One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-17 09:45:51

Trick

We NEED more storage options

Once cities get large enough, there is literally shit on every tile for as far as you can see in all directions, and it's absolutely maddening.  I think 50% of my gameplay ends up being 'find the ______'. 

A great deal of stuff doesn't stack, even though that's entirely illogical.  Trying to organize it is ridiculous because people just come and take things and drop them wherever anyway, and who wants to play the "collect things into somewhat logical areas for an hour" game?

Suggestions:

- They had weapons racks back in the day - put two fence kits together and make it a tool rack.  All tools get stored on it.  It would be so awesome if we had designated storage locations where you could reliably go to find things.  There would be an expectation that people put things back to where they belonged.
- More things need to stack.  It's insane that 1 carrot takes up a whole tile.  Surely we can stack fricken carrots!  Clothes should be able to stack.  All of the billions of little metal pieces of the same kinds should be stackable.
- Shelving units that hold 6 full baskets.  The unit can have a 'sign' on it that says what the contents are (e.g., kitchen, seeds, metal, etc.).

The disorganization and crap everywhere is really frustrating.  You can never reliably find something.  No one leaves things where they found them.  Crap ends up spewing all over the damn map.  And as time goes on and more stuff gets introduced, this problem is just going to get worse.

#2 2019-02-17 10:09:39

Jojigirl

Re: We NEED more storage options

My baby almost died of starvation because I was trying to get him clothing from some bones and picked up a sharp stone that was in the backpack.. I had to search like crazy for a free tile to lay it on. Everything was cluttered everywhere. That drives me insane!

The thing that grates my nerves the most is milkweed and carrot seed scattered everywhere in abundance throughout the whole village! Find a spot on the outskirts of the village just for things like that. Would make village life a tad easier.

It would be nice if the wooden boxes could be filled up with 10 or so seeds, even a new item called a "seed box" or "seed sack", when filled it just looks like a container filled with a pile of seeds.

Seed sack

I love all of your ideas, especially the tool rack! We could have one at each station and fill it with tools that is used in that area.

I would love to see an update dedicated to storage and stacking.  Maybe that could be the next update to smooth over the distaste a lot of people are having for the temp update. wink

Last edited by Jojigirl (2019-02-17 10:22:15)

#3 2019-02-17 10:25:17

Peremptive

dude, fixing the storage problem is way too complicated. how about some planes and ultra fast temp shock death, that should fix it right? /s

#4 2019-02-17 10:27:08

voy178

I 100% agree with you, as much as I like tidying up an abandoned town. Gives something to do.

- Shoes staking in two would be something at least. Saves some space. Although since clothing is so essential it shouldn't be a problem to find someone to wear it instead of stacking it.
- The big seeds could stack like flintship, if we don't get a seed container. Having four in one square is better than one per square.

Now that buildings are important it should be on Jason's agenda to build furniture for us to store our stuff and decorate. The loom is a great addition for its decoration purpose.

Last edited by voy178 (2019-02-17 10:28:28)

#5 2019-02-17 12:29:05

Trick

voy178 wrote:

Now that buildings are important it should be on Jason's agenda to build furniture for us to store our stuff and decorate. The loom is a great addition for its decoration purpose.

This is another valid point - the buildings are just square areas boxed in, usually with an oven and floors.  There's no furniture or anything that would make it notably a 'house'.  Having some functional storage furniture would enormously improve the aesthetic in addition to being incredibly useful.

#6 2019-02-17 13:20:24

Ellesanna

Peremptive wrote:

dude, fixing the storage problem is way too complicated. how about some planes and ultra fast temp shock death, that should fix it right? /s

Don't worrry about storage! Now you lose half your bars immediately when you step onto another biome not fully clothed smile oh and over half the playerbase is in the process of leaving.

#7 2019-02-17 13:23:34

Rage
Banned

Ya the people who are alright with this 'update' seem to think there will be players left to fill the roles of full time hunters and tailors. big_smile

#8 2019-02-17 15:32:30

BlueDiamondAvatar

Trick wrote:

and who wants to play the "collect things into somewhat logical areas for an hour" game?

Um, me!  I'm just that kind of person.  That's why I play a carter.   

Doesn't mean I don't want more tools to make my job easier and more rewarding.  I completely agree with all of your suggestions.

There's a post on the suggestion subreddit that asks Jason to make a new thing stackable every week.  Go upvote it, and maybe make a post about your tool rack idea.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … e_one_new/

And yes, I realize that most people assume that Jason doesn't read the subreddit...but I have two reasons to think he does.  1) The sticky post in these forums talking about how to make suggestions (through the subreddit).  2) How he responded to the population balancing suggestion when it got upvoted over fifteen times *in the same week*. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … opulation/

When thundersens technical suggestion got upvoted quickly, Jason took notice and started a conversation in the forums about how to implement it.  He also implemented several other suggestions from the subreddit the following week.

I honestly think that if anything got over thirty votes he'd implement it.  The biggest problem with the subreddit is that the population of people active there is much lower than the number of people active in the forums.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#9 2019-02-17 20:57:21

Peremptive

there is a discussion ohol subreddit, why is there another one for suggesetions? There already aren't that many people on reddit

#10 2019-02-17 21:04:39

antking:]#

Trick wrote:

Shelving units that hold 6 full baskets.  The unit can have a 'sign' on it that says what the contents are (e.g., kitchen, seeds, metal, etc.).

a question a bout the shelves, would you be able to make them on walls or would you have to make it on an individual tile... like the wooden crate we have now, and to add on the that idea as their is a sudden influx of clothes being made (have no idea why wink ) I think we could also have a clothing rack, with a board and a long strait shaft you could hang, six medium sixed clothes (doesn't include shoes).

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#11 2019-02-17 23:48:09

BlueDiamondAvatar

Peremptive wrote:

there is a discussion ohol subreddit, why is there another one for suggesetions? There already aren't that many people on reddit

Because the OHOL discussion subreddit is unofficial and was created after the official suggestion subreddit.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#12 2019-02-17 23:51:53

Booklat1

Ellesanna wrote:
Peremptive wrote:

Don't worrry about storage! Now you lose half your bars immediately when you step onto another biome not fully clothed smile oh and over half the playerbase is in the process of leaving.

If you quit over a weekend you jst don't understand how this game is developed.

Board footer