anything stopping him from implementing this on his own private servers [except maybe coding/engine limitations.] But Jason has every right to remove this """""feature""""" from his own servers. Just has he has every right to remove and tweak other features and exploits players might've been abusing- such as desert borders.

Does everyone want or agree with this? No. But it's not their game. It's Jason's game. They can take the code and adjust things however they'd like to. Proof of this exists, with both the mobile version and Two Hours One Life. Unfortunately for them, they have to do this with their own servers, and whatever playerbase they might garner, not Jason's.

Also, another definition factcheck for you:

TiFgaNG.png

Yes it's completely possible to misuse a machine, an exploit, authority, all sorts of non-sentient things. Misuse of a firearm, for example, would be using it to hang your hats on. You could misuse a glitch in Minecraft to duplicate items in Survival Mode, for another example. In this case, Awbz is misusing a malformed message error to insta-kill players on command.

And please stop bringing up "well suicide irl can be instant reee" as it's not helping your case. For one, with our current technology, our only way of suicide would be via knife. Which isn't instant. Quite the contrary. Also, I agree with what others have said: suicide is not an integral part of the game, nor should it be. If Jason wanted that within his game, he would've given us the ability to stab ourselves with a knife eons ago.

Edit: *rewording

Last edited by Jk Howling (2019-02-24 01:26:08)

-Has ascended to better games-

#29 2019-02-24 02:07:36

Peremptive

Most exploits are things like wallhacks, going out of bounds to reach checkpoints, stuff like that which gives you an advantage over others in competitive games or that breaks the game in a clear way. Calling using biome boundaries and temp averaging, features expressly coded in the game, an exploit, is ridiculous. Even Jason ended up putting it in quotation marks, and he explained it as not having the time to overhaul temperatures when hot biomes were added. If you add a gun to a game, and people use it to shoot, is it an exploit because you didn't want them to? If you add hot areas, and people use them for heat, is that an exploit ffs?

#30 2019-02-24 03:35:49

Jk Howling

Peremptive wrote:

Most exploits are things like wallhacks, going out of bounds to reach checkpoints, stuff like that which gives you an advantage over others in competitive games or that breaks the game in a clear way. Calling using biome boundaries and temp averaging, features expressly coded in the game, an exploit, is ridiculous. Even Jason ended up putting it in quotation marks, and he explained it as not having the time to overhaul temperatures when hot biomes were added. If you add a gun to a game, and people use it to shoot, is it an exploit because you didn't want them to? If you add hot areas, and people use them for heat, is that an exploit ffs?

This is why I specifically said "features and exploits players might be abusing." Features and exploits. I never said that biome boundaries and temp averaging was an exploit specifically. It's just a mechanic that people were abusing. Though I guess, again by definition, it could be considered a flaw within the system that people were using to their advantage.. thus why it was eventually fixed.

Regardless, I don't consider them quite on the same level. There feels a difference, if slight, between the two scenarios, though I couldn't quite name what exactly. Perhaps because one has been known and implemented by the creator for awhile, and he intended to change it from the get-go, while the other was discovered and only became a thing because of a second developer's mod.

Regardless, I intended that more as an example of a mechanic being used in a way he clearly wasn't happy with and ended up reworking in order to better fit his idea for the game. I wasn't really calling it an exploit itself, just another feature that got reworked as he clearly didn't want us using it as we were.

#31 2019-02-24 10:10:52

Spoonwood

WomanWizard wrote:

Do you know how frustrating it is to have most of your babies shift-del on you when you're one of few women left in your town/camp?

There's no way for me to know how frustrating that was for you.  But, I didn't find that anymore frustrating any more than /die.

WomanWizard wrote:

Jason is within his rights to enforce his vision of his game, even if it means that a mod loses a feature that it used to have. In the end, people are paying Jason for access to these servers, not Awbz. Feel free to create your own server that allows people to shift-del out of whatever they want, but don't force it on the rest of us.

I don't think I said anything about Jason not being within his rights.  I also don't know how I or anyone else would force it on everyone else.  So, I don't know why you're worried about that.

Jk Howling wrote:

And I quote. "The use of a bug or flaw in game design to a player's advantage or to the disadvantage of other players." Hmm. Fascinating.

Dictionaries often get written on the basis of how words have gotten used before.  So, that definition is no surprise and rather boring.  That said, I still don't agree with that definition.

Jk Howling wrote:

What did the Awbz mod do exactly, lets see... it took a flaw* in the game's design in which, if a malformed message is received by the server, it kills you.

The computer ran as it was instructed to run.  The game is a computer program.  So, no, it did not take a flaw in the game design.  Precisely because computers don't make mistakes.

Jk Howling wrote:

Then it bound a hotkey to automatically send malformed messages to the server on command, resulting in instant death. What is this, you might ask? An exploit.

No.  Even granting your definition of 'exploit', that doesn't work.  The Awbz mod came as *intended* to have that feature.  The Awbz mod was NOT flawed nor bugged by running that way.

Jk Howling wrote:

No mention of it being allowed or not allowed, legal or illegal, what have you. Morally in most cases they're frowned upon.

Morally speaking people should use all the advantages in games that they choose to which do not harm other players.  Anything else suggests that they should not have as much control over how they play as they like.  Other players were not harmed by "shift + delete", since not having a child in this game does not cause harm.

Jk Howling wrote:

In this game, where it's open-source and mods are not only permitted but encouraged, sure they're fine.. unless the creator takes issue with them.

No.  The creator can disagree with a mods use as making for 'good play'.  But, they are still fine, since the game is open-source and thus there exists nothing prohibiting the use of mods.

Jk Howling wrote:

Because funfact, did you know the creator's opinion takes priority over a modders?

No, it doesn't.  So long as a program comes as constant, the actions of a mod of that program can take priority over the constant game.  I think Jason has stated before that he doesn't like the zoom out feature (or at least, I think, that was his opinion at one point in time... if he didn't, that is my error for ascribing to him something he didn't say).  Does his *opinion* take priority over Awbz's opinion?  No, because Awbz's zoom feature takes priority over nearsightedness for anyone using Awbz's mod.

Also, mods come after a game's design.  So, a modder can influence gameplay more than the original game designer.

Jk Howling wrote:

Just has he has every right to remove and tweak other features and exploits players might've been abusing- such as desert borders.

There is no way to abuse or misuse an intimate object.  The game was not abused by people settling on desert edges.  Consequently, people were not abusing anything by settling on desert borders.  Imagining that the game creates a world, they were using nature to their advantage.  It isn't abuse to go to a warm beach in the real world.  Nor was it abuse to settle on a desert/swamp border before the dreadful temperature downgrade.

Jk Howling wrote:

Does everyone want or agree with this? No. But it's not their game. It's Jason's game.

The game is open-source, consequently, no it is not purely Jason's property.

Jk Howling wrote:

Misuse of a firearm, for example, would be using it to hang your hats on.

Hanging a hat on a firearm is a perfectly valid use of such.

Jk Howling wrote:

And please stop bringing up "well suicide irl can be instant reee" as it's not helping your case. For one, with our current technology, our only way of suicide would be via knife.

No.  Big hard rocks exist.  So do stone roads.  Suicide by knife takes less than one year in real life.

Preemptive wrote:

Most exploits are things like wallhacks, going out of bounds to reach checkpoints, stuff like that which gives you an advantage over others in competitive games or that breaks the game in a clear way. Calling using biome boundaries and temp averaging, features expressly coded in the game, an exploit, is ridiculous.

I agree with the part about competitive games.  That isn't a game getting abused precisely speaking, it's other people getting mistreated (the person who should have won the Tour De France, for example, though not a video game it's still an artificial competition... got abused by Lance Armstrong drugging himself... while cycling didn't get abused).  The unfairness lies in how other people get treated.  Other people were not getting abused by the old temperature system though, as the game does not have a competitive nature... not in itself at least.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#32 2019-02-24 13:34:30

Dodge

Jk Howling wrote:

Misuse of a firearm, for example, would be using it to hang your hats on.

Spoonwood wrote:

Hanging a hat on a firearm is a perfectly valid use of such.

"misuse
verb [ T ] UK   /ˌmɪsˈjuːz/ US   /ˌmɪsˈjuːz/

to use something in an unsuitable way or in a way that was not intended "

So you're saying firearm's intended purpose are to hang hats?

lol

NO, it's something you can do but it's not the INTENDED use for it, hence it's a misuse by definition

Anyway playing with words doesn't make what your saying more right.

Did shift+delete reset birth cooldown?

NO

Can you have prisoners if you can just shift+delete?

NO

As a baby you can use /die and as an eve you can find snakes, boars, wolfs, mosquitoes etc

Btw if you get bit multiple times you will die faster, usually wont take you more than 20-30 seconds to die from the moment you spawn as eve

Not sure what the big deal is but you're not supposed to be able to instantly die after 2 years old the same way you are not supposed to find a default perfect temperature spot to settle in.

Reason is pretty simple they both prevent gameplay and events that could happen, want to have a prisoner to question him about something that happened in the village, want to interrogate him to know if he's the killer, welp he just shift+delete...

Add better clothes? Or a heating unit that works on gasoline or eletricity? Useless if you can find a perfect spot and just live there

#33 2019-02-24 13:59:39

Spoonwood

Dodge wrote:

I don't agree with your definition.  However, even if I did, that one use of a firearm could be to hang a hat could have gotten intended by the designer of that firearm.  It isn't like people don't design things without multiple uses in mind, and there exist many different types of firearms with many different designers.

Dodge wrote:

Can you have prisoners if you can just shift+delete?

No, because not everyone uses that mod.  Nor will everyone use it in the future.  Additionally, there's no way of knowing what a prisoner would do if imprisoned.

Dodge wrote:

As a baby you can use /die and as an eve you can find snakes, boars, wolfs, mosquitoes etc

All of those methods take longer than "shift + delete" used to.  Players seeking to die thus have become inconvenienced by this.

Dodge wrote:

Not sure what the big deal is but you're not supposed to be able to instantly die after 2 years old the same way you are not supposed to find a default perfect temperature spot to settle in.

On the contrary, Awbz supposed that you should be able to do that.

Dodge wrote:

Reason is pretty simple they both prevent gameplay and events that could happen, want to have a prisoner to question him about something that happened in the village, want to interrogate him to know if he's the killer, welp he just shift+delete...

It isn't like the prisoner has to say anything.  So, no what you say is not a sufficient reason whatsoever.

Dodge wrote:

Add better clothes? Or a heating unit that works on gasoline or eletricity? Useless if you can find a perfect spot and just live there

Nope.  People could choose to live in cold spots with the old system.  A heating unit that runs on gasoline or electricity in the old system or better clothes would have had use for people choosing to live in cold spots.  Thus those thins would have use under the old system, just as clothes had use under the old system.  It isn't like the old system forced anyone to live anywhere.  It just made different spots more enjoyable to live in.  Now, those spots are not so enjoyable.  At least if you can imagine how pleasant your character feels because of its natural environment.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-02-24 14:01:19)

Danish Clinch.

#34 2019-02-24 14:38:52

WalrusesConquer

I decided to suicide today as I was a man alone in a village. STARVING IS EASY.
It is exaggereated about the amount of time it takes.
Also it was a huge punch in the gut to eves. It didn't reset the timer, didn't linage ban you, so for the sake of your own selfishness you ruined other peoples fun. Because you couldn't be bothered taking the three seconds it takes to type /die

Last edited by WalrusesConquer (2019-02-24 14:40:41)

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#35 2019-02-24 14:51:21

WomanWizard

Spoonwood wrote:

I don't think I said anything about Jason not being within his rights.  I also don't know how I or anyone else would force it on everyone else.  So, I don't know why you're worried about that.

Spoonwood wrote:

No.  The creator can disagree with a mods use as making for 'good play'.  But, they are still fine, since the game is open-source and thus there exists nothing prohibiting the use of mods.

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the point you are trying to make here. Do you want the mod feature back or no? Because like I said, Jason is within his rights to make changes to his game on his servers. The mod creators and users are also within their rights to create and use these mods on his servers.

But Jason didn't touch the mod. He changed something within his own game code that the mod was using to create this feature because it's use WAS inconvenient to other players. But you seem to be ignoring this particular complaint in favour of arguing about the misuse of of the words "misuse" and "abuse" which are both being used correctly, by the way. And even if they weren't being used correctly, it doesn't change the point that anyone is trying to make here, so debating their use doesn't help your argument at all.

If you're just frustrated and need to vent, then that's fine and I apologize for getting involved. Please, continue.

#36 2019-02-24 15:13:03

Dodge

Spoonwood wrote:

Spoonwood wrote:

I don't agree with your definition.  However, even if I did, that one use of a firearm could be to hang a hat could have gotten intended by the designer of that firearm.  It isn't like people don't design things without multiple uses in mind, and there exist many different types of firearms with many different designers.

lol  Now it's obvious that you are:

a) Playing dumb
b) Trolling
c) Contradicting by playing with words but not making an actual point

Sorry you're salty about 20-30 seconds, using shift+delete didn't reset birth cooldown and didn't make the possibility for prisons

What do you know if a prisoner has something to say? , you dont.

Cant believe you're using hanging hats on a firearm as an argument lmao

Btw using an actual firearm to hang a hat on it would be a misuse, if a designer makes a firearm with the intent of hanging a hat on it, it would be labeled has "firearm hat hanger" or "hat hanger firearm shaped" or something like that but wouldn't be an actual firarm that was made with an other intent in mind.

Buuut im sure you're going to play with words and maybe say something like "The designer could take an actual firearm and repurpose it has a hat hanger" wink

#37 2019-02-24 18:08:49

Spoonwood

WomanWizard wrote:

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the point you are trying to make here. Do you want the mod feature back or no? Because like I said, Jason is within his rights to make changes to his game on his servers. The mod creators and users are also within their rights to create and use these mods on his servers.

I just want some way to instantly die in the game via Awbz's mod, some other mod, or via Jason's changes to the game.  I think Jason's changing the game to include suicide by default is optimal for his game, but I really don't care how a suicide feature gets implemented.

Danish Clinch.

#38 2019-02-24 18:15:29

Spoonwood

Dodge wrote:

Btw using an actual firearm to hang a hat on it would be a misuse, if a designer makes a firearm with the intent of hanging a hat on it, it would be labeled has "firearm hat hanger" or "hat hanger firearm shaped" or something like that but wouldn't be an actual firarm that was made with an other intent in mind.

Well you may have felt sure, but really you seem overconfident.  I find it pretty simple.  Money trumps a lot of things.  Someone might design something with multiple uses in mind, because potential multiple uses can lead to more profit.  Even if someone designs something for purpose A if it gets used for purpose B, as long as purpose B is not harmful or problematic in some fashion, the designer probably won't object.  It's just another way to market the product or to make money.  Do you think a dress designer who designs them for biological women will object if a drag-queen wears the dress, or will the dress designer think "hey look... another customer!"?  Because, I'm guessing that in most cases, it's the latter.  And if the dress designer tries to prohibit drag-queens from wearing his "women's dresses", he might well lose potential customers in the process.

Danish Clinch.

#39 2019-02-24 18:30:16

Dodge

^ Called it tongue roll

#40 2019-02-24 19:08:41

WomanWizard

Spoonwood wrote:

I just want some way to instantly die in the game via Awbz's mod, some other mod, or via Jason's changes to the game.  I think Jason's changing the game to include suicide by default is optimal for his game, but I really don't care how a suicide feature gets implemented.

I take no issue with this, so long as people aren't using it in place of the slash die command, which was put in place specifically so that player suicide wouldn't inconvenience other players. The mod function as it was, was poorly implemented and resulted in lazy users using it instead of the in game mechanic. Many of them had good reasons for doing so and I therefore think that it's a good thing that Jason took notice and made adjustments to slash die to compensate. But those who weren't using it for good reasons were doing so selfishly at the cost of other people's enjoyment of the game. Jason wasn't just enforcing his vision with this change, but also responding to a major complaint that many players have had with the mod.

Give modders some time to find a solution that doesn't clash with a game feature since I'm sure you're not the only one who wants it. I feel your pain and want you to have a game experience that you enjoy, but remember that other people also want to enjoy the game which makes this issue a bit tricky.

#41 2019-02-24 19:55:30

Spoonwood

I think you have a good suggestion there Wizard.  Thank you for it.

Danish Clinch.

#42 2019-02-24 21:08:42

BladeWoods

This thread is ridiculous, try reading the update that Jason posted? A link to all changes was in that update post, that link describes the change made to /die and using mods to send malformed messages

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLife/ … ngeLog.txt

--If client sends malformed message, we now disconnect them instead of killing
  them.  Related to #194.

--If client sends more than 200 character without sending a message terminator,
  we treat this as a malformed message (to prevent a rogue client from filling
  up the buffer on the server).

--/DIE command now works even if you're not held, and clears mother's birth
  cooldown if she ever picked up up at least once.  Fixes #194

--/DIE command now works up to age 2, to compensate for slow map load times on
  some machines.

Last edited by BladeWoods (2019-02-24 21:09:53)

#43 2019-02-24 21:27:08

Spoonwood

BladeWoods wrote:

--/DIE command now works up to age 2, to compensate for slow map load times on
  some machines.

It's up to age two, not age 60.

Danish Clinch.

#44 2019-02-24 22:47:34

Fae

Well, yeah. It doesn't have to be age 60. Being up to age two gives you all the time you need to decide if you don't want to stay in a village. If you're an adult and don't want to play any longer just legit do what other people do - walk away from the village to starve or get an animal to kill you.

I can understand people playing how they want. That is why I didn't raise a big stink about the Apocalypse even though I wasn't too fond of the idea. But your just wanting a suicide button when we already have means to kill ourselves off - very easily might I add.

Certainly you may find it optimal for a suicide button, but alas as it stands it seems like the developer doesn't want such a thing. And there is nothing wrong with that. I have read through your reasons, but... Many are very extreme. You're not going to be in a village were people are chronic feeders every time. If you end up wanting to leave to do something else then just turn off the game and go! If you are that paranoid about people finding you them literally walk away for ten seconds into the wild. Nobody will bother you.

I am not trying to be rude, Spoonwood. I just don't get why you are being so aggressive about a feature that we can already do, especially when the developer made it clear he doesn't seem fond of the idea.

#45 2019-02-24 23:00:42

Peremptive

idk about hats but resting the helmet on your rifle irl is the best way to drop both heavy pieces of junk after the last officer leaves the camp at 2:30pm.

Last edited by Peremptive (2019-02-24 23:01:06)

#46 2019-02-24 23:51:40

Spoonwood

Fae wrote:

Well, yeah. It doesn't have to be age 60. Being up to age two gives you all the time you need to decide if you don't want to stay in a village. If you're an adult and don't want to play any longer just legit do what other people do - walk away from the village to starve or get an animal to kill you.

You aren't considering Eves. 

Fae wrote:

If you end up wanting to leave to do something else then just turn off the game and go!

As I think got said earlier in the thread, that doesn't kill you though.

Fae wrote:

I am not trying to be rude, Spoonwood. I just don't get why you are being so aggressive about a feature that we can already do, especially when the developer made it clear he doesn't seem fond of the idea.

You can't do such from age 2 to 60, at least so far as I know at present.  What if a family emergency comes up when you're 16 in the game and you just ate an egg with a significant yum bonus, and you were standing on a fire?  Also, I've definitely seen people feed afk women before.  I doubt it's all that rare of a thing.

Danish Clinch.

#47 2019-02-25 00:02:26

Peremptive

if you have to leave the room, why do you care if you die or dc and die later?

there are limited circumstances where ctrl+del was convenient but at most if you want to die you can find a snow/desert tile where people won't feed you and you just have to wait a couple of minutes even as adult.

Last edited by Peremptive (2019-02-25 00:02:47)

#48 2019-02-25 00:54:45

Jk Howling

Spoonwood wrote:

You can't do such from age 2 to 60, at least so far as I know at present.  What if a family emergency comes up when you're 16 in the game and you just ate an egg with a significant yum bonus, and you were standing on a fire?  Also, I've definitely seen people feed afk women before.  I doubt it's all that rare of a thing.

... nothing is stopping you from closing the game. The fact that you disconnect instead of insta-die doesn't stop you from closing the game and tending to the family emergency. The fact that a bunch of pixels connected to your account is still sitting comatose in a server is irrelevant to you leaving the computer to take care of something more important than a videogame.

Edit: added note

Spoonwood wrote:
Fae wrote:

You aren't considering Eves.

Neither of what they listed can't be applied to Eves. They're just as capable as walking onto a snake or taking less than 2 minutes to starve.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2019-02-25 00:56:42)

#49 2019-02-25 01:23:36

Fae

Literally exactly what I suggested applies to Eves too. Like Jk Howling said above, nothing stops you from doing any of that as an Eve. And if you ended up needing to leave then as I said just walk out of town! That is legit all you need to do.

Your reasoning for logging off is because you are going to quit playing for awhile, right? Then if you are so worried that you are going to come back to the computer in less than an hour and see that you are for some reason being fed in a village while afking then walk out of town. If you are that paranoid that somebody will find you and purposely walk all the over to where you are and back just to feed you then hide behind a tree.

#50 2019-02-25 02:37:00

Spoonwood

Jk Howling wrote:

Neither of what they listed can't be applied to Eves. They're just as capable as walking onto a snake or taking less than 2 minutes to starve.

That still takes time.

Fae wrote:

Your reasoning for logging off is because you are going to quit playing for awhile, right?

Nope.  If I spawn in a say a low pop server and want to start my own village, I probably don't want to spawn in the middle of someone else's town.  Or I might not want to see where a stone road lies.

Danish Clinch.

Board footer