One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-22 22:24:20

Goliath

Missed Connections

To all my family & friends that have died and taught me so many things.

Thank you and I miss you. Love you.

Last edited by Goliath (2018-03-22 22:28:33)

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

#2 2018-03-23 06:24:08

nodergak

Re: Missed Connections

To the kid who wandered into my village when I was the last one there, an old man:

I hope you managed to build some cool stuff with your lifetime supply of pies.

#3 2018-03-23 15:43:21

Siolfor the Jackal

There was a guy carrying a cart who got stuck and couldn't move. I was the little girl feeding you carrots. You asked me to bury you in the graveyard and take your stuff. I did. I passed it along to my child. Sorry you got stuck. sad

#4 2018-03-23 17:20:04

denriguez

Mother, you were the last woman in our village of three. My brother stayed behind and farmed, you were baking pies, and I set off with a cart to bring back a girl. I traveled many miles and saw incredible things, but I did not see another human for years. I was eaten by a bear.

#5 2018-03-24 01:46:58

Sirske

Brother, we were the last ones in our village of two. You stayed behind and farmed, eating mom's pies, and I set off with a cart to bring back a wife. I traveled many miles and saw the remains of incredible civilizations, but I did not see another human for years. I was eaten by a bear.

#6 2018-03-24 02:36:47

stickyflypaper

To my daughter, who was a wonderful mother to my grandkids.
I'm so sorry I accidentally killed you with the knife I was trying to give you to keep safe. I felt terrible about it and let myself starve to death after that. I just couldn't go on.

#7 2018-03-24 23:19:58

Bob

stickyflypaper wrote:

To my daughter, who was a wonderful mother to my grandkids.
I'm so sorry I accidentally killed you with the knife I was trying to give you to keep safe. I felt terrible about it and let myself starve to death after that. I just couldn't go on.

Opposite story for me.... Dear Mom, I'm so sorry I stabbed you. You gave both daughters a knife and I accidentally picked up both. When I went to drop the second one I accidentally killed you. A couple years later sister I never met asked where you were, I said sorry and she asked if it was bow guy with wolf hat. I told her I accidentally killed you, and not much later I was shot by an arrow. Not sure if bow guy or sister, but I am so sorry and I will never make this mistake again. Love you

#8 2018-03-25 12:29:04

Kitaelia

To my Uncle who was so kind to show my where to get water at an abandoned civilization in the south.. I found my mom. You were right.. She did die by bear, north of camp. I found the bow next to her body just in time for my own life to be taken by a shot bear.. I hope my daughter survives.

Your OHOL Suggestions and ↑ or ↓'s are appreciated: OneLifeSuggestions Reddit
-Twitter- for Stream announcements & randomness!
-Twitch- to Hang out with me while I play!

#9 2018-03-26 03:09:04

Avalikia

To whomever the kind soul was who created the starter village I found as an Eve - thank you!  Though I never met you, I found your grave - it was fresh enough that I was able to salvage your clothes.  And the farm was just big enough to keep me and my kids fed while we were settling in.  We expanded the farm and were up to our armpits in carrots when I died!  Unfortunately, I don't think any of my daughters survived...  I know at least one of my sons did, though, and I passed on my wolf hat to him - the one I got from you.  And he looked all set to keep improving the village, so at the very least the next time it's found it will be even better!

#10 2018-03-26 12:12:55

Eannatum

I... I killed a young girl... I didn't... It wasn't meant to be done... It... I'm so sorry!! I can never forgive myself! It was my first day as a hunter! I didn't know we could shoot people. Deservedly, i was executed by the murder weapon.

I tell my children, "suck ma mammal juice". Then they do and I get cornūy

#11 2018-03-27 01:06:50

egrigby

denriguez wrote:

Mother, you were the last woman in our village of three. My brother stayed behind and farmed, you were baking pies, and I set off with a cart to bring back a girl. I traveled many miles and saw incredible things, but I did not see another human for years. I was eaten by a bear.

Son, you were greatly missed.  I so loved making pies for you and your brother.  You were a good boy.  Your brother was still farming when I passed.  I gave him the pie recipe.  I know you did your best.

Mom

#12 2018-03-27 03:58:26

denriguez

To the old lady who, when I insisted that 6-wide carrot rows without gaps for baskets is inefficient, said "LOL R U RETARDED USE MORE SPACE FOR CARROTS" and shot me with an arrow, and who killed me again when I immediately respawned in the same place to accuse her of murder one baby letter at a time: have fun spending your lives running across farms carrying single carrots to likely full baskets. Also: you're a mean person.

#13 2018-03-27 04:29:30

Bob

Dear Mom, what happened to you? When I was born you had a wagon and a daughter, we were in the middle of nowhere. You had clothes for me in the wagon as soon as I was born, and had a hard choice to make. "We have to leave it" (the wagon) you told my sister, and you carried me east. We ran berry bush to berry bush, and suddenly you found a gold crown! "Well then" you said, and gave me your hat to replace it with your new shiny toy. We continued east for years, but never found anything. We stopped at a bush yet again, and I suggested we head south. You insisted east, and we continued. Soon I lost you, how did you disappear?? Sister and I eventually changed direction, she had a baby but kept running... I think she was in a starving panic. I picked up my baby niece and told her my story, she was amazed. I ran out of food feeding us both, maybe sister was the wise one. I couldn't let my niece die. I gave her the last berry, and stripped off my clothes. I hope she found you and our royal bloodline continued but I doubt it. Where did you go Mom?

#14 2018-03-30 12:28:54

Siolfor the Jackal

To my daughter, Lilly. I think you accidentally killed me with a bow. I'm not mad, I lived a good life. Just unfortunate is all, I still love you.
To the rest of my children, Jason, Kain, Daisy, and Maggie. You were all great children and I love you very much.

#15 2018-04-03 05:03:40

Siolfor the Jackal

I don't remember your name if you had one(My name was Jack), but you seemed nice and were helpful when I was learning to use the forge to make a crown. I made myself a carrot crown then made you a leaf crown to say thanks. Shame you got murdered by that shitty kid, if it's any consolation they disconnected right after you left, just before I could get revenge.

#16 2018-04-03 05:55:06

Kouyate

To my terrible aunt who watched my grandmother stab my mother in the ceremonious transfer of oops I killed her. That same aunt who tried to starve me. That same aunt who tried to kill me only to place the knife in a basket. That same aunt who chased me and my knife basket to the brink of starvation again and again. That same aunt who's dead corpse lies bloodied along the king's road. Grandmother chose correctly.

#17 2018-04-03 06:14:49

Lexyvil

To my baby boy, whom I have killed.

I am sorry that you had not lived for longer than a year. As soon as you came into my world, you ran out of my arms and went straight to the knife in the basket. You knew very well that bouncing against it again, and again, at your age, wouldn't make you wield it right away. I saw your impulsive intentions, but if by any case you were learning the ropes and were not a reincarnation of a town destroyer, then I am sorry for drawing my own knife. I would've let you bounce longer against the knife in the basket to your heart's content.

#18 2018-04-03 06:23:45

Kouyate

Dear Mom, if I knew you had a Knife I wouldn't have tried to tell you to pick it up to protecc us.

#19 2018-04-03 18:03:23

happynova

To the StLaunrents, named and adopted, if any of you are reading this: this is old woman Jackie.  I tried to lead the bear away from the village.  I was old and frail enough that I didn't quite get as far as I would have liked before starving.  I only hope it was good enough.  Wish I'd had time to leave you my clothes first, though.  Love you all.  I hope you thrive.

#20 2018-04-03 19:44:30

Lexyvil

Kouyate wrote:

Dear Mom, if I knew you had a Knife I wouldn't have tried to tell you to pick it up to protecc us.

Were you a baby just south of a farm when you died? It's possible that I might've been that mother.

#21 2018-04-09 11:43:20

Kitaelia

To the lovely "NICE" family that I was lucky enough to be born to on Server3 as a boy: You have restored my faith in virtual humanity! Thank you for knowing what's up with the new soil situation, only using wild carrot seeds, and balancing our diet with berries and rabbits with carrots. <3 I love you all!

Your OHOL Suggestions and ↑ or ↓'s are appreciated: OneLifeSuggestions Reddit
-Twitter- for Stream announcements & randomness!
-Twitch- to Hang out with me while I play!

#22 2018-04-13 16:18:43

Siolfor the Jackal

To the dumb horse-riding queen and her dumb son, Oliver.
All you did was ride around calling us peasants and occasionally murder us for no good reason. I'm glad some killed you. You sucked.
Oliver killed my mother, Joy. Said she murdered someone but I know she didn't so I'm glad I killed you to avenge her.

#23 2018-04-13 22:09:33

Aurora Aurora

Siolfor the Jackal wrote:

To the dumb horse-riding queen and her dumb son, Oliver.
All you did was ride around calling us peasants and occasionally murder us for no good reason. I'm glad some killed you. You sucked.
Oliver killed my mother, Joy. Said she murdered someone but I know she didn't so I'm glad I killed you to avenge her.

That’s not a very nice thing to say, peasant!

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#24 2018-04-14 05:45:57

Siolfor the Jackal

To Bachy, the bachelor with no name.
I came back home from the long rabbit hunt to find the camp empty. Then you appeared and we realised we were the last. We tidied up and hoped someone lucky might stumble over.
I saw you get old but I didn't get to say goodbye, you disappeared on me.

#25 2018-04-14 06:46:55

Zombeh

To my sons Atticus and Tiberius in my latest game on Server 2. You were both good sons, I'm sorry I only managed to have four kids and your two sisters both suicided after birth. Our family was doomed. You both did so well during your short lives into adulthood. A bear ended up coming and killing you both before I could ask if you were on the Discord or forums. I made arrows to avenge you, but by that time was too old and died mid-fight with the bear.

Ever had more than 15 babies in one life? I have.

So many babies.

Board footer