One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-15 18:35:05

fragilityh14

Yum and Yellow Fever

There is a surprisingly weak wiki section on Yum bonus.

Yesterday, when i was running in the wilds as a little girl, I got yellow fever. I feared i was dead, however, standing in the badlands with a yum bonus of 5 or 6 I made it out with 4 of 5 pips of food. So not only did i survive, it mostly only cost me standing around 35 seconds and didn't come near to threatening me.

Does anyone know how yellow fever effects yum, if at all? It appears I still had all the bonus food points, and they weren't taken away at all.

If so, that's a damn good argument for yum chaining in the wilds.

[I also really like the idea of a yellow fever vaccine, that is made from the blood of an infected person.]

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#2 2019-02-15 18:48:05

Tarr
Banned

Re: Yum and Yellow Fever

Bonus food doesn't get taken away when you run over mosquitoes. You only lose food equal to the amount of pips that disappear and eventually reappear once the fever passes.

You can even use mosquitoes to boost your yum chain rather quickly by repeatedly inflicting yellow fever on yourself to allow more food to be consumed in a shorter period of time rather than waiting for all your bonus food to burn off first. So technically it's possible to eat a lifetimes amount of food via cheesing yum chaining with mosquitoes though this requires a 19 yum chain and for you to stay within a jungle for your entire life.

fug it’s Tarr.

#3 2019-02-15 19:04:47

fragilityh14

I'm glad I understand how this works now, because it's definitely a good reason to try to get a chain going before going out alone in the wilds.

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#4 2019-02-15 19:09:46

Booklat1

This is actually a pretty good reason for keeping yum lol

Board footer