One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-19 19:41:12

Morti

TFW

You've spent the day running from established towns, and the nurseries, just to be reborn to help Eves and young civilizations, and while running from a large town to die in seclusion, you pass by landmarks of an area you remember working, with an Eve, many lives ago.

#2 2019-02-20 00:10:45

CrazyEddie

Re: TFW

F

#3 2019-02-20 12:02:39

Bob 101

Morti wrote:

You've spent the day RUNNING from established towns, and the nurseries

Use /die fuckwit.

#4 2019-02-26 14:59:47

Morti

Bob 101 wrote:
Morti wrote:

You've spent the day RUNNING from established towns, and the nurseries

Use /die fuckwit.

I clean up messes, I don't make them.
I'm not out to put any burdens on people.

The average town, no matter it's size, has on average less than 5% of the tiles within it free for working.

So if a town is 20*20, that means there are less than 20 free tiles within it,
30*30, maybe 45,
40*40, maybe 80 free tiles,
and chances are the nursery is located somewhere near the center.

Using /die under those circumstances is a burden to the people working to keep those spaces free.

Not only is it going to wind up wasting someones time to haul your corpse away, but they won't haul them anywhere near as far as I can run, so the graveyard builds up close to the edge of town where any new player with a shovel can burn half an iron unnecessarily burying the dead, if they don't wind up doing that closer to the nursery the moment they see a corpse and recall where they saw the shovel.

No one wants graves scattered throughout town, no one wants to move them, and no one wants to dig them back up just to relocate them, so it's best that kids who do not intend to stay in a town, die as far away from it as they can get.

--

Just because I'm not staying somewhere, doesn't mean I don't care about the people working there.

I've lived hundreds of lives with most of you, and I'll live thousands more.

It's not the game I care for, it's you;
each, and every, one, of you.

Board footer