One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-12 02:39:50

mensrea

Disconnect behavior

I have observed that player input affects the disconnect status.

For example, I observe players stop moving and I can continue to run around. But when I try to pick something up off the ground, my character bounces back and forth in the pickup animation. Briefly thereafter the OHOL client informs me I have been disconnected and would I like to reconnect?

When I am a young baby and unable to leave my mom's arms and players stop moving indicates the game is disconnected from the server. Since I cannot interact with an object, I do not get the disconnected and reconnect screen.

I will update when conditions permit me to make additional observations.

#2 2019-02-15 23:14:04

mensrea

Re: Disconnect behavior

So the behavior I described is accurate.

If I am unable to leave my mother's arms OR there are no objects to interact with (cleared tiles) then the disconnect takes a long time to appear.

If I am able to leave my mother's arms then I once I interact with an object, my character does the lag described in the Feb 10 lag fix, and shortly thereafter the disconnect screen is shown and I can attempt to reconnect.

The problem is that I cannot attempt to reconnect due to connection issue when held in my mother's arms and unable to get down to interact with something. I wonder what /die would do in that case? I had not thought of that before this post, but I will try it.

Board footer