One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-17 05:45:09

Portager

The more I play the new update...

The more I play the new update...the more I am getting vibes of this game from before the desert update. With the eves, living on green biomes, mostly spawning in camps rather than cities, and a focus on survival, this really feels like a blast from the past. I'm not sure I like it or dislike it, but it is bringing back a rudimentary playstyle that I haven't experienced in some time. I noticed that carrot farms are even starting to make a comeback.

Does anyone else who played before the desert update feel the same way?

#2 2019-02-17 13:17:46

Ellesanna

Re: The more I play the new update...

This game is definitely giving the vibes of the days when people could barely get past a certain technological stage due to there either not being an update or there not being a lot of skilled enough people to do so.

#3 2019-02-17 15:33:08

Mr.XIX

At first, the temperature update caught me off-guard, dying a few times to hunger.
But the more I play, the more I get used to it.
I now see people making a proper nursery (with full-time nurse!).
Clothing are now a luxury again, before the update, I usually dumped clothing because I managed the temperature myself.
Now I put on every piece I can get my hands on (or start making if none are present).
I think it's only a matter of time people gonna figure out what a Yum!-bonus is.
The berry meta is over, glory to the new age!

#4 2019-02-17 19:36:59

fragilityh14

yeah it absolutely reminds me of the more fun and challenging feel of before the desert update. I good portion of Eve camps should collapse before they get sustainable agriculture, even with experienced players.

It shouldn't be easy to just start a post apocalyptic civilization standing around naked in the desert.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#5 2019-02-17 19:53:22

Daffex

I enjoy it too. But people are struggling still with berries. This time, keeping them alive due to death. Berries still contribute to yum bonus, so people shouldn't instantly get called griefers for eating one from hand then from bowl. But they do anywaayyy...

I prefer to call my children after final fantasy characters.
- Love making sauerkraut! - Hate letting kids die.

I miss surnames. Remember surnames?

#6 2019-02-17 20:16:49

JoshuaN

The real griefers are the ones who spam eat berries on cooldown, 1 pip per berry.
Eat the corners of the sheep pen. Stab the last sheep. Pick the carrots that are suppose to be seeding. And cutting the last wheat.
Soiling berries without making compost... etc.

Yet, people do these things purely on accident sometimes because they just do not know. Then there are malicious players who do all of it!
Griefing is 10x as harder to come back from in the new update.. Everyone is too starving and panicked to get anything done.

Sustenance~   ( ・・)つ―{}@{}@{}-

Board footer